wassup this weekend? 29. april

slum_goddess

we're gonna bring Hunter home today...then spend the rest of the weekend cleaning kitty hair off the furniture and our clothes (this is a good thing). nothing much else happening apart from the usual thwoop 'n' glug. tomorrow night we'll watch werner herzog's 'fitzcarraldo' w/klaus kinski and a couple of coen bros films ('o brother where are thou?' and 'the man who wasn't there').

good luck, koop.

Hunter's on my lap now, yay! :)

outta mah head (i just txtd someone that) :)

txts from a few hrs ago:

me: s/he's sniffing around at everything now.

pet man: You've explained the rules to her? Or do I have to take her on the tour

myself?

me: i cannot stand to look at her...i'm ODing from all the cuteness. :-)

pm: Get the kvelling out of your system now, please.

They have put speed traps up on the motorway (M4 - The road that connects Slum and myself). They are busting people for driving at 80 mph - ON A MOTORWAY!! :reallymad:

There is no justification for it, but the police and council get to keep some of the fines. They are turning the motorway into a cash train.

So I'm off to join a protest against that. Quite what driving down the motorway within the speed limit (limit is 70, we're driving at 56mph) is going to achieve, I don't know, but it beats sitting around doing nothing!

Otherwise not much. Visit my brother Sunday. Monday is a bank holiday, but no plans yet.

When are we getting pictures of the cat Slum?

Edited by Malicious Intent

Good luck with the ball game, Koop. Good luck with the protest, MI, and enjoy your 3 day weekend. And congrats SG on the new family member--yes, where are the pics?

This weekend Im conspiring to get a new computer :)

Let me guess - an Apple?

How did you guess? Either a mini-mac or thie new IMac, plus a scanner, new printer, etc. I need to get in gear with the new century :lol:

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

this weekend... write a 12 page paper and prepare for a presentation

friday - move stuff out of the room to the garage, possibly go with a 'friend' to the movies and stuff...

saturday - yard sale in the morning, insulating the garage (and maybe sheetrock it) immediately after the sale, then who knows...

saturday night or sunday - gonna go to taylor to pick up a suit from my house for a presentation on monday and then who knows...

my spoing-iness is somewhat diminished by the three posts above me. :(

but forget about them. :lol: congratulations on your new mac, Dude, YAY! MI, speeding is above 56? isn't that an odd number, like not 55?

post-59-1114790590.jpg

How did you guess? Either a mini-mac or thie new IMac, plus a scanner, new printer, etc. I need to get in gear with the new century :lol:

I had a look at the Apple Mini. I wasn't best impressed. I would have thought 5.1 sound should be standard, but it wasnt even available. The Airport card only comes with the top model too. I know we are talking computing on a budget, but these are basic features.

I guess I shouldn't be too suprised, it is from a company too stingy to give customers a second mouse button. <_>

Guest .::BeatFactory::.
I guess I shouldn't be too suprised, it is from a company too stingy to give customers a second mouse button.

lol!

weather cool and sunny....very busy at the moment with work..just a quick log in to say gidday.....probably back on the boards at the beginning of the week....excellent news sg......ripper sends his best to the new furry edition to your family..he will be watching hunters progress with interest......as an older, wiser cat he (ripper)will no doubt offer well intentioned advice from time to time...have a very cool weekend one and all.... :)

post-59-1114815956.jpg

friday....nothing.

saturday.......working game 4, Rockets vs. Dallas....and something in the morning

Sunday.....Houston Comets scrimmage game...and hopefully get home in time to watch Family Guy!!!