wassup for the weekend, y'all?

slum_goddess

*yawn* today Hunter woke me up at 5AM, i went into the kitchen to feed him but he was all over me ('leaping, leaping, leaping' a la Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys, LOL) and so trying to get him off me, i spilt a vial w/10 days worth of liver meds in, then i accidentally put kitty milk into my first coffee while he wailed on after seeing the little bottle, thinking it was for him... still walking in my sleep *yawn* :lol: AND i woke up this morning w/my newest nosering gone...still looking for it. *sigh* (but i've got a selection of 10 or so to stick in meanwhile)

tonight we go to London (YAY!) to meet up w/friends in Brixton and then tomorrow it's the all-dayer 'Nice Tits--Help Keep Them That Way' (breast cancer benefit) where we'll see our friend Pen sing w/Some Dogs and Big Boy Tomato and then the Larry Love Showband comes on. :)

sunday, the Bammies are playing at the now sold-out ben and jerry's Sundae thing in the park but we stupidly dint get tix, not realising that we'd be in london (the hiroshima thing is a VERY important day around here that we celebrate every year). dunno if we can get in...yesterday i broke down and txtd Rock Freebase w/my tale o' woe; he said he'd try and that's good enough for me (or at least that's what i told pet man...what he doesn't know is that if we can't get in, he's gonna have to forcibly remove me from licking the gates around the park once i know D Wayne's inside w/the band) :lol:

post-59-1123221371.jpg

notice to Dude: i expect a complete account of every waking second of yours this weekend, not your usual generalised whatever. :lol: here's some motivation--it's Pen, who'll be singing w/the bands tomorrow (she's another cancer survivor). here she's looking the wrong way as Alabama 3 does 'mao tse tsung' (you can tell by the raised fists). :)

post-59-1123222183.jpg

Pretty boring weekend for me. Today I work the Wiggles at the Toyota Center. Can't wait for that.. :wacko: . Saturday I am off, catching up on house work, fun, fun, fun. And on Sunday I am working something called the Concert. There is a church service in the morning and then the Concert that evening, w/ Michael W. Smith and a couple other guys.

work for me but expecting some old friends to visit. All of us staying at my place...

:Here's to you: :horny: :drunk: :headbang: :theughface: :banana9: :banana2: :horny:

I am continuing to unpack and maybe a little exploration of my new environs.

Maybe I will also buy new phones and cancel my old ones.

Today I am going to look for an acceptable new comic shop. I went to one nearby, but it was an amalgam store that sold sports cards. If there is one thing i hate, it is a comic store that sells sports cards. They also told me they wouldn't give me a discount for subscribing through them... fucking idiots. I would go there and drop money on their comics... they would lose a bit, but I would buy toys and more fucking comics. Instead, they will not see me again.

My 'new' n64 showed up yesterday so I'll probably crawl into a hole for the entire weekend and only emerge for periodic naps. It came with two shat games but I have resident evil 2, command and conquer, golf and perfect dark to keep me occupied. The minute it showed up yesterday I plugged in Starfox and achieved the highest score on the cartridge at a sitting. :D

The exception is that tomorrow Spike has on the annual ultimate fight night so I'll probably have a few beer and watch that with my cousin.

---

And no offense to the women here I count as dear friends, but clearly your sex is the root of all evil. I always thought it was money.

---

Did you change towns or just chanteys wingnut?

Maybe you'll be saved MB

I wish we had a mooning smiley for you ASU

Cheers Method :drunk:

I nearly accused you of going off your meds last night SG. I couldn't figure why you started the thread on a Wednesday. :psychofun:

Working. As always.

And helping people move.

And somehow preparing for a speech, and a test.

And going to a show tomorrow.

Someone's already cranky as hell and the weekend hasn't even started.

Work Saturday, vacation starts Sunday. Got stuck with a graveyard shift in the middle o f the week though. Gonna take the kids to a water park, and go see my wife's dad in Oregon.

Pearl of wisdom from D.L. Hughley:

"Women love money. And what they love MORE than money, is YOUR money."

If women are the root of all evil.... is money the root of all women???

notice to Dude: i expect a complete account of every waking second of yours this weekend, not your usual generalised whatever. :lol:

:rotfl:

Ok...I havent had the luxury of 72 hour parting like SOME OF YOU FOLKS. But I will give you a taste of my friday (all work and no play is making me a dull boy)

730 Boo wakes me up, The radio is playing some news crap about the Bush Administration's change of the words "War on Terror" because of the poll slide. I want to go back to sleep and do.

9:00 Water the lawn. Check out the Beatking site--cruise the web for possible postings.

Exchange emails with music client and a young horror indie director. Skim a flurry of emails regarding a class reunion.

10:00 Get gas, pick up breakfast on the run, and go to the bank--Bevelry Hills adjacent.

11:00 Drive into Hollywod and pay the landlord and chat with some people who have new IMac G5s.

12:00 Pick up lunch--a giant burger with grilled onions at the local stand.

1:00 Back at home - check out the site, cruise the web for postings. Read emails, return calls, etc

1:30 Discuss screenplay changes with a client for a reading he is having on Sunday with the rapper Coolio and friends

2:15 Roll some calls.

2:30 Cruise the web. Check emails. Send a few IMs

3:00 Discuss what kind of deal we should give some people for their liferights for an urban longform tv project--i convince the other two parties not to give away credits--and hint, where is my paperwork!

3:15 Discuss setting an appt for next week to have my car painted gratis--a favor which is owed to me by a producer. (This has been a long time coming)

3:30 Drive across town to Brentwood to meet with a director who is in from Chicago doing a project on the Rosenberg Trial. Give him some casting suggestions (Winona, Robert Downey, Jr). Pig out on Key Lime Pie!

5:00 Drive thru rush hour traffic to drop off some cash in Ocean Park/Santa Monica for a friend who's broke. Im late--so are they. Dont leave until 7.

7:45 Call financier in Chicago to report on mtg with Director.

8:00 Eat dinner. Feed Boo. Water the Lawn.

8:15 Discuss my deal with one of the associates on the urban project. The other guy wants to give me a co-producer credit and that isnt gonna fly--i will tell him so and then have my agent beat him up next week.

8'30 Cruise the web for articles. Check out the site. Check emails.

9:00 Call Silicon Valley to discuss with a partner a technological development a friend has put together. Lament/Bitch the fact that the Beatking new design isnt done yet--he offers to help if needed.

9:15 Cruise the web. Check emails. Check out the site.

IM some friends--discussing having a cookout over the weekend. Possbly discuss a strange project which involves L Ron Hubbard and Aleister Crowley. Get a cute IM from an 11 year old daughter of a friend of mine in Hawaii--she wanted to know who I was--little does she know that her mom and I have a toe thing going :)

Flirt--read: looking for trouble...

11:51 Type this posting

See....boring. I dont like discussing my work generally speaking because things are so ephemeral in this town. I need a driink :)

Saturday was a kickback day - I wont bore you with the details. I treated myself to a massage at a hole in the wall in Chinatown--now i have had a lot of massages in my day, but this guy is absolutely the best--I will go even farther--it's the 8th Wonder of the world! For a moment I thought he was using a motor on my back!!! Then I picked up some chow and pigged out :)

Sunday - Did the script reading in Ocean Park/Santa Monica with some of the real characters the story was based on. The screenwriter/host prepared a feast for afterwards.

Tonight, I will tackle my email - far too much of it - I MUST DELETE...

That enuff boring stuff for ya, Slum? :righteousdude:

not much happening down here..weekend just about over...rain setting in for monday...heavy week of WORK coming up.....watching a lot of DVD`s on my pc and making a lot of VCD`s...... :)

post-59-1123336268.jpg

mmmm this weekend got realllllly nice Saturday night.... :) :) :) :) :)

Work sucked shit today though. However, the goodness of the Saturday far outweighs the shitfuck mess I dealt with today.

Went out Friday night to a new hangout on the East River called Water Taxi Beach...very nice and very crowded... :Here's to you: went to Goody's for more drinks and met a couple very cool people, got home at 5am :D :bonk

Saturday...rode the couch, ordered Chinese and movie. :I gotta see this:

Sunday ... :party: kiddie pool party in Long Island at 2...got home at 7 and worked on some glass...just finished dinner. Going to bed early. :)

blah blah blah (about the same exact things i thought apart from the toe-girl). blah blah blah blah Web, clients, massage, more web, blah

That enuff boring stuff for ya, Slum?  :righteousdude:

um...shit, i'll do it: Dude--will you marry me? (i don't think your life is boring and i'd be asking you even w/o the jealousy caused by the toe girl). :)

um...shit, i'll do it: Dude--will you marry me? (i don't think your life is boring and i'd be asking you even w/o the jealousy caused by the toe girl). :) 

Sure - where do you want to elope? :)

Sure - where do you want to elope? :)

'elope?' WHY ELOPE?