Aussie star Bana chosen as next James Bond

NEWJAMESBOND.jpgAussie star Bana chosen as next James Bond

Australian actor Eric Bana, star of films including "The Hulk" and "Troy", is the surprise new choice to take over as James Bond, a report said.

The beefy 35-year-old had beaten off competition from British actors such as Jude Law and Ewan McGregor to take over the role of the super-spy in the long-running series of films, the News of the World said.

Current Bond, Irish actor Pierce Brosnan, has stepped down after four films following a row with producers, the Sunday tabloid title said.

Bana was still negotiating with the series producers but they were hopeful he would take over for the 21st title in the series, due to begin filming later this year, the paper cited an unnamed "insider" as saying.

"Eric is the guy they want but he has a reputation for being demanding. They want to modernize Bond and turn him into a youthful, suave and modern hero to compete with the likes of Spiderman and Keanu (Reeves) in the Matrix," the source said.

Keep reading...

Links Fixed

--Ken

Edited by method77

Believe me, The Hulk movie is not a highlight of anybody's resume....

No doubt. That's the sole movie I've seen of this guy's, so I'm less than excited about losing Brosnan to gain him.

my fav is still Sean Connery, but an aged James Bond, I just can't get into that :lol: Brosnan was really my 2nd pic but Bana is really a nice thing to look at :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

oh yeah, I love Orlando Bloom but he doesn't fit the James Bond thing

Edited by moonglow

He's a lot better in Troy...TRUST ME

The hulk was the biggest piece of living shit I ever saw

I was also shocked at the orlando bloom one...also the hugh grant and hugh jackman....

ahahahaha "oh, i'm terribly sorry...I need a martini and a BJ"

So is it safe to assume that, regardless of the chosen actor, James Bond (movies) is (/are) a favorite here at BeatKing?  :read this:

:bigsmile: for me, yes :bigsmile: