Paul McCartney Talks About Past Drug Use

mccartney.jpgPaul McCartney Talks About Past Drug Use

Paul McCartney says he got no thrill from heroin, but found cocaine more to his liking for a time.

"I tried heroin just the once," McCartney said in interview published Wednesday in the Daily Mirror newspaper about his drug use in decades past.

"Even then, I didn't realize I'd taken it. I was just handed something, smoked it, then found out what it was.

"It didn't do anything for me, which was lucky because I wouldn't have fancied heading down that road"

Read the rest here

well he can afford to be more honest nowadays, the threat of being arrested isn't hovering, I always thought paul mccartney was the more politically correct member of the beatles, john lennon spoke his mind more freely. sure miss him, wonder what he'd be saying about iraq.

that was the perception - i think they were equally bad boys, but john was a bit more of an intellectual

I always thought Paul was the boring one. Though I did see him in concert once and it was a kick ass show.

Musicaly he can be ok, what the heck he only has the beatles catalog of music to draw from hehe

peace

it's easy to overestimate the influence of drugs on the Beatles' music."

Gee I wonder why? :bigsmile:

I love his work and did like the Wings music and most of his solo stuff.

maybe with heroin, his last 15 albums wouldn't have sucked (then again, maybe eating meat was what made his old stuff good)

currently, he's a whacked out fruitcake, and i can honestly say he is prominent in 1 of the 2 simpsons episodes i hate (the other one is the dennis the menace/bush one)--you don't like meat? jim dandy, but don't let it wreck your music (off the ground, with its animal rights/ veggie agenda was the most pitiful album in my recent recollection, second to will hung perhaps)

i always saw him as the pretty boy. i liked john and george best (but ringo had some of the best solo stuff)

I dont disagree with the critics--but he was a damn good bass player... Check out the licks on Revolver or singles like PaperBack Writer or Day Tripper.. It was primitive, but I did like his first solo album with Maybe Im Amazed..

hell i'd go as far as saying his albums up to "wings over america" were good (Mccartney, Band on the Run, Ram, Speed of Sound, all great)

somewhere around 1980, he ran out of ideas or something (though Flowers in the dirt (1989) isn't half bad, even so it's a small island in almost 3 decades of excrement)

i guess when you made some of the best music of all time by the time you are 25, it is a bit tough to follow and keep up that pace

i guess when you made some of the best music of all time by the time you are 25, it is a bit tough to follow and keep up that pace

Maybe the drugs affected him more than he thought :bigsmile: Band on the Run and what I heard from Wings are unlistenable..But I will have to check out Flowers in the Dirt based on Nate's recommendation..

Maybe the drugs affected him more than he thought :bigsmile: Band on the Run and what I heard from Wings are unlistenable..But I will have to check out Flowers in the Dirt based on Nate's recommendation..

as long as it's free, try them all! the beauty of p2p, no more wasted 10 spots on shitty records

omewhere around 1980, he ran out of ideas or something (though Flowers in the dirt (1989) isn't half bad, even so it's a small island in almost 3 decades of excrement)

You were custom-made to offer the normal joe an album reviewer they could trust. :D

maybe with heroin, his last 15 albums wouldn't have sucked (then again, maybe eating meat was what made his old stuff good)

:lol: (i agree).