Beatking MugShots

Yoda

hiya moonglow. :) and thank you for posting her, moodyblue. i, too, have a problem w/photos of myself (i HATE having my photo taken by anyone apart from me).

last year at the leicester festy, photographers from XFM (and/or virtual festivals.co.uk, i think) wanted to take my pic after A3's bassplayer, Segs, wished me a happy biffday from the stage. i'm all NUH-UH! no fuckin' way! (it was 101F and that was only the start of my complaining reasons why not. they told me 'the band' asked them (we were all inn a group hogging the first row, centre, but i turned around like a moron, dripping wet pouring sweat, and wouldn't turn back until they finally split. yes, i know i'm a jerk). :(

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol: I just really hate pics of myself :sad: it seems I always come off lookig like Chuckles the Clown, ya know :lol::lol::lol: anyway....Moodyblue took it after we got back from working the Metallica/Godsmack concert last night/this morning ( I think it was about 1 AM this morning) but thats still no excuse...... Oh well nothing I can do about it, I guess I will always be Chuckles the Clown :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: i'd rather look like chuckles the clown than an escapee from an insane asylum like in my passport pic , embarrassing :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

hahahaha, i'm still high from the other night. :lol:

who's graham bonnet? was he in the crowd or onstage?

oh wow--that's rob spragg (in his 'larry love' persona) from the alabama 3. is graham bonnet like a singer or performer?

here's baby rimone lighting another one :smokin:

:lol: actually, the real baby is clarita, behind me (19 years young).

oh wow--that's rob spragg (in his 'larry love' persona) from the alabama 3. is graham bonnet like a singer or performer?

english rock and heavy metal singer..born in 1948 in Skegness, England

Graham Bonnet's musical biography begins back in 1968 when he recorded "Only One Woman" (written by the Bee Gees) with a group called The Marbles. This was the beginning of a long career that has included many solo efforts as well as collaborations with bands such as Forcefield, Impellitteri, Michael Schenker, Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Pretty Maids and Blackthorne...also did standout version of " its all over now baby blue " and a very well known version of " warm ride ".......known for his trademark " aviator " style dark glasses....he looks a lot like the guy in the photo...

GRAHAM BONNET stepped into heavy metal history on a whim. Neither his R&B background nor his conservative image was a comfortable fit in the hard rock community. Yet Graham’s incredible talent catapulted him into the limelight as the voice behind landmark albums with Rainbow, Michael Schenker and Alcatrazz.

In 1979 Graham Bonnet was making headway as a solo artist, having left behind a successful partnership with his cousin in The Marbles a few years prior. At his manager’s insistence, Graham auditioned for Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow. He was hired on the spot. The band recorded ‘Down To Earth’, an album celebrated ever since as one of the greatest hard rock releases ever. Bonnet then moved on to Michael Schenker’s group, where he scored another coup with ‘Assault Attack’ – an LP which many fans rank as Schenker’s best. This association was short-lived, however, and came to an ugly end as Schenker and Bonnet fought onstage at a warm-up show, just prior to a potentially career-making festival appearance. 1983 found Graham forming a new band, using Rainbow and MSG as a template, and enlisting young Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen. The group recorded one album, and managed one tour, before ego and creative differences broke the band apart. Alcatrazz continued, first with guitarist Steve Vai and later with ex-Derringer guitarist Danny Johnson. When the band fizzled, Bonnet began the first of numerous collaborations with groups like Impellitteri, Forcefield and Blackthorne. While the quality and popularity of the recordings varied, one thing was constant: Graham Bonnet possessed a voice like no other.....

post-59-1103618199.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

this is why i don't talk on music topics--because i don't know shit. funnily enough, after i saw this yesterday, i mailed this topic to the dude who rob's staying w/in cardiff and asked if he knew who graham bonnet was...they told me something was wrong w/me if i din't know. oh well...now it's official. :lol:

actually, the real baby is clarita, behind me (19 years young).

i forgot to say clarita's a maths student at some prestigious uni here (forget which one) and is a lapdancer at some strip club at night. now that i have your attention. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

thass mah honey last month :wub: in cowboy hat (in honor of the band) and charles manson T-shirt. :)

post-59-1106062118.jpg

you were in greece missing the fantastic gig. but chris has two manson shirts, both glow in the dark (one of them says 'is it hot in here or is it just me?') :lol:

nah i dint, just a photo of a huge beautiful plant at the bank. in all honesty, it dint occur to me. :(