Oral sex lessons to cut rates of teenage pregnancy

Umma

Oral sex lessons to cut rates of teenage pregnancy

Mark Townsend

Sunday May 9, 2004

The Observer

Encouraging schoolchildren to experiment with oral sex could prove the most effective way of curbing teenage pregnancy rates, a government study has found.

Pupils under 16 who were taught to consider other forms of 'intimacy' such as oral sex were significantly less likely to engage in full intercourse, it was revealed.

Britain's teenage pregnancy rate is the highest in Europe. In 2002 there were 39,286 teen pregnancies recorded. The government has spent more than £60 million to tackle the problem but so far failed to halt the rise.

A sex education course developed by Exeter University trains teachers to talk to teenagers about 'stopping points' before full sex.

Read the rest here

If the general public is too much a of a prude to give condom distribution and sex ed (real sex ed) at highschools a fair chance, how would one expect they would respond positively to this?

The parents will have fits even if such a thing is just mentioned regardless of the results of a scientific study.

I think a program like this desperately calls for adult supervision - i would be willing to volunteer :o

lol. That isnt what I exactly had in mind, RB... I was thinking of being more of a 'test' subject :o

I recently read on a "how and when to talk to your kids about sex" website (my son has been asking some questions lately and I wanted to find out how much one should explain to a preschooler etc.) that a greater percentage of teenagers engage in oral sex today than in the past because they do not consider it as intimate as intercourse. The site actually went on to caution parents of pre-adolescent boys about "predatory" girls who might try to get them to engage in what that current demographic apparently considers to be something fairly innocuous.

I have two problems with that. First, I can't think of what could be MORE intimate than having oral sex. I mean, c'mon! even fucking isn't--genital to genital contact, as intimate as it is, your eyes and nose are still several feet away from the action...

Second, why didn't the girls know about this back when I was high school! :reallymad:

Edited by CTC Command

Former President Bill Clinton and Monica sure were a fan of oral sex.

Wasn't it Clinton that was denying he had "intercourse"? :lol:

Apparently Bill is in tune with what young people today think :lol:

Sounds like this class really blows. hehehe..

I'm laughing, but I'm not telling you that in fear of encouragment! lol

And DAIC, think of the spots! And the grease! I'd rather avoid these lessons.

Shame there is a uni module. As Umma and Potato will tell you, it would be a guarenteed first!

I recently read on a "how and when to talk to your kids about sex" websits...that a greater percentage of teenagers engage in oral sex today than in the past because they do not consider it as intimate as intercourse.

i read that as well, but not recently (think it was in salon in early 2000). article centred around the idea that a 'kiss goodnight' was passe amongst teenagers.