• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

#meow.

Or #Kay!!

Hey I'm in. This is a great idea, I think it's definitely time for this change.

For everyone who doesn't know me here, HI!!! I just realized this is my first post here. I'm Stellar, from zp and thebighack, but um not so much zp anymore. I spend most of my time in chat, also with the nick Ambellina.

:lol:

who are you?

That was rude Method77!!!

use "Seanna please Identify yourself!"

Now say you are sorry.

So........what's the deal? The admins here are for it.

I haven't heard any more from the channel folks. :D

Lastly, we have no problem with the name beatking.. but we want to make a name that has no association with any one site. We are a single entity, not the tail feathers of another.

That's why. :)

I found with the beatking chat on Ares, lots of people came in to "battle".

MI

Really...what kind of battles? Did you protect our honor :envy:

And Shawn, I think Moonie and Method were working out the details...I do like the sound of of Beatking, though lol

the only setback is the name. I suggested #beatking but for the reason posted above it's not accepted. Moon had a bad experience with the ZP people and he's more cautious now but we have to show him that this is nothing like ZP. We have proved that lots of times....

...so how about it moony?

Why not set up various names?

Chatters can call it the beatking channel, admins can call it the unoffical beatking channel, then after a few months....

;)

Why not set up various names?

Chatters can call it the beatking channel, admins can call it the unoffical beatking channel, then after a few months....

;)

Here is a compromise... It just came to me and I kinda like it:

#beatbox

It ties in with music, chat and talking all in one word. What do you all think? Plus, it sounds like it is the unofficial beatking chat, yet still holds possible affiliations with other places (eg ZP, other places, etc.).

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to rush you. I just hadn't heard anything about it in awhile and didn't want you to think there was a lack of support for the idea.

Don't forget about the chat in the BeatKing room at soulseek--several of us try to keep that open for any wandering minstrel types that care to join us. Same thing there too--sometimes there's three or four people on, but conversations can seem like slow motion, because we're not all sitting at the keyboard waiting for the queue to go from 417 to 416, lol.

So #beatbox, eh? Good name, though I was going to suggest #coolxzpers...

MI

Really...what kind of battles? Did you protect our honor :envy:

It was people that wanted to call eachothers mums names (screw you if you think I'm even attempting to put the apostrophes in the right place!), whilst making sentences rhyme.

I'm sorry, I didn't join in.

Talking of which, I should be hosting the chat again as of this sunday, but I will be about 70 miles from the computer hosting it. It's a complicated situation!