strange allergies

Kooperman

After taking a nibble of a Brazil nut yesterday I had a severe allergic reaction which made my throat swell shut. The result was a series of shots, including ephinedrine, benedryl and prednisone, along with a harrowing ambulance ride through heavy traffic with the emergency person trying to put an IV into the vein on the back of my hand all the while. After a few hours at the emergency room I was deemed fit enough to be taken home, even though my throat was still partially swollen. I feel OK today, but I ain't eating any Brazil nuts.

Do you have any allergies? Know anybody that does?

My godfather is allergic to sesame. He almost died a few years ago.

I also know many people allergic to bee stings and they have to always carry some medicine with them or have it close by. I'm only allergic to stupid people.

Glad you're ok Koop. Nothing better than a beer and some Brazil nuts to celebrate your return home

After taking a nibble of a Brazil nut yesterday I had a severe allergic reaction which made my throat swell shut.

I'm allergic to Texas nuts, particuarly those of that belong to the Redneck variety

Although I have no problems with cashews, peanuts, pecans and almonds, I am allergic to walnuts and coconuts. I've always had to check for those items, especially coconut oil, in products. I really haven't had any reaction to nuts in many, many years and it certainly wasn't this extreme in the past.

I often wondered if nut allergies was something to do with how the nuts are processed rather than a reaction to the nuts themselves....

I dont have any allergies other than a blotchy intolerance of excessive dairy....

Sounds like a scary thing to happen... glad you're ok Koop.

glad to hear that you`re better mate...i`m allergic to milk puddings like junket and that sort of thing.....i`m also allergic to those who don`t see things my way!!!!..(so my wife tells me)... :lol::lol:

I'm not allergic to anything....that I know of! My brother is allergic to strawberries, pineapples, penicillin, dogs and cats and a few other things....I also have a friend who is allergic to the planet, basically, that's what I tell her anyway!! :lol:

First off, I'm pleased to hear your ok guy...geez!

Myself, I am allergic to excessive dust and bee stings. I carry an epi pen all year long.

My husband just found out on Sunday that he's allergic to Big Red gum...when he chews a full pack LMAO. His tounge swelled up really bad and now there are 3 sores in his mouth, they gave him some nasty shit to rub on them...it looks like carpet glue :lol:

Glad your ok koop

Im allergic too mushrooms very badly 1 bite will put me in hospitol for 3 days also have severe hayfever and sinus problems not fun at all

Oh yea also allergic to cats when i wasnt when i was younger if a cat walks within 10 feet of me my eyes swell shut and then i have too take benadryl to get better really sucks :(

kooperman, i'm glad you're good now. i've been allergic to straight milk since i was a kid but it doesn't affect me when mixed w/coffee or as an ingredient in whatever. (i've never had a glass of milk that wasn't loaded up w/chocolate; it doesn't go down all straight)

I'm lactose intolerant, but that's not terribly strange. I think I MAY be allergic to Play Doh though. Makes my nose run, eyes water, and my throat close up.

No, I do not eat Play Doh. For a project I did in my junior year of high school, I made a feif of Play Doh, with little Play Doh sheep and trees and stuff. I thought I was going to die during its construction.

Edited by Potato

i used to like to eat red Play Doh. :)

Kooperman - glad you're ok.

My husband's allergic to shellfish...shrimp, mussel, lobster, clams..he gets the same reaction too. (I absolutely love seafood...can live on it alone)

Funny story:

Our first date, he takes me to dinner on the pier at the Southstreet Seaport, I order clams on the half shell...I offered one to him..he says he never tried it..I kind of pressured him..not KNOWING... :rolleyes: ANYWAY...long story short..he puts it in his mouth ... waits for me to turn my head and PATTTOOOEEE!! spits it across a table right into the river there.... :lol: Is that love or what?! :blink:

I didn't know this until a few years later...I was wondering why that couple got up so fast and left... :lol:

Our first date, he takes me to dinner on the pier at the Southstreet Seaport, I order clams on the half shell...I offered one to him..he says he never tried it..I kind of pressured him..not KNOWING... :rolleyes: ANYWAY...long story short..he puts it in his mouth ... waits for me to turn my head and PATTTOOOEEE!! spits it across a table right into the river there.... :lol: Is that love or what?! :blink:

:lol::lol::lol: too bad we all 4 can't hook up, you guys sound a bit like us.

you don't understand (neither does pet man) but i have to do everything NOW/ASAP because if i don't, i might not ever :lol: