What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Beach House - Norway

This is the latest single from the Baltimore indie duo. It will appear on their new album, Teen Dream, which is out in January. Check it out over at Mixxed Tapes

Vampire Weekend - California English, Part 2

Vampire Weekend's next album, Contra, is due out in early January 2010. The following song won't appear on it - it's being released as the B-side to Cousins, which will.

Cousins

Horchata

And in case you weren't paying attention, here is another cut from the album, which your check out over at STEREOGUM

Wifey wanted to hear some Christmas tunes.

Here is one of the best collections ever.

A Christmas Present For You From Phil Spector (1963)

post-269-1260127253_thumb.jpg

post-269-1260127291_thumb.jpg

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

More Phil Spector produced Christmas.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Doveman - The Best Thing (with Matt Berninger of the National)

This cut is from his latest album, The Conformist, which was released in October via Brassland.

E6E6E6
101010P3n9kjH0lV

The Best Thing - Doveman

Today was good day for pirates. I saw a flac copy of the Phil Spector - Back To Mono (1958-1969) boxset. 3cds plus A Christmas Gift For You that I mentioned above. It was nice to see a better copy than mp3. I started to download it but I felt that wouldn't be right. Then I remembered it was a 1991 release and may have been issued in Canada. After reading Kiwi's article about the $60 billion lawsuit against the record companies, I realized that they most likely pirated the music themselves since they probably didn't pay royalties. I just couldn't feel right about buying pirated music from a bunch of hypocrites. So I put the file on the "copyright pending" list and I may pay for it in a few decades. If that's the way they do business, then it must be the right thing to do.

It is a great boxset.

post-269-1260422336_thumb.jpg

Love Is The Song We Sing- San Francisco Nuggets 1965-1970 (2007)

4cd set of mostly rare garage tracks. I have been looking for this since it's release 2 years ago. I'm still hoping to find a lossless copy but I'm glad to find this mp3 copy to hold me over until I do. :)

The scan is good quality. You can click on the rear cover scan and enlarge to see the tracklist and artist.

post-269-1260692305_thumb.jpg

post-269-1260692334_thumb.jpg

Tycho - The Daydream

Tycho is a SF based electronic artist. Makes great Tshirts, too. Daydream is one of the best recorded songs of 2007, or any year B)

Toro Y Moi - Blessa

Toro Y Moi is an experimental pop band from Columbia, South Carolina. This song was recently released as a single. The LP, Causers of This is due out in February, 2010.

You can find some samples of Toro Y Moi's work right HERE

Talamak

Human Nature (Michael Jackson cover)

Deadmau5 - Strobe

This ambient cut is from the Canadian electronic artist's album, For Lack Of A Better Name, which was released in August.

Yeasayer - Madder Red

Not sure when this was leaked ... but this is the lead cut from their upcoming album, Odd Blood. You can check out another cut from the album, Ambling Alp, over at the Brooklyn band's MySpace blog

Here is a wobbly live version from the summer;

Sade - Soldier of Love

This is the title track from Sade's upcoming album, which is due out in February ... and her first video in a decade

K-os - Zamboni

K-os is a is a Canadian hip hop singer, songwriter and record producer. This cut is from the album, Yes!!, which was released earlier in the year.

Califone - 1928

Califone is an experiment blues and folk band from Chicago. You can find this cut on the album, All My Friends Are Funeral Singers

Sorry about the visual quality, but the sound is good on the following video :)

You can check out the title track over at Stereogum

• 2 weeks later...
Love Is The Song We Sing- San Francisco Nuggets 1965-1970 (2007)

4cd set of mostly rare garage tracks. I have been looking for this since it's release 2 years ago. I'm still hoping to find a lossless copy but I'm glad to find this mp3 copy to hold me over until I do. :)

The scan is good quality. You can click on the rear cover scan and enlarge to see the tracklist and artist.

Well, I recently found that lossless copy I mentioned before. It took 2 years to find a mp3 copy then a flac copy falls out of cyberspace right in my lap. Gotta love it!! At the same time a lossless copy of Where The Action Is!- Los Angeles Nuggets 1965-1968 (2009) 4cd set also came along.

Thanks Mike!!

post-269-1261981219_thumb.jpg

post-269-1261981242_thumb.jpg