What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Grum - Hearbeats

Grum is an electro pop band from the UK. Pretty catchy stuff. Learn more HERE

Grum - Heartbeats from Brian McBlade on Vimeo.

Their sound is similar to Mylo's:

Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody (Andre Anjos Remix)

Andre is one of the busiest re-mixers in the business. This version is my pick for best single of the year. You can download it courtesy of Rcrd Lbl

Here is the original song from the Kings of Leon's Only By The Night album. I was surprised to see Fox use it over the World Series end credits - which is why I'm reposting it.

Monsters of Folk - Detroit Rock City

Monsters of Folk is the new supergroup composed of Jim James, Conor Oberst, M. Ward, and Mike Mogis. On Halloween, the band dressed up as Kiss, and performed this song as a tribute B)

The Swell Season - Low Rising

The Swell Season is the musical collaboration between Glen Hansard (of the Frames) and Marketa Irglova. This is the new single from the duo's recently released album, "Strict Joy." They are currently touring with Doveman. You can download the song courtesy of KCRWs 'Today's Top Tune' .

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Higher Than the Stars (Saint Etienne Visits Lord Spank Mix)

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart are an indie band from Brooklyn. This remix is from their latest ep - Rob Kirwin, who has remixed The Editors and U2, did the honors. The video is kinda weird but i think you'll like the tune

You can download the track at Rcrd Lbl or Stereogum

post-9-1257403358_thumb.jpg

Cminor Dimitris Psarros - Kd (Remastered)

CMinor Dimitris Psarros is an electronic producer who splits his time between Florida and Greece. He had a short version of this downtemo cut over at Myspace and I requested a longer version, which he prepared just for us. Thanx, Cminor B)

Cminor Dimitris Psarros - Kd (2009 Remastered) by Cminor

You can listen to more of the artist's work HERE

Sufjan Stevens - Variation on Commemorative Transfiguration and Communion

@ Magruder Park

Here is a song that singer/songwriter Sufjan Stevens recorded a couple years ago.

An updated version appears on I Am The Resurrection: A Tribute To John Fahey - AllGoodNaysayers did a nice writeup on this collaborative project.

You can read more about Sufjan Stevens/Download his new version @ JPs Blog

post-9-1257482001_thumb.jpg

John Roman - Ready For This

John Roman is a dj and electronic producer who splits his time between Toronto and London. You can cop the tune at Gotta Dance Dirty - and if you like what you hear, you can check out their Interview with the man, too

Brad Walsh - Dont Want U2 Go (True Blue Remix)

Brad Walsh is an electro pop singer/songwriter/producer from Brooklyn. You can find the original song on his new album, Human Nature. True Blue (aka Josh Madden) is from NY City - his mix is currently the most popular song at the Hype Machine

You can learn more over at Arjan Writes

post-9-1257491129_thumb.jpg

Jaydiohead - Dirt Off Your Android

This Jay Z/Radiohead mashup is by NY-based DJ/Producer Max Tannone A.K.A Minty Fresh Beats. You can check out more samplings at The Music Ninja

post-9-1257491911_thumb.jpg

Yelle - "Ce Je" (The Twelves Remix)

The Twelves are an electronic duo from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In addition to this cut, which you can download over at Pasta Prima, check out their remixes of Daft Punk, Fever Ray, Metric, Beaches, etc, at the link above at Myspace.

Here is the original version by Yelle, who is a pop singer from France.

post-9-1257492827_thumb.jpg

The Beatles (?) - Over the Ocean

This has to be one of the oddest things I've ever come across. But it certainly sounds like The Beatles and I have never heard this song before and i know their collection really, really well.

The Mystery behind the song lies HERE - along with a whole NEW album of Beatles music ... at least it sounds like them B) If it isn't, it's a really great hoax

Edit/Added: The folks at Reddit have figured out the mystery. This a very good mashup of rare songs from The Beatles solo efforts.

post-9-1257500664_thumb.jpg

Norah Jones - The Fall (2009)

Her new album is to be released Nov. 17th. Pirate it before you can buy it. Whatever. I wouldn't have bothered with this but I knew the wifey would want it. I have to admit that I think she has more talent than lots of current popular artists.

Tracks:

01. Chasing Pirates

02. Even Though

03. Light As a Feather

04. Young Blood

05. I Wouldn't Need You

06. Waiting

07. It's Gonna Be

08. You've Ruined Me

09. Back to Manhattan

10. Stuck

11. December

12. Tell Yer Mama

13. Man of the Hour

post-269-1257705224_thumb.jpg

Kazufumi Miyazawa: Anjos Ilrmaos [Rainer Truby Trio Mix]

Miyazawa (宮沢和史)is the founder of the popular Japanese/Okinawan band Boom, known for their fusion of local folk with rock and pop sounds in the 1980s. This is Miyazawa’s fifth solo recording since leaving the band. He blends funk, folk and jazz from Africa, Brazil, and of course, Japan and Okinawa. - Last FM

Rainer Trueby is an electronic jazz producer from Germany.

Miyazawaflutes

Here is the entire tracklist for KXJZs Acid Jazz Session with host Gary Vercelli (10/10/2009)

10:00p Miyazawa: Anjos Ilrmaos [Rainer Truby Trio Mix]

10:05p Nicola Conte: Bossa Per Due

10:11p Soulstance: Circle [The Dub Club]

10:18p The Pimps Of Joytime: Bonita

10:26p Captain Planet: Speakin Nuyorican

10:30p Joe Cuba: Que Son Uno

10:36p Mocean Worker: Tres Tres Chic

10:40p Thievery Corporation: The Hong Kong Triad

10:43p Us3: Cantaloop 2004 [soul Mix]

10:48p Hideo Kobayashi: The Blissed Place

10:56p Yoshinori Sunahara: Love Beat [Nicola Conte Fez Remix]

11:00p

11:02p Bob Sinclar: The Ghetto [Atjazz Remix]

11:07p Alex Malheiros & Banda Utopia: Sem Pressa

11:11p Samba Um: Vai Dar Samba

11:15p Alex Malheiros & Banda Utopia: Uno Esta

11:22p Sam & Dave: This Is Your World

11:24p Roy Ayers : Everybody Loves The Sunshine - Roy Ayers remixed by 9th Wonder

11:28p India: Runaway

11:36p Mocean Worker: Que Bom

11:40p Christian Scott: Cease Fire

11:45p Fort Knox Five: THE SPIRIT OF 75 featuring Mustafa Akbar

11:50p Fort Knox Five: RFDC: THE POWER OF FIVE

11:51p Fort Knox Five: PAPA WAS STONED

11:56p Fort Knox Five: UPTOWN TRICKS featuring Mustafa Akbar

Shur-I-Kan - A Warm Place

Shur-i-kan is an electronic producer from London. This cut is from his album, Waypoints, which you can check out at La La

Moonage Daydream...Racer X from the album Second Heat...1988...a very cool version of the old Bowie classic by a very cool band.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racer_X_%28band%29

http://vinlandsagas.blogspot.com/2009/02/r...-heat-1988.html

post-193-1257755803_thumb.jpg

post-193-1257755851_thumb.png