Favorite Soundtrack

Shawn

Does anyone have a particular soundtrack that they have always really dig or dug? I don't mean Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon played along with the Wizard of Oz, or AC/DC's Who Made Who which was thrown into Maximum Overdrive, but an honest to goodness soundtrack.

I think these things can really make or break a movie.

Here are a few that come to mind (in the make-the-movie category) -

Shrek

Pulp Fiction (or any of Tarantino's; Reservoir Dogs, Dusk til Dawn, etc)

Empire Records

Judgment Night

Dirty Dancing

Forrest Gump

What am I missing?

Pulp Fiction (or any of Tarantino's; Reservoir Dogs, Dusk til Dawn, etc)  Empire Records  Judgment Night Forrest Gump
excellent. I'd add Trainspotting, Saturday night fever (disco must lol) , Fight club, Full metal jacket, Run Lola Run, eehhh.....hmmmm that's all I could thing of right now

I will have to research my collection for this one. Saying that, there must not be anything that stands out. But I forget what I have sometimes. ^_^

I would have to say that The Last Action Hero is one that stands out. Yes, basically, the movie blew big chunks, but the sountrack is quite good. It wasn't, however, enough to save the movie. From the album, I actually made a video to Megadeth's "Angry Again" using a Commodore 64. I has flashy colors and the lyrics. It was all timed to the music (which you would have to start separately). I would so much love to retrieve it. It's on a large (5¼) floppy. But I haven't found another C64 to play it.

psychofun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was going through my old records and cds and found some good ones...

Kika - film by Almodovar

Trainspotting

Amelie

The Mambo Kings

and off course Buena Vista Social Club (not actually a movie but a documentary)

Well I dont think this counts but I bought the Space Ghost Cartoon planet soundtracks when I was a youngen and time to time I still listen to them.

I just never really got into soundtracks I guess.

Here here Koop another belated b-day to you :frog: :frog: :frog:

I forgot to post another favorite sound track "Snatch" it had a great variety on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a special affection for r crumb. one of his comics rescued me from a bad trip at a pop festival lol. i also have several screenplays of his...

i always thought woody allen had some pretty good scores--lots of ragtime

Mia Farrow was a pretty good one, I guess....Diane Keaton is sexy aplenty...Louise Lasser was a minus score though....but Woody's last score, his former step-daughter, puts him in the Jerry Lee Lewis scoreboard zone.

Edited by Kooperman