Zeropaid Declares War On BeatKing

napho

I do have a sense of humor

Good. This is a place you can let your hair down and everyone will respect you. So relax and join in...I suspect ZP threads like this will rapidly disappear...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest .::BeatFactory::.
Not true, If you look at the "Advanced Users" section which was there when it was beginning there is the cd cover art forum, which was rarely used. In the forum layout plan which wasnt stuck too for the most part, there was also a forum planned for music, not based on genre but just a general forum for music. It was never really "denied" it just never got done in the rats nest that was created and never took shape.. Which was completely up to the admins not me, warez was never a issue at all.

Yeah I knew I've seen something about music on ZP before but up until last week, nothing really developed other than tamarisk's album review thread. I took a peek over at ZP this morning and looked at the recent posts. Judging by the recent posts, it looks more like a music site than a p2p site.

IMO, I think the music subforums on ZP should be collapsed so that it doesn't seem so huge in the main forum page. That's just my 2 cents. :scratchin:

IMO, I think the music subforums on ZP should be collapsed so that it doesn't seem so huge in the main forum page. That's just my 2 cents. :scratchin:

I agree. It makes zp look like more of a music site than p2p just because of the many sections.

The zany organization of the ZP forums... :wacko:

Often the "Advanced Users" section had good stuff going on, but then there was other similar/parallel discussions happening in the lounge and then in uber-lounge...I never disagreed that the forums needed reorganizing, yet whenever I tried to engage in ANY constructive discussion/criticism I was always greeted with all the respect of a red-headed step-child, as were others who have made a new home here at BK.

No one here has flat-out declared their dislike for me (well, not yet anyway) and this place tastes great and is less filling...less filled with bs. Actually, there's no BS here.

It still takes 5 minutes for pages to open over there (why? I asked that ? about 16 times but never got an answer) and since most everyone whose posts I cared to read or respond to on ZP are over here now, why bother? Music is the whole point of p2p for me anyway, and we have some great info on just about every genre getting passed around here.

When are the Beat King shirts coming out?

Edited by CTC Command

lol. believe it or not we havent had any discussions about them yet. well, umma did suggest tshirts and hats yesterday, and I want a dark blue hat that has beatking in white letters across the front of it. we will look into it, i guess.. maybe we should start a poll and see if people want them, and what they would like them to look like. frankly, beyonce would be welcome to model them if shes interested :lol:

I never disagreed that the forums needed reorganizing, yet whenever I tried to engage in ANY constructive discussion/criticism I was always greeted with all the respect of a red-headed step-child, as were others who have made a new home here at BK.

It still takes 5 minutes for pages to open over there (why? I asked that ? about 16 times but never got an answer) and since most everyone whose posts I cared to read or respond to on ZP are over here now, why bother?

If you remember the forum reform plan was nothing new, in fact it took about a month and a half to complete with over half that with community feedback. Which unless you wanted to do something that was duplicate of something already in there then it was taken seriously. Really with how some conducted themselves and everything seemed to be a joke to them, which its funny when they want to be taken seriously when everything to do is a joke or "joke."

If it still takes 5 mins then there is something wrong with your internet connection. Forum slowdowns in the past were caused when the server load was pretty high.. Which I did post the reason why at least a few times over there too, i guess you must have missed it..

Communications often seems skewed over the internet. In any event, I'm looking forward to returning our focus on fun and music here at BK... Since many of the members here are vets of other forums, it will be great to learn from their past experiences so we can continue to make this site the best it can be for everyone..

That's a great idea ! :good job:

I think the guys should model them, if they are to exist.

Another great idea :lol:

When the BeatKing thongs are produced, I know potato and Umma will be more than willing to model those... :good job:

Uhhhmmm I think not.

I'll model if it's a big brown bag and it's on my head.

I'll model if it's a big brown bag and it's on my head.

I guess we can have Jipper come up with a design for brown paper bags, too... :bigsmile:

I recon that the leaving of Seph is related. If I think really hard to a long while ago (perhaps the first time I signed up at ZP), I remember there was talk about ZP getting a dedicated music forum. It was denied on the grounds that it would encourage warez. I think that was by none other than Seph.

Not true, If you look at the "Advanced Users" section which was there when it was beginning there is the cd cover art forum, which was rarely used. In the forum layout plan which wasnt stuck too for the most part, there was also a forum planned for music, not based on genre but just a general forum for music. It was never really "denied" it just never got done in the rats nest that was created and never took shape.. Which was completely up to the admins not me, warez was never a issue at all.

There were three "what are you listening threads" that were going on in three seperate forums at the same time.. That happens because the forums were very(and still kind of are) disorgainzed. Which is why i "made a big fuss" over them, which could have easily been solved but wasnt and so i had to work with what i was given.

Anyways just wanted to clear that up.

I do have a sense of humor, but most of the shit that i guess is suppose to be "funny" just isnt very funny mainly because they are all "inside jokes" or small variance on a old one that ive seen before.

That's cool. My memory clearly failed me.