How's Everyone Doing??:

DudeAsInCool

umma --> :lol:

last night i looked out the window and assumed a helicopter was hovering down low in the west. half an hour later, i looked out again and noticed the light was in the same position...there are 5 planets clearly visible in the nightsky now (in the Western sky on this side of the atlantic). just gorgeous.

WOW... thanks for the planet reminder SG.... I've been watching out for it since it was posted earlier this month. Sadly we had heavy cloud cover the last few nights, so no viewing. Always seems to be the same here.... if there's something of note happening in the sky..... we get blanketed out.

And it's another bootiful day if a little hazey. Bit of a sea mist this morning with the sun pushing its way through. Did I mention the molasses? The air also reeks of molases.... the combination of coconut and molasses is almost too much for a sniffer to bear. (They put molasses in the silage (winter feed) for the cows) Alas the scent of molasses, which has lasted all winter, will soon wane.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather calmed down in LA today - it was a comfortable 72 instead of 92. Thank god...otherwise, it was a pretty ho-hum day...not vey eventful.

Today is Wednesday... nothing ever happens on a Wednesday ... nothing other than the postman with the comb furrows in his perfect hair dropping junk mail in the letter box.. and the smell of wood smoke from the neighbours chimney mixing with the waning molasses and coconut

That's Wednesday.

roll on the weekend...

It's been warm and wet here lately in Kentucky and that means the grass is growing. It sneaked up on me this year, and I haven't got the lawnmower ready for the long mowing season. The grass grows so fast here that, at it's peak a couple months from now, I have to mow it twice a week. Shopping for a sparkplug and oil today, along with getting the blade sharpened. Then have to buy grass seed to put in the bare spots where the grandkids stomped the grass into oblivion over the late fall and winter while playing ball on the wet ground.

I've noticed that everyone else thinks spring is great. I dont. Around here the snow is sorta melting, which means all the garbage/crap is exposed, everything is dirty and smells funny, puddles everywhere, (and yet my friends think im a little negative)

To make things worse, it started raining over the weekend, which itself it a great thing cause it would clean everything up and make way for summer, but the very next day it snowed... :reallymad:

The weather here's been around 50 for a while now... that's damn nice for a Minnesota MARCH. The high for today is 48. :) The potato is excited.

Now we wait for our freak snowstorm.

edit: I just noticed that my avatar dancing cottonball dude looks like he's on speed.

Edited by Potato

Its 63 degrees here at the beach, kinda foggy still. We may not see the sun if it stays like this. I took the day off from work I just didn't feel like it. Don't have any plans so I guess I'll just go for a bike ride and enjoy the scenery B)

Its 63 degrees here at the beach, kinda foggy still. We may not see the sun if it stays like this. I took the day off from work I just didn't feel like it. Don't have any plans so I guess I'll just go for a bike ride and enjoy the scenery B)

that's the ticket! :lol:

anyway i can help? i can edit/proofread for you if you want (no charge).

If you're still interested in proof reading, here it is. It's in Word format.

It would actually be useful to get the opinion of some folks that aren't into Pliny to see if my essay is clear enough to be read without any prior knowledge of the material.

It's devoted to the treatment of women in Imperial Rome and whether or not the argument that suggest their emancipation holds up. I argue that it doesn't. ;)

The_Letters_of_Pliny_the_Younger.zip

A neighbour has just told me I can have their spare car ... they don't even want money for it... now is that too good to be true or what? :D :dancin:

The cosmic wheel is always balanced...Potato's bad fortune of wall-to-wall work while losing an hour's sleep is counterset by Umma's good fortune with the car. And the wheel keeps rolling along.

Damn cosmic wheel.

Probably won't help me any that I had a dream an ox was trying to eat me. Lost some sleep cuz of that. :P

Edited by Potato

If you're still interested in proof reading, here it is. It's in Word format.

damn...my mail is still whacked and so dint get word of this until just now. no problem; i'll pursue later on tonight (have to babysit today).

Have you seen that Monday moon?? :o

It's like daylight out there! Nice night for a hike.

yeah, last night's moon was fantastic so i went out to sit by the rhein w/my pipe. ;)

this is really interesting. :-)

as proofreader for typos and punc, it's pretty much perfect. as as editor, i have style issues so i did a bit of combining sentences and used different wording.

The_Letters_of_Pliny_the_Younger.doc

this is really interesting. :-)

as proofreader for typos and punc, it's pretty much perfect. as as editor, i have style issues so i did a bit of combining sentences and used different wording.

heh

You and every classmate who looked over it for the presentation.

Thanks.