3rd Grader Suspended for Butter Knife in Lunch Bag

DudeAsInCool

Third grader suspended for taking butter knife in lunch

From NBC12 News

Thursday, October 14, 2004

A King William County woman is questioning the county school district's zero-tolerance policy on weapons. Joyce Heath says her eight-year-old son returned to school yesterday after being suspended for seven days, because he carried a butter knife to school with his lunch.

http://www.nbc12.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...d=1031778530651

waahhhhhhh! i want our country back, the way it was before! :(

that's what i mean...a stupid DULL butter knife? and they take nailclippers and small pointy bullshit away in airports? (better not let me on the plane w/those tweezers....they're dangerous)

that's their idea of security, allowing the bin ladens (or whomever the fuck saudis) out of the country 12. sept and everyone else, US citizens have to be subjected to this, and live under this crap? FUCK THAT! they tore apart my boyfriend's Zippo lighter in june at the airport..and totally missed the cheapo bic lighter in the outside part of his bag EACH time he went through security. WTF is that at?

:lol:

In the immortal words of Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee): "Thats not a knife, THIS is a knife!!!"

True, but remember the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Harrison Ford was confronted by a man wielding a huge knife (or was it 2 knifes?). He only had a one thing to say: BANG! :lol:

Never bring a knife to a gun fight. :bigsmile:

That is awful Yoda.

You can't help but believe what Michael Moore had to say about generating a climate of fear. There is a program starting on tv soon, which is claiming to investigate whether governments are now promising to protect us from false nightmares, rather than trying to sell us false dreams.

It seems like no one really believes it, but as soon as it comes to covering their own backs at work, people will do anything.

There is a program starting on tv soon, which is claiming to investigate whether governments are now promising to protect us from false nightmares, rather than trying to sell us false dreams.

details, please. i wanna see this.

There needs to be an end to zero tolerance...it tries to avoid BS, but really just creates more

And about the general comments on security...our current security is stupid...either go Israeli style with it or don't do it at all...this inbetween shit doesn't protect against anything, but has all the stuff that's a pain in ass. All bad, none of the good...we got it backwards

And about the general comments on security...our current security is stupid...either go Israeli style with it or don't do it at all...this inbetween shit doesn't protect against anything, but has all the stuff that's a pain in ass.  All bad, none of the good...we got it backwards

I agree. If you look to the top of this page at the pic I posted you will see where my position is. :rolleyes:

Edited by Redneck4sure

The Power Of Nightmares. BBC2, 20th October, 9pm.

YAY and thank you MI. it's on a channel we get! (totally don't understand the deal here; before we got the set-top freeview box, we got many channels including 4, just w/o audio. now we have both vid/audio and channels like 4 don't come in at all...WTF?) anyway, i put a reminder in my Palm w/an alarm so i don't forget, duh me.

You can't help but believe what Michael Moore had to say about generating a climate of fear. There is a program starting on tv soon, which is claiming to investigate whether governments are now promising to protect us from false nightmares, rather than trying to sell us false dreams.

totally off-topic: this was incredible; we both saw it last night. i can't wait for the next one and wish to fuck EVERYONE in the states could see it. it showed how the neo-conservative movement got going, just about the same time (1949) as the current islamic wotever became the reality it is today. excellent stuff.

Edited by slum_goddess