American captive beheaded

desdemona

the captors relate this act with the abuse of prisoners in abu ghraib

Video shows beheading of American captive in Iraq

Tuesday, May 11, 2004 Posted: 6:14 PM EDT (2214

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- An al Qaeda-linked Web site posted video Tuesday of a man who identified himself as an American and then was beheaded.

His captors said the United States refused to exchange him for prisoners in the Abu Ghraib prison.

read the article here:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/11/...main/index.html

well to be honest I have no idea why any american would choose to go to Iraq right now, relief organizations don't even want to go there. but you're right joey, it's like a cycle, they commit barbaric acts and we retaliate, and a democracy is suppose to spring from all of this, I just don't see how. they sawed his head off while he was screaming and filmed it, then sent the video to the press, humanity is at a low right now. :(

Don't you worry des and joey, GWB says Rummy is doing a superb job so everything's gonna be A-OK!

GWB is a very bad/ or very ignorant person... neither of which would make him suitable to hold such a position ... I don't need any convincing of that... even more sick and twisted than that--> he claims to be a morally responsible person governed by Christian beliefs... from my perspective there is nothing "Christian" about that man or his policies.. destroy the environment, wage unnecessary war..starting a cycle of death and suffering that will last for who knows how long, encourage illegal labor practices over seas to boost our economy... that is evil... and then to cover it with all this "morally upright" bullshit just sickens me... and all those blind Americans following after as if he's the f*cking pied piper! Disgusting!!!! :reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad: I never thought I would ever say this but I can't wait to vote this upcoming election!

Edited by joeyz

seriously though, I think we should do a survey, I know he's the worst president in my lifetime, does anyone agree? the economy, the war, the patriot act, in the seventies when we had to wait in line for gas and the price was high it was because there wasn't any! this is just getting absurd now.

Worst Presidents Of My Lifetime

1) Ulysses S. Grant :blink:

OK, that one was a joke, so to speak

The Real List

1) George W. Bush......hands down winner. It'll take a generation for the

United States to recover from the global mistakes made by this administration.

2) Gerald Ford.....took over for Nixon and generally played golf a lot and stayed

out of the way as much as possible. He pardoned Nixon.

3) Jimmy Carter.....so much integrity, so few results. He's had a far greater

positive impact on the world as an ex-president.

Most Flawed President

1) Richard Nixon....really did a number of good things in foreign policy, but his

political and domestic paranoia overcame his plusses.

2) Lyndon Johnson.....advanced the cause of civil rights greatly, but his albatross

was Viet Nam, which has sunk him in Presidential history.

3) Bill Clinton.....as charasmatic as his idol John Kennedy and just as personally

flawed. The Clinton years were good years for the country but his flaws fueled

the growth of right wing radio, television and internet news sites to the point

of creating wide divisions in the political picture. It'll take a long time for the

hate merchants on both sides to disappear.

Back to the topic of the American Civilian beheaded by the Iraqui Al Queda leader..

It's absolutely fucking disgusting and I hope the inhuman perpetrators rot in hell forever. It's beyond sick!!! What possesses these sick minds???? I'm a diehard pacifist - but these cretins had better never enter my sight...

:reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad:

In answer to Des's question as to why he was there? Well it shouldnt matter - people should be able to travel freely everywhere. Apparently this 26 yr old was trying to find work with his computer skills - well he certainly couldnt find work in this country - our great corporations are too busy farming it out so they can make more and more profits.

did you guys actually SEE the video? It was absolutelythe worst thing I've ever seen!

BOTH sides are animals!

No I havent seen it - not going to watch it. PS -- The American soldiers who were involved in the indecent acts are not representative of the American army - what happened was an abberation

I'm not watching it either.

I felt sick when someone discribed it. I've seen a million heads being removed in films, but this would be different.

It's different because this time it's real.

I agree. I'm going to stay as far away from the video as possible.

Just the very thought of real beheading makes me ill :sick:

I can kill a thousand enemy soldiers in Doom and rip peoples' heads off in Mortal Kombat, but this is real.

I clearly know the difference between reality and fiction.

Edited by Bombardier

I just saw the video.

I spent about 10 minutes, just not moving at all, just thinking.

You really don't know what life is until you look into the eyes of a detached head, or when you look into the eyes of the head, as it's being sawed off; that last second of life, of brutal pain as the blood gushes from your neck. The eyes seemed to flicker, and it wasn't a "chop" and you're gone procedure. The sub-human creature sat there and sawed the head off for about 30 seconds; a pool of blood almost as big an area as of the body, spilling onto the floor (as 3 others held him down). Then he raises the head in primal victory, as his false religion and view of the world consumed him to the point of uselessness.

It's a shame they cannot be hunted down, and disposed of properly. No doubt they will prey on others, like savage lions.

Company shuts down Web site showing beheading

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) -- The al-Qaeda-linked Web site that first posted a video of American civilian Nicholas Berg's beheading was shut down Thursday by the Malaysian company that hosted it -- because it was drawing too much traffic.

A senior officer of the company, Acme Commerce Sdn. Bhd., said Thursday it was not aware that the site, www.al-ansar.biz, may have been connected to al-Qaeda or that offensive material had been posted on it. If it had, the company would likely have shut it down earlier, said Alfred Lim, Acme Commerce's business manager.

"We are a legitimate business, in no way related to al-Qaeda," Lim told The Associated Press. "We have no control over what our clients put on their Web sites."

Malaysia is one of the Islamic world's most progressive countries with aims of completing its transformation from a rubber- and tin-producing colonial backwater into a technology-driven society by 2020. It strongly opposes the U.S.-led wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but is an ally in the fight against terrorism and has detained scores of terrorist suspects.

The al-Ansar site was operated by a client who rented space on a Malaysian-based Web server owned by Acme Commerce, Lim said, although he was not sure exactly when the client began renting the space.

Lim said Acme Commerce disabled the site Thursday morning because it had attracted "a sudden surge of massive traffic that is taking up too much bandwidth and causing inconvenience to our other clients."

The company also began getting calls from Web surfers who had traced the site's server on the Internet and drew officials' attention to the content for the first time, Lim said.

The video, which was posted on the site Tuesday, showed the slaying of Berg, 26, of West Chester, Pennsylvania. His body was found in Baghdad on Saturday.

Images from the video that do not show Berg's beheading have dominated television broadcasts and newspaper front pages in many countries.

Acme Commerce's policy was not to host sites that carry grisly, defamatory, obscene, potentially offensive material or gambling, Lim said. It would "definitely not host this kind of Web site" again.

He declined to identify the client who ran the al-Ansar site, saying the company -- which claims to host 5,000 sites for clients in more than 30 countries -- wanted to consult its lawyers first.

The company lodged a police report about the site, he said, although it was unclear what action Malaysian authorities might take.

Opposition leader Lim Kit Siang urged Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi's government to investigate the possibility that "Malaysia is hosting a master network of international terrorist Web sites."

Foreign Minister Syed Hamid Albar said information about the case revealed so far did not amount to evidence of Lim's concern.

"Let the thing be investigated," he told reporters. "I can tell you that we do not support any terrorist actions."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/05/1...g.ap/index.html

Although it is difficult, I have to say thank you Ken. I really think this is as far as I will ever go when it comes to viewing the video. I have visited places like rotten.com before out of curiosity and could only stay for so long. I haven't had any desire to go back. From your description, and considering the reality of it, I cannot compel myself to witness such a thing. There isn't a "smilie" large enough or full of enough anger/hate/disgust to expess my thoughts on this.

When beasts become outta control and start killing things excessively and/or needlessly, they usually become targets themselves. I don't want to wait for there to be more of this.

If this is in retaliation for the improper treatment of our prisoners, then go find some americans and sodomize them. A sore ass is much better than losing your head. Do unto others as they have done to you. Don't have enough Americans captive? Maybe you should have left your guns at home. You're just pissing a major world power off even more with your display of "power."

----->ANGRY

I just felt like conveying my personal feelings towards the situation, human to human.

I just tried to leave the politics out of it, for as long as I could.

Unfortunetely, politics, and relation are what our lives are based on. So every personal feeling, will have a political one.