Creepy Teachers & Other Shameful Authority Figures

Shawn

Librarian Suspended for Lengthy Squirrel Rescue Efforts

A library worker in Michigan City has been suspended because she spent too much time trying to rescue a squirrel.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=4189942&nav=3w6o

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A library worker in Michigan City has been suspended because she spent too much time trying to rescue a squirrel.

Nothing too creepy about her.

She's just an animal person, and they make the claims sound way overblown (true she used Library resources to care for the bird, but only as shelter; it was a fucking garage). As for the squirrel, a lot of people don't like to see animals killed because they're considered "pests" (PETA would welcome her with open arms).

She doesn't seem scary to me.

Tennessee high school newspaper seized

OAK RIDGE, Tennessee (AP) -- Copies of a high school's student newspaper were seized by administrators because the edition contained stories about birth control and tattoos, stirring a First Amendment debate.

Administrators at Oak Ridge High School went into teachers' classrooms, desks and mailboxes to retrieve all 1,800 copies of the newspaper Tuesday, said teacher Wanda Grooms, who advises the staff, and Brittany Thomas, the student editor.

People can speak their minds and voice their opinions, but a school newspaper is a part of that school district's resources.

The school administrator and the district have final say on how they should be used.

It's a bad lesson in civics, yes, but unfortunately the school isn't a free bulletin board for a writer's whim.

There should be (and is) a consensus and approval on what is to be printed in a school newspaper.

When the students are ready, they can print their own newspaper with their own resources outside of school or join a company/organization that will let them have the freedom to write what they see fit with that body's resources.

I know this experience doesn’t help or prepare them any for those scenarios, but it’s the reality of the situation.

Either the students are going to have a voice, or you're going to have a PR rag for the administration

Not really. A "PR rag" would be if the administration told what to print.

This is more like censorship and editing, not CREATING PR for something else.

I can see the point but I think this entire situation derives from broader debates about morality and has its roots in current politics.

You can draw "right" and "left" parallels and could branch out into different things for hours.

All in all my argument isn't about what ought to be, it's about who is in the right legally. The district has the legal right to control the newspaper as they see fit.

"Participation opportunities for girls do not match participation opportunities for boys. Boys cannot participate on girls' team, although girls, if an opportunity is not provided, can participate on boys' teams."

This does highlight an anomaly on equal treatment of genders.

If this is valid, then gender "equality" is not in place.

It does make it impossible for a supporter of this point to argue for it directly using logic.

If someone here can do that, I'd be extremely interested in hearing it.

Nothing too creepy about her.

Agreed - the creepy ones were her authoritarian bosses

• 1 month later...

'Doodle' gets high school teen expelled

MCHENRY, Ill., Jan. 18 (UPI) -- A 16-year-old boy who doodled an alleged gang symbol in his notebook has been expelled from high school in McHenry, Ill.

Derek Kelly was expelled for the remainder of the school year Tuesday night during a closed session of the McHenry Community High School District 156 board. The Hispanic teen attended the meeting with his parents, who said he was not a gang member.

The Chicago Tribune reported board officials said a doodle of a crown, a cross and a spider web with the initials "D.L.K." in the middle was a symbol of a street gang. The youth's full name is Derek Leon Kelly.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?Stor...18-061216-1348r

• 3 weeks later...

First Grader Suspended for Harassment

BROCKTON, Mass.

A first grader was suspended for three days after school officials said he sexually harassed a girl in his class by allegedly putting two fingers inside the girl's waistband while she sat on the floor in front of him.

The boy's mother, Berthena Dorinvil, said she "screamed" about last week's suspension from Downey Elementary School, and added her son doesn't know what sexual harassment is.

"He doesn't know those things," she told The Enterprise of Brockton. "He's only 6 years old."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/08/D8FL3EGO0.html

Update:

Boy accused of sex harassment gets apology

Saturday, February 11, 2006; Posted: 9:07 a.m. EST (14:07 GMT)

BROCKTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- A 6-year-old boy who was suspended after being accused of sexually harassing a classmate transferred to a new school Friday after officials apologized to his parents.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/02/11/se...s.ap/index.html

:rolleyes:

Boy Charged With Felony For Powdered Sugar

CBS) AURORA Police in Aurora have confirmed that a 12-year-old boy who said he brought powdered sugar to school for a science project last week has been charged with a felony for possessing a look-alike drug.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_042233323.html

Does this mean its a felony to buy oregano now? <_>

Boy Charged With Felony For Powdered Sugar

CBS) AURORA Police in Aurora have confirmed that a 12-year-old boy who said he brought powdered sugar to school for a science project last week has been charged with a felony for possessing a look-alike drug.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_042233323.html

Does this mean its a felony to buy oregano now? <_>

The officials who charged the boy ought to be locked up in jail. :reallymad:

Mom jailed after dropping off girl at school

LEAGUE CITY — A 27-year-old League City woman who police said confused the weekend with a weekday and dropped her 6-year-old off at school was arrested Saturday.

http://news.galvestondailynews.com/story.l...6283ef4c6bb8464

• 2 weeks later...

A day care worker in Queens was arrested yesterday and charged with raping a 4-year-old boy in her care, the authorities said.

The woman, Khemwatie Bedessie, 36, a teacher's aide at Veda's Learning World, in Richmond Hill, is accused of taking the boy into a bathroom during nap time and sexually abusing him, the Queens district attorney, Richard A. Brown, said in an interview last night.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/02/nyregion/02abuse.html

post-86-1141275631.jpg

Man fired after being at dying wife's bedside

WINDBER, Pa.— A man said he was fired from his job of 13 years for staying with his wife as she died of brain cancer.

Bernard Chippie, a sales representative for a carpet-cleaning company, said he notified his employer on Feb. 13 that he would not be able to finish his weekly route because he had just learned his wife had between two days and a week to live.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/3693577.html

High school teacher's comments investigated by district

AURORA - A 16-year-old boy at Overland High School doesn't want to hear what he calls his teacher's left-wing political rants.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME...47-c589c01ca7bf

:reallymad:

Top court quashes school ban on Sikh daggers, citing religious freedom

OTTAWA (CP) - The Supreme Court of Canada has struck down a Montreal school board's ban on the wearing of ceremonial daggers by Sikh students - delivering a ringing defence of religious freedom in the process.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20060302/ca...a/scoc_kirpan_6

Isn't Red a member of the Church of Our Lady Glock? ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Dodgeball Game Leads to Assault Charges

A youth minister was charged with assault for allegedly knocking a 16-year-old boy down and kicking him in the groin after taking a head shot from the teen in a dodgeball game.

Source

Amen...

Isn't Red a member of the Church of Our Lady Glock? ;)

yes.

As it says in my NRA magazine:

The Psalms 23

Glock Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of Rednecks.

1 The Glock is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures wearing camo:

he leadeth me beside the still waters to stir up some shit.

3 He restoreth my trigger finger:

he leadeth me in the warpaths of rednecks for nobody's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of liberals,

I will fear no bullshit: for thou art with me;

thy high cap mags and thy armor piercing ammo they comfort me.

5 Glock preparest a night sight before me in the presence of mine enemies:

thou anointest their ass with lead;

my mags runneth over.

6 Surely firepower and ammo shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house with many Glocks for ever.

:lol:

Five Year Old Student Disciplined For Giving a Hug to a Classmate

Teachers swing into action over kiddie hug

Someone call the campaign for “Hugs Not Drugs.”

Parents of a kindergarten student in Maynard are outraged that their daughter and her classmate were disciplined for hugging each other on the playground.

Michael Marino and Brenda Brier told WCVB-TV that their 5-year-old daughter, Savannah, who attends Greenwood Elementary School, was forced to write a letter, complete with teacher corrections, claiming she didn’t like the hug.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional...rticleid=133821