New Digital Camera

Shawn

We bought our first digital camera a few days ago. (Bought may be unaccurate, maybe say renegotiated our debt)

Here are a few pics of the family as I get used to using it.

Dora

post-59-1086847982.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank ye.

I'd like to see how many members have digital cams. Napsterites runs a little contest now and again, and I'd like to give it a shot. The gist is that an impartial overseer (someone without a cam ;) ) starts everyone off with a request.

First person to come back with a pic that clearly also has the person's nick written on paper in the pic gets a point. The point winner suggests the next item, and has to wait for someone else to get it and post a new idea to get more points. First to a pre-determined score wins.

eg. Let's say somebody requests an instruction manual, I post this pic first and win the point.

post-59-1086854675.jpg

Hey man, I live to play with the camera.

lol However, she is really affectionate and appeared angry that I kept moving back to get the shot. This was a rare one of her awake but not right at the lens.

post-59-1086903515.jpg

yup, real nice pics, Shawn ... so clear

what kind of camera did you get?? how did you decide on the one you decided on??

i've been thinking of getting a digital camera, but for a first one, i'd probably stick with an easy (and non-bankrupting) point and shoot one ... anyone opinions???

: )

it looks like my cat's on drugs

:rofl:

I didn't notice you had posted. It does look like she hit the bong a bit.

---

I don't really have earth-shaking knowledge of digital cams. I know that the higher the megapixels, combined with the higher the optical zoom, the better the camera. Optical zoom is where it's at, the digital zoom in camera's works on math and really boogers the picture at high zoom.

This one is the Kodak cx7220, bought because it was cheap but still offered at least 2 mp and 2X optical zoom. It is the sort of point and click camera you're refering to reg.

Thank ye.

I'd like to see how many members have digital cams. Napsterites runs a little contest now and again, and I'd like to give it a shot. The gist is that an impartial overseer (someone without a cam ;) ) starts everyone off with a request.

First person to come back with a pic that clearly also has the person's nick written on paper in the pic gets a point. The point winner suggests the next item, and has to wait for someone else to get it and post a new idea to get more points. First to a pre-determined score wins.

eg. Let's say somebody requests an instruction manual, I post this pic first and win the point.

This sounds like it could be fun. So someone clarify for me, what needs to be photographed next?

I have a Casio Elixim Z4, 4.0 megapixels, 3x optical zoom. I got it 30% off, so I wasn't insane and didn't pay the $399 retail price.

That sounds like a nice camera Potato...

Most people won't ever need anything above 5Mp... even 3.3Mp is just fine for a 8 x 10 print. 5Mp gets you almost to a crystal clear 11 x 17 - but nobody really does that.

I've seen 8Mp camera out there now for very high prices... Not worth it unless you want movie poster size prints. It is kinda a marketing scam where they think the higher the number the better... true technically, but 3.3-5Mp should be the most people need...

Optical zoom is where the money's at. Go for at least 3x there...

Edited by cjules13

Hey man, I live to play with the camera.

lol However, she is really affectionate and appeared angry that I kept moving back to get the shot. This was a rare one of her awake but not right at the lens.

Awesome cat - I had two Siamese growing up.

Adorable kids too!

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Let's start this in the BeatKing games section... I'm working with a Sony Cyber-Shot cam with 3.2 MP and a 3x digital zoom it was 200 bucks and it ain't bad.

I wouldn’t go less than 3mp and I would get a camera that had the option of changing lenses (there are some compact digitals that will let you do this). 3x optical is the standard for most compacts. Personally I never liked kodak, especially the digitals. But its all about finding out what works for you. The most expensive with the latest technology isnt necessary the best.

In terms of quality, by film.

The digital zoom on my camera is bah.

My camera is nice and little with a huge screen. Not plasticy either. I did a bunch of research on digital cameras in a certain range before I bought the Casio.

I did a bit of research before getting my last camera, and did buy a Kodak cx4230.

It had a lot of nice features for the money including the 3X optical zoom. The battery consumption was less than some others I looked at, it was capable of macro pics, and at 2mp quite capable of good pics. For long lasting pics i still use my 35mil, but it makes a good starter camera. One thing to remember, get a good charger, and at least 4 nimh batteries, as you can go through a lot of batteries especially using preview mode.

made a list and checked it twice ... :P

thanks for all your input ... and posting what cameras you have and like ... great help ...

i was wondering about the batteries ... most cameras i have seen or read about use aa batteries, and i couldn't imagine that they would last very long ... i know my regular camera uses lithium batteries, and they last so long ... wonder why digital cameras aren't made to use longer lasting batteries like that ... :wha':

well, once again ... merci'

Edited by reg