Kerry: I can wage a more effective war on terror

Bombardier

SEATTLE, Washington (CNN) -- As U.S. officials fret over intelligence that they say points to an increased possibility of a major terrorist attack on the nation, presumptive Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry on Wednesday delivers a speech on national security.

Reporters questioned the Massachusetts senator, asking him why he was bringing up the issue more than five months ahead of fall elections.

"I don't think it's early," Kerry said shortly after arriving in Seattle late Tuesday.

"It's one of the most important issues facing the nation.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/26/...rity/index.html

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure Kerry can also promise us sunshine on every day, a money tree in every yard, and anything else because promises are cheap.

:D He sounds like a typical politician

Yep - he's a politician - but that doesnt mean he couldnt do a better job than Bush. Given the choice I'd rather have Nulls and MX resolving things instead of Bush - anybody but Bush. I know I could do a better job :bigsmile:

All politicians promise sunshine on every day, a money tree in every yard, and anything else. Imagine him saying: "Bush can handle terrorism better than me. In fact I would ask from the voters to think twice before voting for me".

Given the choice I'd rather have Nulls and MX resolving things

:bigsmile: Best laugh I have had all day.

I have to agree I would do a better job than Bush but I still support him. I just could never vote for a liberal, too many issues. :gigglin:

I have to agree I would do a better job than Bush but I still support him.

See, we agree on something poltically :bigsmile:

See, we agree on something poltically  :bigsmile:

:gigglin:

True there's not much we'll agree on but I am sure anything I say negative about Bush would appeal to the huge liberal presence here at BK. Lol

Balance is always good even in politics otherwise what would we debate about? Although there doesn't seem to be more than 4 or 5 of us here. Maybe I should invite some of my NRA buddies to join BK. :lol:

Balance is always good even in politics otherwise what would we debate about? Although there doesn't seem to be more than 4 or 5 of us here. Maybe I should invite some of my NRA buddies to join BK. :lol:

Speaking of which,

where's ol Redneck? He's missing the party :Here's to you:

True, but the conservative legion is growing here :o

You could always go join the stoner communists over on zeropaid LOL...

Even all the people who hate Bush has to deep down realize that the person who replaces him has to be good, not just a even more extreeme left wing equilivent that is equal to worse than Bush depending which personality of Kerry you believe.

That and the differences between what Kerry and Bush would continue to do in Iraq in the future which was shown on CNN last month is almost the exact same thing. So either way if people are looking for dramitic change in policy towards Iraq are going to be dissapointed no matter which way they vote.

But, he charged, the administration has done little to safeguard U.S. ports or protect large facilities, such as chemical and nuclear plants.

This is of more concern to me than potential WMDs in Iraq...I read an interesting editorial the other day that also pointed out that very little has been done to increase security on our national railway system, which runs right through & under most major American cities. There are valid concerns that we are vulnerable to a Madrid-type attack, since the current administration has virtually ignored this area of security.

I would be less concerned if it didn't appear that Bush and crew are more like an emergency roadside assistance after my car's broken down rather than a maitanence department that is proactive on preventing the breakdown in the first place.

It takes a long time to go from basically nothing to being secure. Kinda seems like whoever was saying there is no security at all which is wrong because there had been improvements and its just fearmongering for votes.

Bush created the Homeland security department and things are better than they were before, so these claims that basically nothing has been done at all is incorrect but no one is going to argue that there is alot more that could be done.

This is just politics and things are going to be improved probably whether Kerry is unfortantely elected or not. But that depends on what personality of Kerry which would really be running things.

You could always go join the stoner communists over on zeropaid LOL...

They have an island called BK and you're on it :bigsmile:

Ok but i call the green bulletproof hat, and the cigars.

Funny, but your avatar hat looks suspiciously RED... :smokin: Havana cigars?

Speaking of which,

where's ol Redneck?

What do you mean "ol"? as in old? I'll have you know my friends call me Jurassic.

:)

Look at the heading of this thread. Quote: Kerry: I can wage a more effective war on terror

See!!! He hasn't even been elected yet and he is trying to get us into war. At least Bush waited until after the election! :bigsmile:

See!!! He hasn't even been elected yet and he is trying to get us into war.  At least Bush waited until after the election! :bigsmile:

See what hanging around liberals does to ya - it turns rednecks intos peacenicks and arch-conservatives into Gore lovers :)