• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beverly Hills.....swimmin' pools.......movie stars.....hillbillies....... :lol:

hoochie mamas and hoes!!! :wub:

most of 'em have tooooo many teeth but that can be fixed. :bigsmile:

All truer than you know - been there, done that :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Nails it pretty well.

Though, I have cut my gas spending by about $80 a month with a $40 increase in car payment. Oh, and $12 per term increase on my insurance... about $2 a month.

I still have to go to work, and school. Kids still have to get to school, wife to work. Still have to buy groceries.

All that, and I'm not sure I could stand looking like a complete tool on an electric scooter.

• 2 weeks later...

WASHINGTON - Winter heating bills will be a third to a half higher for most families across the country, with the sharpest increases expected for those who heat with natural gas, the Energy Department forecast Wednesday.

The department said natural gas users can expect to pay an average of $350 more during the upcoming winter compared to last year, an increase of 48 percent. Those who heat their homes with fuel oil will pay $378 more, or 32 percent higher than last winter.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051012/ap_on_...DltBHNlYwM3MTY-

yeah, I want to get a wood stove hooked up here in the new digs ASAP--i still have like 10 cords of wood in a shed back in my old place. city gas here--last year we paid like $2300 to heat that crappy Providence apartment we were in w/gas. have no idea what it will be here, and i don;t want to find out...

heh heheheh. I said wood.

But I have moved closer to work (from 43 to 21 miles), like the slate article said we were all likely to do in the next 5 years. woot woot look at me, the statistical outlier... :P The kids school--that's .2 miles away now, and the YMCA we belong to is only 5 miles. ANd pretty much everything else is right by too. We are psyched we are so much closer to everything now. (Except our families of origin, but thats really quite alright, really)

And gas, at the wholesale club i belong (1.5 miles away) was $2.64.9. Still $2 too high imo...

A friend fw'd this email to me today...not the first time I've gotten one of these spam-cotts

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:23 PM

To: [snip]

Subject: Hmmmm, This sounds interesting

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out on me at this point.. keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over TH! REE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it...... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK