Cat Stevens Wins Peace Prize

Okay, after reading all the posts I have pretty much forgotten what started this thread.....lol.

Anyways, after having served a 4 year term in politics myself (albeit small town politics) does it really matter whether a person is Republican, Democrat or whatever party he/she chooses? Politics is politics, dirty behind closed doors games that power hungry adults play. It will never ever matter who the President of the United States is, we as a nation are never going to agree with his/her views, ideals or morals. Does it matter really? Small town politics, doesn't matter what the Mayor thinks, it's up to City Council to vote yes by majority and pass it or vote no and shoot it down......same goes on the State and the Government level. The best thing for us, the common civilians is to get along with each other, do our thing and express ourselves as we see fit. FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF PRESS.

Redneck, Umma, Ken, kooperman, Rainbowdemon, myself and many others here have our own beliefs and values to which we all hold dear to our hearts. I enjoy coming here for the humor, the friendship and reading what others type on the boards. I feel when someone expresses their opinions it's a great way to really get to know that person, know what they think, know how he/she feels about all the things that are going on in our world. Some of us believe in God and some of us don't, I think it's great that we can all make our own choices and share our beliefs with one another. As far as Cat Stevens goes he made his choice, he elected to leave this country, no one asked him to leave or forced him to leave. He chose to believe in the Muslim faith and that's his choice........I never have really followed his life so I don't really know what he has done to recieve the Peace Prize, obviously someone felt he has done something good for the world. I think Ben Franklin was really onto something when he said "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall hang separately." So let's all hang together and and have a wonderful time here at BeatKing, the greatest forums on the WWW.

And remember kids, stay in school.

Drugs are bad, MmKay.

No, really. That sounded like an "after-school special" with nothing special or insightful to offer (I'm sorry to say).

Here, this would have been easier....

-Politics is bad and will never change

-Remember your rights

-To each his own but let's all stick together

-I don't have an opinion on Cat Stevens or his winning of the Peace Prize (the mythical point of the thread that has eluded you, even though it now appears in your browser’s title bar)

You see, I think it's a poor decision to be contented with the "status quo". Politics is not just a part time affair; it represents the very basic "order" of our existence. It makes or breaks us. Sometimes, this means we DONT respect everyone's position (even if we recognize the right of its existence).

What this means is I will continue to question positions I don’t agree with (ranging from disagreement to foaming-at-the-mouth) and will not "play nice and forget it", even for a moment.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a matter of fact, generalizations are near the top of my list of things that annoy me.

Actually, your message could be taken as an "US" and "THEM" attitude.

it's really too bad (for you AFAIC) that generalisations annoy you but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. because i'm gonna keep on generalising and if you don't like it, like i told you the last time you jumped my shit (3X already) i will continue posting my opinion.

What this means is I will continue to question positions I don’t agree with (ranging from disagreement to foaming-at-the-mouth) and will not "play nice and forget it", even for a moment.

question away if it makes you feel any better. but don't you think your time and efforts would be better served on a more political board?

one of the few things i've ever agreed w/out of your statements is your 'will not play nice and forget it' something i wish the democrats had done 4 years ago. :lol:

Redneck I apologise for tearing your head off earlier in this thread. While the main jist of what I said in that post applies, I deeply regret the way it came out. If something bothers me... I generally try to take it to the person involved first, rather than the rest of the world, but attacking someone personally really isn't something I do a lot of, so please try to understand the frustration I was feeling at the time of posting. I really am sorry it came out the way it did.

I know you're a good guy. ;)

Redneck I apologise for tearing your head off earlier in this thread. While the main jist of what I said in that post applies, I deeply regret the way it came out. If something bothers me... I generally try to take it to the person involved first, rather than the rest of the world, but attacking someone personally really isn't something I do a lot of, so please try to understand the frustration I was feeling at the time of posting. I really am sorry it came out the way it did.

Welcome home Umma. But don't stretch reality too much....Redneck a good guy.....? He's a Redneck....for sure!

Umma, all's well that ends well. You and the rest of the bunch here are the best!! 4sure.....hands down.....the best!!!! I disagree with lots of opinions on these boards so I know I am a target. I NEVER intend to offend anyone but when you are a narrow-minded redneck it frequently happens. All of my posts are for entertainment purposes only, do not reflect the opinions of real people, are not to be taken seriously, and are not to be tried at home without adult supervision.

This is the BEST site. I would like to apologize again to any and all I have offended in the past and apologize in advance to those I will probably piss off in the future. It is never my intention to offend.

Koop is right. Nice guy?? What the Hell is that all about? Even my dog ran away from home. I paid $10 for that damn dog at the pound too. No gratitude. I rescued the dog from jail and that is the thanks I get. :lol:

come on Redneck, you're a decent sort, afterall you rescued that pooch from the pound :bigsmile: and then he ran away :blink::blink::blink:

The bad part about it was that the dog ran straight back to the pound....liked the ambiance there better than inside the Redneck house trailer.

The bad part about it was that the dog ran straight back to the pound....liked the ambiance there better than inside the Redneck house trailer.

No she didn't. I looked there first! I figgered that was where she went but the sneaky fleamale fooled me and made a clean get-away! :D

This is the BEST site.  I would like to apologize again to any and all I have offended in the past and apologize in advance to those I will probably piss off in the future.  It is never my intention to offend.

although i don't agree w/you politically or on a lot of other things (guns and travelling come to mind first and i do know that being in the US, travelling's very difficult to do w/o a damn good rea$on to leave the country), i always thought your statements were intended to be at least partially humorous and that's the way i took them (in other words, i hate a lot of your views but the manner in which you stated them didn't lower my estimation of you by even half a notch). :wub:

and yeah, this is the best site, made so by the VERY friendly people here (for the most part). a very warm welcome back to Umma and Redneck. :)

Thanks.  Of course when you're opinion of me is at the bottom of the scale it is difficult to go another half notch lower. :lol:

YAY! it's biz as usual cause when i saw this as a beatking reply mail this morning, i spit coffee ALL the fuck over the 'board. pet man's going 'what? what?' and i'm all 'you wouldn't understand...' :lol:

my memory sucks so bad, i'm reading this topic just now and thinking 'i said that?' and looked at the date and it's like yesterday...i know, i know... :( imagine my friends' frustration w/me when i can't remember shit! SHIT, i tell you! yes, i know, i'm old, i suck and um...

*scrolls* oh right, cat stevens/yusef islam or whatever. before my ex-best girlfriend patti d'arbanville got famous/went to hollywood, she dropped mick jagger to go out w/him. :nope:

back on topic? you be the judge. :lol: (i remember shit from ages ago like it was yesterday but about things that happened yesterday i'm always WTF?)

(i remember shit from ages ago like it was yesterday but about things that happened yesterday i'm always WTF?)

Me too. It is a blessing in some ways. I don't need to buy movies anymore. I can watch the same ones over and over every few weeks. Sometimes I am half way through the movie before I remember ever seeing it before and still can't remember what happens next. :blink:

:wub: Can ya feel the love in everyone's post? :yup:

I'm so impressed by you people...

Edited by Warflower

I hope to hell we don't have a group hug....Rednecks are notorious pickpockets.

That's why we keep our wallets on a chain. :bigsmile:

Warflower, Umma is a class act. I am too without the cl in class. When reading my posts it is required that you say out loud, "He is an idiot and not to be taken seriously." :)

Edited by Redneck4sure

It is a blessing in some ways.  I don't need to buy movies anymore.  I can watch the same ones over and over every few weeks. 

:lol: i know! but rednecks are not the only type who keep wallets on a chain--i do, i've got my harley davidson wallet hanging off my belt and in my back pocket (the chain is sooo cool). :)

:lol: in your dreams, buddy. :lol: