Well the weather outside is frightful

Shawn

Second day of snowfall now. First business day though. The wee six inches we have receivced in the last 48 hours means it took me 40 minutes to drive the 5 minutes to school.

I've never even seen the traffic that bad before. Everyone was driving like their lives and cars were too precious to warrant speeding just to please me. :lol:

north

post-59-1098111986.jpg

So glad I don't live any farther north than I already do. There was a possibility of snow all weekend, but none fell. Instead there was sleet! Sleet is fun to drive in! Especially in the dark on a road with no lights!

Welcome, winter. It's not even Halloween yet.

Shawn, does it usually snow before Halloween there? I remember one year, 1991 I think, there was a blizzard on Halloween.

There is always snow before Halloween.

In 1966, the year my brother was born, it snowed in June. The year my wife and I married it snowed it September. Both of those cases it didn't stay, but by this late in the year the snow typically stays.

Sounds like loads of fun. Hopefully, GA won't get any this year.

There is always snow before Halloween.

In 1966, the year my brother was born, it snowed in June. The year my wife and I married it snowed it September. Both of those cases it didn't stay, but by this late in the year the snow typically stays.

Yuck.

weather`s bad in new zealand at the moment ....lots of flooding and rain and wind related damage...but i have joyous news to report...as a result of the rain fucking the local dialup service i have come to terms with the fact that it`s too slow and am now waiting for the "jetstream" technician to call and will be on " Jetstream " broadband with no data cap by friday.........oh yeah.....now, where were those large media files again???....

Edited by kiwibank

92F or 33C here today. No snow in the forecast in the next 5 days. :lol:

btw kiwiband, broadband is the greatest invention since the shirt pocket.

cheers mate...i`m looking forward to it...i`ll be harder to move from my pc this weekend than a liberal at an anti-gun rally...... :rolleyes:

You need your lights on to get the warp drive effect.

:lol: i used to love smoking weed and driving (slowly) in sleet and other bad weather. (yes, i know!)

Shawn, those photos are beautiful, haven't seen much snow in the last 3 years apart from like a light dusting in germany in dezember and my friends told me it never really gets cold enough for snow to stick well in england (can that be true?). right now it's 9C/48F and kinda drizzly (no big shock there). :lol: