Merry Christmas Everyone

DudeAsInCool

I'm busy packing coal into Xmas stockings for all my friends and business associates - I dont know whether I will be ready for Christmas or not!

I am fortunate to have two holiday parties to go to - feasting is assured. Other than that, I am starting on a screenplay with a friend (which was delayed for a years and a half) and hanging out.

What about you?

I'm back in England from Ireland for Christmas.

My new job is going well. My bosses are piling on the responsibilites, but are making sure that I also get the perks of that. A lot of hard work, but I'm really enjoying it.

At the last minute before coming back I managed to secure myself a house to live in next year. It is a bit out of Dublin, but has its own pubs and stuff. Nice house and nice people living there from what I've seen of them.

Dublin really is a nice place, just not for driving (No roundabouts, all one-way streets with no street signs and misleading directional signs). All the bars and clubs are non-smoking. It is /so/ much nicer - doesn't lose atmosphere like I thought it would. Smokers would disagree - especially in this weather! Mind you, some like it as it is/has helped them quit.

Sadly the bars I have been to poor the Guiness like they do in England, so no reports there.

The bars also dont play music. Threw me at first, but it makes them a lot more socialble.

Today I'm going to wrap up presents then catch up on sleep. Tomorrow I'll watch a bunch of Christmas films, then go for drinks with friends in the evening. Christmas and Boxing day (or St. Stevens day I should say now) with family :)

Glad to see you are all well.

I'm saving my HAPPY CHRISTMAS for the Christmas thread - which I'm guessing there will be :P

Visiting the grandparents on my dad's side, then on Monday visiting the other side for what I'm sure will be a really crappy experience. I haven't seen this side for over 6 years, since my grandma's funeral.

this weekend is a very busy weekeend for me cause everyone is coming back home to stay with family and us barpeople have to be on patrol. Poor us (lots of cash though).

I saw my godson act in some kindagarden play it was a major laugh to see all those 4 year-olds in that play. Major laughs I teel you.

Good to see everyone is doing OK and please Mal, drink a Guiness for me even though it sucks. I love those Irish pubs.

Excrement_Cranium, in-laws are the devil. Try to keep away from them.

oh...

forgot to tell you that my father ruined yet another weekend for me. I won't get into many details right now but I'll tell you sometime. For those who have both their parents together, please enjoy it. Even though they are a pain in the ass. As long they are both together and love you, do enjoy it.

Thankfully my parents are still a loving couple, although as many of you know my mom now lives in a seniors home. I consider myself fortunate to be able to help them as they have helped me, or should I say us. Although our gifts have been lost in the mail, hopefully for the time being, it still will be a good holiday for us, as we are taking dad to the home to spend the day having his family together. Method my friend, Im truly sorry to hear about your problems, but remember you have another family here. True we are at a distance, but we care a lot.

Tater come on now, and let the good things carry you over the bad. You are wise enough when in a bad situation to let the others step in the shit, and carry it home. Hugs to ya. All the best my friends, and above all make it a safe holiday season.

Curtis

we're gonna meet some friends, eat out, drink, smoke, nothing special really, i have to pack cause i'm leaving for Scotland on monday.

Thankfully my parents are still a loving couple, although as many of you know my mom now lives in a seniors home. I consider myself fortunate to be able to help them as they have helped me, or should I say us. Although our gifts have been lost in the mail, hopefully for the time being, it still will be a good holiday for us, as we are taking dad to the home to spend the day having his family together. Method my friend, Im truly sorry to hear about your problems, but remember you have another family here. True we are at a distance, but we care a lot.

Tater come on now, and let the good things carry you over the bad. You are wise enough when in a bad situation to let the others step in the shit, and carry it home. Hugs to ya. All the best my friends, and above all make it a safe holiday season.

Curtis

the rest of the family and relatives are ok. We all live in the same area and see each other all the time. My faher is the only problem but I got over that a very long time ago.

First, I gotta go to the bank and deposit some checks and then I've got like 2 or 3 more gifts to snag this morning. Tonight we are all going to some dreadful christmas party at "grandma's" or her daughters house (not a "real" grandma" just an older friend of the wife--they both also works for our real estate attorney). Yay. I had somehow actually forgotten about that until just now when i started typing out what we're doing...

Tomorrow should be nice--the kids make christmas christmas, if you know what i mean. We are making a ham dinner, & I want to bake some pies. I need to call my dad and see if he'll come up tomorrow. My sister can take her coal and shove...go to hell.

Then this week, no work, but plenty of time to crank out some more research. Enrolled on the "defend the thesis" course next semester, already met with the main prof who'll be supervising my putting together of said thesis and have a paper due in a couple weeks, an expanded version of the table of contents. This week I'll be down at the town hall, since the historical society is freaking closed all last week this week and the next. Oh, and i have to finish putting up the plywood in the garage and install the hooks so we can hang up the kids bikes.

A week off from work...YEAH BABY!!!

Went Xmas shopping yesterday. Festival of lights.

Today I had been up since 7 am baking things for cookie/candy platters. Then I just went up and decorated my fathers grave and said a few words...and now I'm eating before I pass out.

Tomorrow. up at the buttcrack of dawn to giggle my ass off at my kids, then church, then my moms, then mother and sister in laws.

post-59-1135473212.jpg

A quick Christmas dinner with the family and off to work. I think I'll turn the night into a party cause today is the 6th birthday of my bar. Free shooters to go around! No coctails though. Straight frozen vodkas. Makes you drunk quicker and it's better for the morning after lol

Have a nice one everybody!

Just returned from two feasts - the first for appetizers - the host gave me a 10 pound assortment of chocolates - fudges, truffles, cookies, you name it - I asked if they had a hypodermic needle :lol:

Then next to another spread for ham, turkey and all the fixin's - gonna have to go on a diet tomorrow ;)

Now I have to send out the rest of my xmas cards this evening - better late than never... :scratchin:

Just returned from two feasts - the first for appetizers - the host gave me a 10 pound assortment of chocolates - fudges, truffles, cookies, you name it - I asked if they had a hypodermic needle :lol:

Then next to another spread for ham, turkey and all the fixin's - gonna have to go on a diet tomorrow ;)

Now I have to send out the rest of my xmas cards this evening - better late than never... :scratchin:

Dude...no cookies this year :nope: Glad you got some sweets though. ;)