ES5 going to hell

Pablo

OfflineRas Posted: Apr 25 2004, 09:42 AM

ESV Enterprise Guru

Group: Admin

Member No.: 2999

Last night and today, I instructed our staff to delete any user that breaks my rules of respect.

If a banned user tries to log on with a different account then we will delete that new account as soon as we become aware. Further, we will delete any banned users messages.

It is my system with my rules and if you don’t like it, then move on!

As most of you have noticed, we are making a lot of changes here at Earthstation 5.

We are also effective this date and time changing our policy relating to the P2P world and that community.

If you tell us that you do not support ES5 then their is no reason why we should maintain your account. Move on!

We are also cleaning up the board of old messages.

Ras

It's way worse than just this though. They are banning people left and right.

The famous flame chamber can no longer be used to flame anyone ( it was fun to read them sometimes ) and any disrespect towards the owner RAS or any post that is unsupportive of es5 will get you banned.

Most of you probably already hate them. They don't have a good rep. I sure did like some of the people there.

The much praised forum with Freedom of Speech is no more.

Sad.

Hope you don't consider this spam :)

That's pretty typical of those guys. First they shot themselves in the foot with the entire p2p community and now they are doing the same thing with their own community.

Even when their main ppl used to come around to ZP they could never take any sort of criticism about their program.

Maybe i should go try my account and see if I have been banned. :P

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I looked at that thread and he said something about changing his mind and that you aren't banned anymore... I'm sure you know tho...

it appears to be internal stuff again... much like the a democracy but also much like a communist type of government there with more rules like you can't talk bad about the top officials...

I haven't been there in a long time. I was banned for speaking my mind. No swearing or such, just the wrong person in the wrong place. In the overall picture, they have been doing far better lately. No wild arguments over nothing.

How is the content on the network?

Why is he still going by the name Ras?

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

M.I. could probably answer those questions for you especially since he wrote that article on Slyck analyzing ES5.

M.I. Did a good job on that article.

If you know RAS you know he's not too bright about whats going on in the p2p world.

If you know SharePro you know he can't keep his mouth shut.

It seems either one of them keep sticking thier feet in thier mouths.

I'm not out to badmouth them. It's just a shame after people have tried to help them out they are just blowing it like this.

RAS doesn't know any of the members or know what they do. He's banned several vet members " on accident " when he was slashing others that cursed him out ( in the flame chamber only ).

I guess he'll learn the hard way.

Anyway the last build I tried actually was stable but I had to enable 500 threads to keep it from crashing when it tests proxies. Content isn't too good and what he doesn't realize is that pissing all these people off ain't gonna help that.

Also I will be referring people here in the future for music info and/or just a cool forum to check out hang out in.

Peace.

The ESV boards has always been a bit odd... they are out-of-control and the moderators are insane.

Perhaps I will see if I can be banned... I haven't used the site in a while (since I used an alias during the ESV wars), but i did enjoy the absurd posting that was allowed (and even lauded). Perhaps I will put my poster to rest...

Sounds like the site was a barrel of laughs to watch as a voyeur.. I've only read articles on the owners--they seem quite the provocateurs...

It was no accident that I stayed away from the politics.

Slyck should have a dedicated column to the politics at ESV. From what I have seen, and some of the PMs I received after doing that article, it is better than a soap oprah there. Stuff you couldn't make up lol.

Perhaps do it as a comic strip.

es5 has always been hell

especially if you like to see posts with logic, facts, and some semblance of human intelligence

but if you are a quart low on outrageous conspiracy theories, paranoia, shameless fanboyism and toadying, and x-rated/drug references in every sig, by all means you need the es5 forum