Get struck by train, sue the railroad

Wolfie

Woman struck by train sues railroad

By Matthew Junker

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Friday, November 5, 2004

A Jeannette woman who was slightly injured after being struck by a train while walking along railroad tracks sued Norfolk Southern Corp. Thursday for failing to warn pedestrians that trains travel on tracks.

Patricia M. Frankhouser, of 910 Scott Ave., is seeking an unspecified amount in excess of $30,000 from the Norfolk, Va., rail transport company for the Jan. 6 incident that left her with a broken finger, cuts on her hand and pain, according to the suit.

Greensburg attorney Harry F. Smail Jr., who represents Frankhouser, didn't return a call seeking comment.

Within the filing, he argues that the railroad was negligent for failing to post signs warning "of the dangers of walking near train tracks and that the tracks were actively in use."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_269598.html

and they wonder why the entire world laughs at US. fuck, i'm laughing at both the train company and the idiot woman (who obviously never read 'the little engine that could') i hope she fucking loses.

all lawsuits, all the time--it's the amerikan way. :lol:

failing to warn pedestrians that trains travel on tracks

This shouldn't be allowed in a court room

slum_goddess, you seem to have an unnatural loathing for anything "American", and you seem to view it as one whole entity. You're being ridiculous. Stop lumping things together.

:lol: at ken cause just like when you jumped my shit on the music i dig. this is MY opinion and MY opinion only. if what i say here bothers you so much, why don't you skip over my posts cause guess what? i'll continue posting MY OPINION. :lol:

oh and thank you for this--i'm gonna post this on my site cause everyone who knows me is gonna get as big a laugh reading it as i am. :lol:

as larry flynt (one of my heroes and in MY OPINION, a true amerikan) said: 'opinions are like assholes--everybody has one.' :lol:

Opinions are the spice of life! My own is that there are as many great things about this country, too - popular culture being my mainstay and livlihood - and that is the AmeriCa I know, with a capital C

i thought that we were all living in a climate of individual responsibility, accountability for our actions, transparency, accountability for our individual actions, individual responsibility, accountability for our individual actions, blah, blah, blah...did i mention accountability for our individual actions.... i`m not sure but i think that walking on a train track when trains are running on it may well be covered by the above....above all else...personal responsibility for our individual actions...and then trainloads of litigation..no, not truckloads you fool..you`re on the wrong track!!! i said trainloads!!!!!! :read this:

accountability, kiwibank? where to begin? :lol:

mmmmphr mmmmmphr! (trying not to go off-topic and onto bush/politics) :lol:

rainbowdemon, thank you for that photo; i love photos that show perspective lines and vanishing points, dunno why but i do

At first: I do not wish to offend Ken or anyone, but it is true that the American way of claiming for damage makes the whole world laugh.

I once even heard a story that a microwave-manufacturor was sued, because he did not inform the user that you can not dry your pets in it.... Probably that is just a joke, but even then it proofs that things are running out of proportions, at your side of the ocean...

On the other hand, in my country it is not right either.

Once a neighbour got hemself killed by a car & train accident, one train had passed and he did not notice the seccond one...

The traincompany charged the widdow for the damage to the train and for the delay........

Of course this is a matter for the insurance, but it is very hard to get a (300.000 old guilders) bill, when your husband just died!

that'e the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Worst than the microwave or McDonalds story. Even the tobacco stories

method, one of the dumbest things i ever heard was from my brit friends last year, while we were in germany: david blunkett (a high-up asshole in gov here) wants to make prisoners who are unjustly accused, pay for their room and board while they were in the prisons here.

is that stupid or what? they're innocent, yet some think they should pay for the privilege of their jail time. morons!

Heh.  Heh hehhehheh.  You said "loads."

:lol:

rainbowdemon: 'That makes me feel good. I took that picture myself.'

now i dig it even more. is there a place on the 'net where you have your other photos? I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY but like so many art-y things i dig, i suck at it.

I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY but like so many art-y things i dig, i suck at it.

I remember one of the Carlos Casteneda books suggesting that we should all spend a day taking pictures of things with a camera that we know has no film in it...

You can try it and see if it works :lol:

I remember one of the Carlos Casteneda books suggesting that we should all spend a day taking pictures of things with a camera that we know has no film in it...

You can try it and see if it works :lol:

Worse yet is to take pictures all day and realize there is no film :lol:

rainbowdemon, i can't get the zeropaid attachment thingy to open. :(

it's a link to a thread there

yes i know that. grrrrr. hee hee. but yesterday i couldn't get the icon thingy on the other thread to show me what i just saw: a gorgeous photo of a flower. (that's beautiful, rainbowdemon).