today i totally hate

slum_goddess

Dude, I'll have to get back to you...I'm leaving for the day. I've been trying to figure this one out a good part of the night...can't understand why it would highlight the whole paragraph unless you're clicking more than once in that area where instead of just selecting one word to highlight...it's selecting all....hmmm But it's not like your new to Word...but it's difficult to tell what you're doing exactly from here.

My advice would be to use revision tracking to track all changes in your document. If you have time, play with it. It will strikeout all deleted text, and double underline all added text...(you could change those options too in Tools). You could accept all/ignore all changes in the end ...there's different "view" features too.

Just a thought Dude...

I'm done with the assignment for now. The problem was in the automatic formatting, even though it was turned off. I will take a look at the revision tracking version. The problem may have been in that I was important text that used another font...but that should not have changed the formatting, and caused parts of the document to become blue when I was just highlighting a sentence or two.

But I do have a few parting words for MS Word :lol:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, why don't you try NeoOffice (open source freeware)?

THE LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT OF WATER & POWER

Over the last year, our neighborhood has been knocked off the electrical grid for about a week. Feels like a war torn area with this many outtages :mad:

ebookers.com and Delta airways.

I am a coca-cola addict and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Lately, however, I was reading up on the subject after being warned by my sister, that Coca-Cola no longer uses its 'original formula'. According to Wikiped ia, "there is also some concern regarding the usage of high fructose corn syrup in the production of Coca-Cola. Since 1985 in the U.S., Coke has been made with high fructose corn syrup, instead of sugar glucose or fructose, to reduce costs. This has come under criticism because of concerns that the corn used to produce corn syrup may come from genetically altered plants.[43] Some nutritionists also caution against consumption of high fructose corn syrup because of possible links to obesity and diabetes.[44]"

So today, I've made the switch. I bought 4 glass bottles of Mexican Coca-Cola,, which uses sugar instead of fructose, and you could tell the difference immediately - this was the classic coke I grew up on. Tomorrow, I will call the Kosher food market, which sells Kosher Coca-cola (with sugar, not corn fructose) and see if I can get a better price, as the Mexican cokes were $1.50 a liter.

For a company which has millions and millions and millions of loyal customers, you would think they could be honest with them, instead of cheaping their brand and insulting their fans, by switching to corn syrup to cut costs and make more money. 'Original formula' my ass - I just might look into a class action suit.

:mad:

post-9-1177287762_thumb.jpg

post-9-1177287773_thumb.jpg

post-9-1177287780_thumb.jpg

I am a coca-cola addict and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Lately, however, I was reading up on the subject after being warned by my sister, that Coca-Cola no longer uses its 'original formula'. According to Wikiped ia, "there is also some concern regarding the usage of high fructose corn syrup in the production of Coca-Cola. Since 1985 in the U.S., Coke has been made with high fructose corn syrup, instead of sugar glucose or fructose, to reduce costs. This has come under criticism because of concerns that the corn used to produce corn syrup may come from genetically altered plants.[43] Some nutritionists also caution against consumption of high fructose corn syrup because of possible links to obesity and diabetes.[44]"

So today, I've made the switch. I bought 4 glass bottles of Mexican Coca-Cola,, which uses sugar instead of fructose, and you could tell the difference immediately - this was the classic coke I grew up on. Tomorrow, I will call the Kosher food market, which sells Kosher Coca-cola (with sugar, not corn fructose) and see if I can get a better price, as the Mexican cokes were $1.50 a liter.

For a company which has millions and millions and millions of loyal customers, you would think they could be honest with them, instead of cheaping their brand and insulting their fans, by switching to corn syrup to cut costs and make more money. 'Original formula' my ass - I just might look into a class action suit.

:mad:

If I drink soda, it's Pepsi.

Dude, if this is true, you got a case. S.O.B.s

The greedy get greedier.

I hate that I cannot get a hold of Slum Goddess and she's leaving this Thursday!! :blink:

If I drink soda, it's Pepsi.

Dude, if this is true, you got a case. S.O.B.s

The greedy get greedier.

I hate that I cannot get a hold of Slum Goddess and she's leaving this Thursday!! :blink:

Hopefully Slum'll check in.

They did the same thing with Pepsi, WF. I found a place in Glendale where I can buy some cases of the real thing :)

They did the same thing with Pepsi, Slum. I found a place in Glendale where I can buy some cases of the real thing :)

You were talking to Warflower....

But anyway, my wife is a Pepsi addict...can you supply a link to this nefarious activity that I can forward to her computer?

You were talking to Warflower....

But anyway, my wife is a Pepsi addict...can you supply a link to this nefarious activity that I can forward to her computer?

Here are two...Source 1 and Source 2. BTW, the crap is in Gatorade, too

Good to know Dude...thank you! :thumbsup:

So how can the supermarket possibly sell a pair of these synthetic cream-filled pseudocakes for less than a bunch of roots?

For the answer, you need look no farther than the farm bill. This resolutely unglamorous and head-hurtingly complicated piece of legislation, which comes around roughly every five years and is about to do so again, sets the rules for the American food system — indeed, to a considerable extent, for the world’s food system. Among other things, it determines which crops will be subsidized and which will not, and in the case of the carrot and the Twinkie, the farm bill as currently written offers a lot more support to the cake than to the root. Like most processed foods, the Twinkie is basically a clever arrangement of carbohydrates and fats teased out of corn, soybeans and wheat — three of the five commodity crops that the farm bill supports, to the tune of some $25 billion a year. (Rice and cotton are the others.) For the last several decades — indeed, for about as long as the American waistline has been ballooning — U.S. agricultural policy has been designed in such a way as to promote the overproduction of these five commodities, especially corn and soy.

That’s because the current farm bill helps commodity farmers by cutting them a check based on how many bushels they can grow, rather than, say, by supporting prices and limiting production, as farm bills once did. The result? A food system awash in added sugars (derived from corn) and added fats (derived mainly from soy), as well as dirt-cheap meat and milk (derived from both). By comparison, the farm bill does almost nothing to support farmers growing fresh produce. A result of these policy choices is on stark display in your supermarket, where the real price of fruits and vegetables between 1985 and 2000 increased by nearly 40 percent while the real price of soft drinks (a k a liquid corn) declined by 23 percent. The reason the least healthful calories in the supermarket are the cheapest is that those are the ones the farm bill encourages farmers to grow.

A public-health researcher from Mars might legitimately wonder why a nation faced with what its surgeon general has called “an epidemic” of obesity would at the same time be in the business of subsidizing the production of high-fructose corn syrup. But such is the perversity of the farm bill: the nation’s agricultural policies operate at cross-purposes with its public-health objectives

You always know how to cheer me up Dude... :glare:

Seriously, how friggin' depressing is this...?

Hey, we won't have to worry about this if we lose the bumblebee. I heard that the bumblebee's numbers are declining and that if they become instinct ... so do we. :mellow:

I went through that this week with Time Warner...my God...I'd rather go to the dentist and I'm not kidding...

arrrrrr

Today I hate that Slum Goddess has still not posted to say how great it was to meet me and how much fun she had ... I swear I didn't tell ANYONE about Wayne...!!!!! :lol:

Today I hate that Slum Goddess has still not posted to say how great it was to meet me and how much fun she had ... I swear I didn't tell ANYONE about Wayne...!!!!! :lol:

i'm sorry, WF. i was here briefly the other day and suddenly had to run out to GP's. hanging out w/you last wednesday night was one of the only high (and i do mean high) points of the horror of my trip back, as you unfortunately witnessed. GAH! 'the song remains the same....

i'm gonna mail Wayne as soon as i feel like myself more. for some reason, i've lost interest in doing anything (including posting to my own site and talking to Mark) and today i have 101,3 (38,5C) temp but can't see GP until tomorrow when i need to see him ASAP. so today i hate all that as well.

thank you, WF. i hate to be vague but i'll explain more in mail and not in public yet.

• 3 weeks later...

today i hate the master of the new Alabama 3 album. it's all wrong. and so, i hate everything about it, everyone who took part in it, including myself (on what was once known as KKK but is now called 'the klan').

i hate this so much, i won't be going to any of the festies this summer (and there are lots of them) and won't be around for the september tour. just waiting for Mark to call so i can tell him (hate him too). :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

today i hate (and am totally gutted by) the fact that Chris rang this morning to tell me he's seriously considering quitting yahoo. he's head of the developer group (and just got a pretty nice rise) but finds himself doing more managerial stuff than he ever thought --- he knows they know he's good at that but boy, are they gonna be surprised if he puts in his notice. he's just waiting for Rockness to be over (where, supposedly, he'll think about it more); already told his 'boss' (colleague and best friend there) and the dude's like totally amazed, as i am. :o

i just want him to be happy (even though, if he quits, we'll both have like 30 days or whatever to get outta town). he said that if/when he puts his notice in, it won't take effect for another few months. i'm hoping that he spills to the 20 or so of our friends who'll be at Loch Ness (Rockness festie) w/him this weekend, all going just to see Alabama on saturday night plus a few more acts and that's about it. i'm all 'we were together the entire weekend and we talk every night --- WHAT THE FUCK KEPT YOU FROM TELLING ME THIS?'

he told me he didn't want to worry me (more). i went 'what, you're gonna go back to the States now?' and he sed something like 'over my dead body, as long as that dickwad and the rest of the cheney-felchers are still in DC'

i'm all 'well, whatever you decide, i'm behind you 100%' and he goes 'i know and i appreciate it especially after all we've been through together including after we broke up'.

we'll see an' all. i think i'm still in shock over here...'still waters run deep'. :(