wassup this weekend? 29. april

slum_goddess

It sounds like you have a cool job!!

I do have a cool job.....sometimes. A co-worker and I get to sit in the Comets locker room while they practice/work-out and watch tv (while we watch their stuff!! and make sure no-one comes in whos not supposed too), imagine, getting paid to sit on your butt and watch tv!! All the free games and shows!!

LOTD and Ken......Your Welcome for the reminder!!

DON'T FORGET.....FAMILY GUY COMES BACK SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

hi Ripper. :)

moodyblue, did they ask you if you dug sports before they hired you?

moodyblue, did they ask you if you dug sports before they hired you?

No, they didn't....I'm not much on sports as much as I was...if I do watch a game on tv it will be the Rockets or Comets when they are not at home playing. And the company I work for doesn't just cover the Toyota Center...we do lots of other venues around Houston.

DON'T FORGET.....FAMILY GUY COMES BACK SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

:reallymad: :reallymad: I missed it dammit!! I would have gotten home in time if it hadn't been for the last minute medical call.....I JUST HAD TO BE REPORT WRITER!!!! :reallymad: :reallymad:

excellent cartoon on fox in the states, a fam w/Stewie, a homicidal infant

post-59-1115179049.jpg

Poll day today.

Although struggling to believe any party is really worth me travelling to the polling station, I decided to vote as there a couple of issues I feel strongly about.

I was shocked how easy it was. I just picked my name off a list. I offered ID, but they declined. I then picked another name off the list and said "Russel Walker is me too".

The guy just grunted. To think people fear fraud with the electronic voting machines.

In 24-48 hours time, the old PM will be out of No.10 and the country will have a brand spanking new PM - Lord Tony Blair the Great. Can't wait.

This will be his third term. He has said that he will not stay for a forth, so the question now is when will he retire?

I then picked another name off the list and said "Russel Walker is me too".

The guy just grunted. To think people fear fraud with the electronic voting machines.

you voted twice under two names?

No. I smiled at him to encourage him to get the joke. He didn't. I just moved on to the next person who gave me my one and only national elections ballot paper (and a local council election one).

I could not see what was stopping me from going to another table (depending on your street name depends on the table you go to) and picking another name to vote again. Repeat for all tables at all polling stations.

that sounds too easy dude

In Greece, they even count the number of envelopes they give in every station. It has to be just enough for the people who are registered there. I believe there is absolutely no way to vote twice or something to go wrong

It was too easy, that is what scares me.

We don't have envelopes, but even if there were, I could rely on the fact only 60% max of people will vote.

The problem is that you dont need to prove who you are. I could be anyone I wanted, as long as I have a street name, then look over the attendents list and point to a name which hasn't been crossed off. A bit of upsidedown reading skills are needed.

Or if I know that Joe Blogs from Station Road is not voting, I can just walk in and say "Station Road, Blogs, Joe" and then vote under that name. No ID is needed, they have no idea if I'm Joe Blogs or not - unless you are unfortunate enough that the attendent knows Joe Blog!

I wish there were more English here to ask about this. I'll ask at work tomorrow why it couldnt be done.

This will be his third term. He has said that he will not stay for a forth, so the question now is when will he retire?

since his party's vote was down, some people are predicting he could be out as early as Xmas (see front page of the drudgereport:

"BBC/ITV project Tony Blair's Labour Party has won re-election in Britain....

BBC Exit Poll: Labour down to 66 [from 161] above Tories... BBC commentator 'worse night than predicted for Labour'...

BBC LIVE VIDEO FEED [C-SPAN 2]

'There is a sense in which this election has been a referendum on Blair and I think it is going to leave him considerably weakened. My guess is it really hastens Blair's departure ... he may not be there at Christmas'...'

I wish there were more English here to ask about this. I'll ask at work tomorrow why it couldnt be done.

you could ask Nath.