Top Ten Rock Songs of All Time

well, this won't come as a surprise to you but all i really listen to is the one band (we have their 3 major albums but also have over 40 CDs of their gigs and remixes et al). so...y'know, i'm pretty narrow-minded about things like that. :P

and also, one needs a sense of 'nothing's sacred' type-humor, a political conscience and a strong stomach to dig the constant cursing and profuse use of drugs-references...so y'know, they're not for everyone.

well, this won't come as a surprise to you but all i really listen to is the one band

Hmmm...I wonder what their name is? Moving right along, I know you liked the Stones growing up. Any of their songs make your top 10 rock songs of all time?

do you think i still think about stuff like this? hee hee (obviously i'm doing so right now). um...the stones, my fave is totally Sympathy for the Devil, then Monkey Man, then maybe Stray Cat Blues. personally i preferred them when they were still trying to be a rhythm and blues band but y'know. anyway, nyah. (what did you expect?) :lol:

According to the British radio station Planet Rock, here are the Top Ten Greatest Rock Songs of all time.  Agree or disagree?

1. LED ZEPPELIN - STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

3. QUEEN - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

5. BLACK SABBATH - PARANOID

6. LED ZEPPELIN - WHOLE LOTTA LOVE

7. THE EAGLES - HOTEL CALIFORNIA

8. LED ZEPPELIN - ROCK AND ROLL

Those are some good ones....but I would have to add....

The Moody Blues....Nights in White Satin (or Tuesday Afternoon or anything by them)

Pink Floyd.....Time or Money

The Beatles.....anything

the Rolling Stones...anything

Sympathy for the Devil, then Monkey Man, then maybe Stray Cat Blues

This is what I expected from a true Stones connoisseur. Beggars Banquet and Let it Bleed were their best albums (although Ry Cooder is given alot of credit for the latter). I love Stray Cat Blues and Sympathy for the Devil---but you forgot to add Gimme Shelter

actually i prefer Exile on Main Street as their all-time best album. before i ever heard Exile on Coldharbour Lane, EOMS was the album i'd played the most (3 years in a row). but i've been playing EOCHL for over four years and still not tired of it. nyah. (Dude, the music i sent you was a compilation of bits from mostly Coldharbour Lane and their next two albums)

ii guess i used to be a true Stones connoisseur but in 2002 we had a choice of seeing them in Berlin or going to England again and seeing the Alabama 3. this was the first stones tour EVuh i decided not to see and i've never regretted it. your mileage may vary an' all. :lol:

actually i prefer Exile on Main Street as their all-time best album. before i ever heard Exile on Coldharbour Lane, EOMS was the album i'd played the most (3 years in a row). but i've been playing EOCHL for over four years and still not tired of it. nyah. (Dude, the music i sent you was a compilation of bits from mostly Coldharbour Lane and their next two albums)

You will be shocked, but I'm not a big fan of Exile. To me, the recording sounds muddled--they might as well have played the stuff live.

As to the new Alabama, it is a lot more happening than the Stones are today--that said, some of the cuts remind me of the Stones when they were at their peak.

As to the new Alabama, it is a lot more happening than the Stones are today--that said, some of the cuts remind me of the Stones when they were at their peak.

in 2000 when they played NYC, we met them and ended up partying at this guy's bar w/them on the lower east side...a week later we saw them in san francisco and then (emboldened by the fact i 'knew' them for a week), i asked Jake (D Wayne Love, whose quote i use as my sig) anyway, i asked Jake about the many Stones' type references and outright thefts i'd caught on their Exile. he blushed and looked down and said *thick Scottish brogue* 'i doon't know what y're talking abooot'

he and pet man and i just died laughing. :lol:

• 4 months later...

1 JIM COLYER - Save The Planet

2 ABBA - Dancing Queen

3 THE BEATLES - I Wanna Hold Your Hand

4 ELVIS PRESLEY - Hound Dog

5 SHANIA TWAIN - Any Man Of Mine

6 ABBA - Fernando

7 THE BEATLES - Revolution

8 LITTLE RICHARD - Good Golly Miss Molly

9 JERRY LEE LEWIS - Great Balls Of Fire

10 GERRY RAFFERTY - Baker Street

i don't listen to anything i thought i liked when i was growing up apart from the stones and not that often.

• 9 months later...