What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Def Starr is a trio of electronic/indie artists from Australia.

The Monarchy – Gold In The Fire (Def Starr remix)

The Monarchy are an alternative rock band from Quebec, Canada. Here is Def Starr's remix:

You can find this cut over at Hot Biscuits along with another version.

Phoenix - Fences (Def Starr Remix)

Def Starr's remix was at one point the most popular song at The Hype Machine. The original song appears on the French band's latest album, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix.

You can d/l it over at Broken Silence along with a number of other great contemporary remixes B)

Susan Boyle - I Dreamed A Dream (2009)

Her debut album is to be released in the next couple of days. I wish "Amazing Grace" had been the complete version which is several minutes long instead of the abbreviated 3 minute version that is so common. All in all, I like the cd. If your opinion differs......I don't want to hear it. :lol:

post-269-1258836963_thumb.jpg

post-269-1258836977_thumb.jpg

Joni Mitchell - Court And Spark (1974)

I have several copies of this album including a DCC 24KT Gold remaster and a Nautilus SuperDiscs Audiophile LP vinyl rip. This is a great album.

1. Court And Spark

2. Help Me

3. Free Man In Paris

4. People's Parties

5. The Same Situation

6. Car On A Hill

7. Down To You

8. Just Like This Train

9. Raised On Robbery

10. Trouble Child

11. Twisted

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

post-269-1258849796_thumb.jpg

post-269-1258849825_thumb.jpg

The Dawn Piano Fantasia

Coldplay has set up an Exhibition Room where fans can display their talents. This piano piece was submitted by Dolores Roque, who is from Argentina.

Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing / Viva La Vida (Live @ Palladium Köln)

Speaking of Coldplay, the Pet Shop Boys have been covering Viva La Vida during their concert tour and will be releasing the song on an ep for Xmas

Bonus:

Love, Etc (Gui Boratto Remix)

Here is the Brazilian electronic maestro's version

Love, Etc (original cut from their latest album)

If you know German, you can read the lyrics B)

Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Piano Version)

You can find this song on the Canadian electronic producer's 2008 album, Random Album Title ... or check it out along with some other mixes over at Ilictronix B)

Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone (Fred Falke Remix)

Fred Falke is an electronic producer from France. The original song appears on the Swedish sensation Lykke Li's first album, Youth Novels, which was produced by Kleerup.

Goddamn Electric Bill – “Ten Thousand Years”

GDEB, the San Diego electronic/ambient artist, has just released this video. You can find the song on his latest album, Topics For Gossip.

Goddamn Electric Bill - Ten Thousand Years from Goddamn Electric Bill on Vimeo.

The Beatles - Dehradun Dehradun

This song was recorded in India in 1968 during the White Album period but as far as I know was never released.

Utah Saints - Something Good (High Contrast Remix)

The Utah Saints are an electronic dance act from the UK. This remix was released in 2008. You can find it over at Fried My Little Brain

Shane Tutmarc & The Traveling Mercies - Hey Lazarus!

Shane Tutmarc & The Travelling Mercies are a rock band from Seattle. I found the following cut over at KEXP's Song of the Day - subscribe and get hundreds of songs dating back to 2007 B)

Reminds me of the Stone's song, which I posted recently

Miike Snow - Burial (DJ Mehdi Remix)

Miike Snow are a Swedish indie rock band. This cut is from their first self-titled album. DJ Mehdi is an electronic producer from Paris.

You can download the cut for free - click the link at Youtube. You can check out more Miike Snow remixes over at Rcrd Lbl and DeathElectro B)

Here is the original:

The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize

"Hypnotize" was released as the first single from the album Life After Death in April of 1997 ... one month after his life was cut short by an assassin. The rhythm track of "Hypnotize" is based upon a sample of "Rise", a Herb Alpert instrumental which was released in 1979.

Herb Albert - Rise

Los Campesinos - The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future

Los Campesinos is an indie band from Cardiff, Wales UK. This song is from their upcoming album, Romance Is Boring. You can find it along with a mini-review over at Stereogum

The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future from Los Campesinos! on Vimeo.

The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses (2009)

The Rolling Stone have re-recorded their classic song on the heels of Susan Boyle's cover.

I was at the Viper Room tonight in LA on Sunset Blvd to see David George (of the Culture Killers)'s solo act - reminded me of Van Morrison. I will post something from his new band when it becomes available.

In the meantime, here is the track list that was playing at the club before he came on stage:

Jr. Walker and the All Stars - Shotgun

James Brown - Sex Machine

Kool & The Gang - Hollywood's Swinging

E6E6E6
101010L5iu8BTKqO

Hollywood Swinging - Kool and The Gang

Jonsi - Boy Lilikoi

This is the latest single from Jonsi of Sigur Ros from his upcoming solo album, which was produced by classical/pop wunderkind Nico Muhly. You can get the mp3 by signing up at his WEBSITE