How much sleep do YOU need?

Kooperman

I go back and forth between 8, and 5 and a nap. It used to be the former until i inherited this occecat and hes on a different schedule than me... :reallymad: (Inbetween a hectic work day, all the crap at zp, I had to rescue a bird from his grip, and then get him down off a roof..you can see I have my hands full lol)

I need a lot more sleep than I can get and usually only manage a max of 4 hrs a night, and that's if I'm lucky, but enough of my insomnia.

From the article: '...People who slept only 7 hours each night also said they had more trouble falling asleep and feeling refreshed after a night's sleep than 8-hour sleepers.

Wow, that must mean they've either found a way to quantify tiredness, or, the 'results' are purely subjective and meaningless. <_>

I know one girl who literally only sleeps two hours a night

You really should let her get more sleep ;) :rotfl:

How much sleep do I need? Almost always more than I get, lol!

I have no idea how much sleep I really need anymore. First, my 'biorythyms' are permanently set to "night," and I often experience bouts of insomnia--one might guess either or both by the times on my posts... I used to be one of those people who could function for days on end with only 3-5 hours. But now it seems like I could use 7-9, though I usually only get 5-7. It's wierd--i'll find myself taking involuntary naps at the coffee lounge at school (I usually esconce myself in one of the comfy chairs there, hmmmmm) in the early afternoon like 1 or 2 or especialy while my son is watching his cartoons from 5-6. Most days if I try I could easily take a nap in the afternoon, unless my coffee meter is running on '10.' And I am so all ready for bed at 6 pm. But then after cooking dinner, getting Ian ready for bed and getting everything ready for morning I catch a 'second wind' and then I start messing around on the computer or cleaning...if I'm still up when Futurama and Family Guy comes on its all over.

Waking up in the morning is not my favorite--why does the pillow and blanket feel so much more comfy in the morning than at night? That's what I really want to know... <_>

Im usually on something like a 36 up/8 to 12 out cold cycle. although sometimes I turn into an underachieving rip van winkle and disappear for monthes on end. it all depends on a complicated combination involving phases of the moon, alignment of the planets and the radio waves that get in through my tin foil hat.

those sneaky bastards.

Im usually on something like a 36 up/8 to 12 out cold cycle. although sometimes I turn into an underachieving rip van winkle and disappear for monthes on end. it all depends on a complicated combination involving phases of the moon, alignment of the planets and the radio waves that get in through my tin foil hat.

those sneaky bastards.

Wow! I am glad us rednecks don't have all those problems. Sometimes I don't sleep to well cause I am thinking bout maybe somebody is gonna steal the tires off of my car sittin up on blocks in the front yard. Or maybe they is gonna break into my mobile home or somethin like that thar. Once I wuz sleepin good and had a nightmare bout a man came an gave me a job. It was terrible. Couldn't get back to sleep for at least another 6 pack.

heh... Im part redneck myself (by way of southern alabama) so I guess that just makes up brothers in arms redneck4sure! even if I do prefer my 1911A1 to the glock models...

and I too got offered a job once. in a dusty furniture warehouse. I wasnt there long before I caused a slight flood. well, more like a quarter million dollar flood.

know what I did next?

I quit.

I have a compact colt. It makes an easily concealed .45 cal. I prefer Glocks. (I have 4) That is what most people around here shoot at the ranges. Most of the race guns at competions are 1911's. I certainly have nothing against a 1911. It is definately my second choice. Good gun for sure.

remember: work is a four letter word and you know what your mother said about that.

Besides, I bet you got a quarter million dollars worth of dust off of the furniture!! LOL

I have a compact colt. It makes an easily concealed .45 cal. I prefer Glocks. (I have 4) That is what most people around here shoot at the ranges. Most of the race guns at competions are 1911's. I certainly have nothing against a 1911. It is definately my second choice. Good gun for sure.

remember: work is a four letter word and you know what your mother said about that.

Besides, I bet you got a quarter million dollars worth of dust off of the furniture!! LOL

Redneck, I have to ask...what is a race gun? Being born in Mississippi in 1951, I know the definition has to be a lot different than it was back in the 50's & 60's. :(

Gun competitions are like car races. You have stock, modified stock and so forth. A race gun is one that has had the hell modified out of it to make it easier to draw, fire, reload, aim and so forth. I could go into details but I am not sure other people would appreciate the info that is so far off of the point of this thread. I REALLY am here to make friends and not offend. Also I don't think you want all that info???

I get about 4 hours a night. Then have a nap for about 2 hours in the afternoon.

I seem to get more done in the night.

Lol, well it's my thread and i give it a lot of latitude.... :P

yay! :lol: :good job:

I do have a glock 22 sitting in the gun safe here so I have to agree, they are fine tools- havent taken it out in awhile though. so maybe its time for a good cleaning and some range time. my brother also just purchased a glock 27 and speaks highly of it.... BUT, my drean handgun is a tactical .45 from either kimber or les baer.

oh yeah, sleep. I must say something pertinent to sleep... so people, please, dont shoot a gun when you have not slept... it could turn into a dangerous spectator sport. hey, I tried anyways.

Those sound like some nice fancy shootin' pistols fer you rednecks, but fer us swamp yankees up here in southern RI we likes a 16 gauge pump shotgun, with the No. 2 shot. Not much gits past that...

A'course, The Hunter will probably have the last word on the North Coast gun totin...