It's been too long!

Shawn

What do they have in common?

Rules:

First player posts 3 things that have some connection. Connection has to be more substantial that Cliff Claven's "What is 3 guys who have never been in my kitchen?". It can be a series of pictures, words, places, people, etc. There is no way to know if you googled it, but the guilt will crush you.

When somebody gets it right, they post the next 3.

Easy right? Here goes

This is a picture relationship. These three guys:

Conan O'Brien's bandleader - Max Weinberg

Famed saxophone player and newly married man - Clarence Clemons

Right hand man to the Don on Sopranos - Silvio Dante, Played by Steven Van Zandt

post-100-1086752002.jpg

They have never been in my kitchen.

hmm, anyone else?

That's not to say it isn't true, but it isn't the connection between them. The connection between Rod Stewart, Sting and Bryan Adams isn't that they're singers, they made "All for Love" together.

edit - Small hint.

post-100-1086756635.jpg

Well... if you wanted the answer... it was all too easy. Only like a minute:

Jersey Boy Bruce first tried in the early '70s to join the throngs of folk singer/songwriters in New York; failing at this, he returned to Asbury Park, N.J., where he played with various groups, finally hooking up with the E Street Band, which already had a considerable local following. The legendary band — sax player Clarence Clemons, guitarist Steve Van Zandt (who was later to become Silvio Dante of "The Sopranos"), keyboardist Danny Federici, pianist Roy Bittan, bassist Garry Tallent and drummer Max Weinberg (later the bandleader of "Late Night With Conan O'Brien").

http://www2.koit.com/spring/artist_bio_detail.cfm?id=90

They were all members of the E-Street band!

Edited by wingnut2600

I sense a me sucking at this game too... but I'll be following it with avid interest in the hope that I might learn something diverse and interesting. Is it my imagination or has it stalled? Who's turn is it? Wingnut? WINGNUT???

(ASU... we can cheat on google... nobody will ever know;) )

/me waits for wingnuts big three

As it would appear he wasn't interested enough to check back, I'll suggest another one.

Mimi Rogers

Nicole Kidman

Penelope Cruz

Each of the three personalities I mentioned are or were talk show hosts and they all wanted the same thing

Shall I give the answer? Ok, each of the above served as backup hosts to Johnny Carson of The Tonite Show, and each were thought to be likely successors, and coveted the gig. Johnny didnt retire in time for Joey Bishop to ever have a shot so he did his own show on ABC. Joan Rivers fell out of the good graces of Mr. Carson by having her own competing show. And David Letterman lost out in a bitter contest to Jay Leno..

Sorry for not posting earlier. I have been a bit busy and anything that has come to mind has seemed far too easy. Then I realized, this game is only fun if people can guess the answer. So, here I go:

Larry David

Jason Alexander

Zero Mostel

Go at it you crazy cats!

Sorry for not posting earlier. I have been a bit busy and anything that has come to mind has seemed far too easy. Then I realized, this game is only fun if people can guess the answer. So, here I go:

Larry David

Jason Alexander

Zero Mostel

Go at it you crazy cats!

Seinfeld

Larry David

Jason Alexander

Zero Mostel

Go at it you crazy cats!

Seinfeld

WRONG!!!

It just seems like it is right, but no!

Try again! I suggest that you look deeper at something that all three share!

I think that last one was right - so I'll take the liberty of adding the next one:

Up

Strange

Charm

Wel... this could be a few things:

1) three of the six types of quarks

2)or a performance by Robert HP Platz

both are correct, I will go with the former though, since the latter more than likely is derived from the first.

Larry David

Jason Alexander

Zero Mostel

Go at it you crazy cats!

Seinfeld

WRONG!!!

It just seems like it is right, but no!

Try again! I suggest that you look deeper at something that all three share!

The Producers