What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Mayer Hawthorne is an R & B singer from LA via Detroit. ClassicXXs Green Eyed Love has been on my instant replay all week, so I thought I would check out some his other work from his latest album, A Stranger Arrangement.

Just Ain't Gonna Work Out

Maybe So Maybe No

Lusine - Two Dots

Lusine is an electronic producer from Seattle. I posted this before - but heard it again on KCRW this morning. The video is by Britta Johnson, who has worked with Andrew Bird, etc

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Skeletons (2009)

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are an indie band from New York City. This cut is from the album, It's A Blitz, which was released earlier in the year.

Frightened Rabbit- Swim Until You Can't See Land

Frightened Rabbit is an indie/folk quartet from Scotland. This song is the band's new single, which is due out November 16th from Fat Cat Records. Thanks to Stereogum for the heads up.

Zero 7 - Everything Up (Zizou) (Mock n Toof Remix)

This cut appears on Zero7' s latest album, Yeah Ghost. Mock & Toof are electronic producers from the UK. You can download the tune right HERE

Here is the original song:

8 Bit Operators - Tomorrow Never Knows MegaMix

8 Bit Operators creates their music from 8-Bit Video Game Systems. This song is a cover of the Beatle's song from Revolver, and was produced by Produced by Bacalao, Burnkit2600, glomag, Herbert Weixelbaum, Neotericz with Naku, Psilodump, Receptors, and Shrimps with Robert J. Smith.

You can check it out and more ... right HERE. Thanx to Reddit for the score.

post-9-1255741242_thumb.jpg

Moscow Olympics - Second Trace

Moscow Olympics is an indie/shoegaze band from the Philippines. This song is from their sensational debut album, Cut The World, which was released last year ... and is SOLD OUT!

The Glass (Nadastrom Remix) - Wanna Be Dancing

The Glass is an electronic duo from New York and Berlin. Nadastrom is a dj/producer from Washington, DC. You can download the original cut at Rcrd Lbl

The Wooden Birds - Sugar

The Wooden Birds are an indie band from Austin, Texas. This song is from the new album, Magnolia, which was released earlier in the year.

E6E6E6
101010wn35Ip4quB

Sugar - The Wooden Birds

Underworld - Banstyle/Sappys Curry

Underworld is an English electronic pop group comprised of Karl Hyde and Rick Smith.

This cut is from their 1996 album, Second Toughest in the Infants.

Born Slippy Nuxx

This cut appears on the soundtrack of Trainspotting.

Underworld - Born Slippy Nuxx

Underworld | MySpace Music Videos

I Like Where I Live - At Sea With The Microcat

I Like Where I Live is an electro-pop band from Glasgow, Scotland. This cut is from their new ep, Coordinates, which was released in June.

Andrés - Sing About It (feat. Tracy Vox & KDJ)

This cut was produced by Don Kenny Dixon. Jr., who runs the house label Mahogani Music out of Detroit. You can find it in the excellent Motel de Moka mix, Surface Euphoria, right HERE

LCD Soundsystem - Bye Bye Bayou (2009)

“Bye Bye Bayou” is a cover of Suicides Alan Vega's 1982 track. The single will be released November 24th on DFA Records. LCD Soundsystem's next album is due out March, 2010. You can check out the single over at 1:30 BPM or download the song courtesy of the band

post-9-1255808266_thumb.jpg

TrusMe

TrusMe is a DJ from the UK. He fuses classic tracks into new ones. The vocal in the following sample is Marvin Gaye. You can find this at Motel de Moka - check out the soul mix while you are at it.

War

War Dub

Working Nights/At The Disco

Younger Brother - Happy Pills (2007)

Younger Brother is the UK electronic project ot Simon Posford and Benji Vaughan. This chill tune appears on their album, Last Days of Gravity. Thanks to Paneer@Reddit for the recommend.

Rolling Stones - Some Girls (1978)

Incredible vinyl rip of the Holland pressing of this album in redbook standard flac. :thumbsup:

1 Miss You

2 When The Whip Comes Down

3 Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)

4 Some Girls

5 Lies

6 Far Away Eyes

7 Respectable

8 Before They Make Me Run

9 Beast Of Burden

10 Shattered

Ulrich Schnauss - Blumenwiese Neben Autobahn

This cut is from the German electronic producer's 2005 album, Far Away Trains Passing By.

As If You've Never Been Away

This song is from the 2004, A Strangely Isolated Place

E6E6E6
101010iwztV9a5VV

As If Youve Never Been Away - Ulrich Schnauss

Art School Confidential - Paper Dolls

Dan Blackwell is a 19 year old minimalist/folk artist from Ohio. He hit me up at MySpace and I think he has unique sound. Will be interesting to see how he develops ...

Listen HERE

011-1-1.jpg

That Ghost - Red Bow

That Ghost is the indie rock project of Ryan Schmale, who hails from Santa Rose, CA, and who plays all the instruments on his music. This cut appears on the digital EP, Get It and Get Out.

You can listen/download the tune at FADER

post-9-1255935143_thumb.jpg