Beatking Musicians

Crazy Diamond

I want to know how many people are musicians on this board.

What instument(s) do you play, how long, have you ever been in a band etc...

:jammin: :jammintwo: :scratchin: :singin:

Edited by Crazy Diamond

I play some guitar - mostly electric... Never been in a band, but have a lot of friends who were, both aspiring and professionals.. (I have helped produce concerts in the past, and have more of a proficiency in that area)

Former music education major, so I still actively perform classical on French horn. I currently play in the university symphony orchestra and the university wind symphony. This next year I join the jazz band (wooo!).

Me and my horn have had some good times...i've performed all over the US (except NYC...missed that by one year) and toured Spain and Mexico.

As far as other instruments that I have played (they make you learn all of them, so i've played just about everything) I used to play trumpet in a ska band in HS. Other than that I just have my horrible piano and singing skills and the didgeridu I have leaning up against my wall.

Dude: What kind of guitar do you have?

I play guitar and a little bass. For about 3-4 years now. I'm working in my first band.

I think that a Sax will be my next puchase.

Currently dont have an instrument. Used to have a 56 Strat..

I used to play Piano, started when I was 8 and quit when I was 15. I can still play but it doesn't entice me anymore so I rarely do play.

I can work my way around FruityLoops Studio Producer Edition pretty well. I've made a few beats/songs. I wonder if I still have them actually.... *looks around*

That's it as far as music goes. I try and sing by my self so no one else can hear the horrid noises that come from my vocal chords....

Meh :D

I plan on being in Phoenix in the near future (2 months tops) ...you can tell me the lowdown :Here's to you:

a very long time ago from 10 years old till about 15 years old

i was member from a Harmony Orchester the name was Sempre Crescendo [ and they still exists this moment] in my born place Losser in Holland

i was playing the Clarinet after al with not much sucses :bigsmile: :P :bigsmile:

and now i play most air instruments like [airdrums and airguitar]

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

I played tenor sax all through jr and sr high school--never should have sold that horn! <_>

Picked up the guitar at 15, in college switched over to electric bass. I have an old double output Rickenbacher and the sweetest Musicman...that thing has the fastest neck I've ever laid hands on! I haven't been in a band for a while though--lack of time, tired of playing with drunks and people who believe all their creativty flows exclusively from pot smoke, or those who have the emotional maturity of an infant. So I started playing around with computer-based composition a few years ago. I go back and forth between the ambient/illbient and techno-industrial, with loops, sampled found sounds, and other sonic inputs from analog devices. But again, all that stuff takes time, so all the composing I'm doing right now is on my MA thesis, lol.

I have one of these wonderful things (see below)... a bodhran, which brings me great calm when I cant sleep and makes the neighbours within a 3 mile radius hate me. I used to carry it to pub sessions in order to avail of the free drinks flowing to all musicians... though in purist traditional circles, anyone carrying a bodhran isn't a musician!

I'm not proficient and only join in at the pub if I've had too much to drink and forget how bad I am.... but nobody else will. :bigsmile: Great fun.

I played piano and organ from 7-15 but not much since. I reckon I'd have to start all over again as a beginner, but with that idea... I bought one of those electric keyboard thingys.... which has really stiff keys that I dont like so it's been in a bag behind the filing cabinet for quite some time.

post-59-1088697468.jpg

Me and my horn have had some good times...i've performed all over the US (except NYC...missed that by one year) and toured Spain and Mexico.

A difference between the US and UK perhaps.

Let me explain...

At about the age of 9 I played violin for about two years, though my age and immaturity went against me as I never really bothered with it - lack of practice coupled with apathy makes an instrument very hard to learn.

Shortly afterwards I picked up the accoustic guitar and swiftly moved onto the electric guitar; about 3 yrs later my brother picked up the guitar and was evidently much more talented so I bowed to sibling pressure and avoided any potential rivalry by quickly switching to the Clarinet and completed grade 8 within 5 years (dunno US equivalent, but it's a very high standard in UK), all the while I used the keyboard for composition and transposition of performance pieces.

Given all this I've still never performed anywhere more glamourous than pubs and a couple of local theatres.

Mind you, at least the rental of the otherwise prohibitively-expensive instruments was covered by the state, otherwise I would never know the true beauty of music.

I s'pose I should be grateful for that at least :)

Ever knock any heads with that thing, Umma?

which thing?? drum or tipper?

I have an ebony tipper that's pretty good as a reflex hammer.

or did you mean drum head? :wacko:

which thing?? drum or tipper?

I have an ebony tipper that's pretty good as a reflex hammer.

or did you mean drum head? :wacko:

The drum, of course - its easier to connect :lol:

The drum, of course - its easier to connect :lol:

that might start a trend... dont ever suggest that in an Irish pub.. :D

Some people play it with the hands.... but I've never heard of anyone playing with their head... mine would stand up to the strain (my drum ...not my head) this one was made for headbanging... haaaar

I bought it from a drum maker who thought I only wanted it as an ornamental thing so he decided I didnt need a tunable head and the skin he used was from an old goat from Tansania and it's still wearing in after 6 years of beating the crap out of it... I should probably sand it down some but I reckon it'll take more abuse as it is... and I's in no hurry

but I've never heard of anyone playing with their head...

Hendrix played the guitar with his teeth!

Given all this I've still never performed anywhere more glamourous than pubs and a couple of local theatres.

what kind of music do you play Stuzb?