London bombs

Malicious Intent

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I left you out in my concern about my friends slum_goddess, I guess we see each other online so often, that at times we forget the distances that seperate some of us. Im just glad to hear that you, and yours are ok.

no problem, Hunter. by the way, you had a REALLY good time at the park on sunday, i'll post pics ASAP. :lol:

Yeah - I'm OK :D The reports from Swindon were just part of the confusion (and the media bidding war?).

It came to nothing.

yeah, i was just watching a clip from Swindon taken i think a few hours ago when i was posting above. it feels very strange, being so close to this. :(

Only got one mate potentially caught up in it and he rang me about 30 seconds after I texted him asking why everyone was harassing him and his 5 colleagues while they were driving down a motorway through Belgium!

It's certainly been one hell of a day.

SG: :wub:

I waiting for the IRA to blow up a mosque saying "Yo! Keep to your side of the street!..." There's no way I'm making light of this...in Jersey City there's A HUGE population of muslims that reside there...All I heard today were helicopters patrolling the East River...they must have received some intelligence because they were ALL OVER the waterways here in New York.

I don't know how the hell we'll ever win the war on terror...do we fight fire with fire...I hate it that we just take it...and then wait for the next attack...what the? Maybe our radical skinheads will have the balls to say...Ok! next bomb you fucks detonate ... we blow up one of your mosques. We'll see how fast the muslim community helps us to find/fight these extremists... :reallymad:

I'm just really pissed off right now... :reallymad:

Edited by Warflower

I don't think Blair will change the constitution like Bush. British will simply not accept big brother laws.

Whatever the police-army-lawmakers-goverments do, bombings and similar acts will never stop. It's simply impossible.

Laws don't stop "terroristas", politics does.

I have been following that also, and as this was the first real test of the communication systems, it would appear that they need to be beefed up quite a bit.

Apparently email doubled

http://nytimes.com/cnet/CNET_2100-1038_3-5778088.html

I'm safe where I am Hunter, nothing but fields to bomb, but this is the most depressed I've been since.... well, I'm shaking a bit. I never thought I would feel this way.

:,(

It's great to see that our British members are all right!!

:D

But I know how you feel too.

I don't know how the hell we'll ever win the war on terror...do we fight fire with fire...I hate it that we just take it...and then wait for the next attack...what the? Maybe our radical skinheads will have the balls to say...Ok! next bomb you fucks detonate ... we blow up one of your mosques. We'll see how fast the muslim community helps us to find/fight these extremists... grossecolere.gif

I'm just really pissed off right now...

That's the thing that most people don't realize about terrorism (and things like guerilla warfare). You can't "beat" it completely. Even the Soviets (with the sort of "retaliatory terrorism" you talk about) got bogged down in Afghanistan. And let’s not even get into the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

If someone wants to strap a bomb to themselves and get on a bus, chances are they will succeed in detonating said bomb in the presence of another human being.

This also applies to planting bombs too (and escaping), though that's harder to pull off (in comparison).

I suppose the main point though is that becoming a terrorist yourself or wanting other horrible human beings to commit acts of violence in such a broad....

we blow up one of your mosques

....way makes you no better a person than those who committed this crime today. That mosque you just wanted blown up could have innocent people inside it who don’t know anything except their daily lives and their religion.

You have so much hatred for the terroists (for good reason) yet you also want to BE them?

Doesn't make sense.

Joe i have been on this pretty much all freaking day trying to keep people informed as to any developments. Im not even going to say here what I said aloud every time I saw Mal, Slum, and the rest post. Aww screw it, I said Fucking -A, allfucking right. I kinda got attached to some of these buggers. :good job:

Killing innocent people is vile, and so is using them in the manner that is being done now. The rightful targets are those that encourage such actions. The fanatics that encourage the weak minded sheep that follow them to do such things are the true culprits. Although Im not religious, to attack someone at prayer, in school, or any where because of their race colour or creed is just wrong.

I don't know how the hell we'll ever win the war on terror...do we fight fire with fire...I hate it that we just take it...and then wait for the next attack...what the? Maybe our radical skinheads will have the balls to say...Ok! next bomb you fucks detonate ... we blow up one of your mosques. We'll see how fast the muslim community helps us to find/fight these extremists... grossecolere.gif

I'm just really pissed off right now...

That's the thing that most people don't realize about terrorism (and things like guerilla warfare). You can't "beat" it completely. Even the Soviets (with the sort of "retaliatory terrorism" you talk about) got bogged down in Afghanistan. And let’s not even get into the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

If someone wants to strap a bomb to themselves and get on a bus, chances are they will succeed in detonating said bomb in the presence of another human being.

This also applies to planting bombs too (and escaping), though that's harder to pull off (in comparison).

I suppose the main point though is that becoming a terrorist yourself or wanting other horrible human beings to commit acts of violence in such a broad....

....way makes you no better a person than those who committed this crime today. That mosque you just wanted blown up could have innocent people inside it who don’t know anything except their daily lives and their religion.

You have so much hatred for the terroists (for good reason) yet you also want to BE them?

Doesn't make sense.

Then I'm no better than those people because I want to terrorize them the way they're trying to terrorize us. They put us all in the category of infidels. I don't want to "just deal with it" and wait for the next strike.

I'm not taking the subway to Manhattan anymore but I found myself calling up all my friends today to tell them to watch their backs...be careful...I'm thinking of them...blah blah

I don't like feeling this way. You would say...they're winning then...because they've gotten to you. They got to me years ago when I first saw one of our pilots being dragged through their streets naked by an joyous mob until his limbs were smashed and falling off...

These twisted sick fucks need to be exterminated. They've distorted the religion of Islam and yes...I am filled with alot of anger at this moment.

Warflower, i don't agree w/your thing about bombing a mosque but i do understand the total frustration, fear and anger you're feeling.

somewhere up near Gleneagles in Scotland, bush went to sleep last night all happy and vindicated... :mad:

did anyone see Blair's first press conf before he left for London? bush stood there like a wax figure w/a dumbass look on his face...twitching and blinking and generally 'distinguishing' himself from the rest of the G8 leaders (they all looked properly sober). check this (the only pic of it i could find):

post-86-1120797748.jpg

Killing innocent people is vile, and so is using them in the manner that is being done now. The rightful targets are those that encourage such actions. The fanatics that encourage the weak minded sheep that follow them to do such things are the true culprits. Although Im not religious, to attack someone at prayer, in school, or any where because of their race colour or creed is just wrong.

:good job:

btw, yesterday bush went 'They have such evil in their heart that they will take the lives of innocent folks. The war on terrorism is on' which i've seen in some places as 'the war on terrorism goes on' as well.

when i first read it, i couldn't believe his utter gall, using the London tragedy to manipulate emotions for political gain. he WANTS us all to feel violent anger, please don't give in. :nope: and if people do, please turn it towards those who are responsible for this longass, bloody, expensive and absolutely unnecessary war (bu$hCo &c). :mad:

please turn it towards those who are responsible for this longass, bloody, expensive and absolutely unnecessary war (bu$hCo &c). :mad:

There's an argument to be made that the Bush-Blair policies have resulted in a blowback tragedy, BUT the people responsible for 911 and the London and Madrid bombings are despicable, vile and less than human, and that is where my anger is directed at this moment.