Should PETA start looking before they jump?

Wolfie

PETA to unleash activists in protest

By Jason Kosareff , Staff Writer

EL MONTE -- Will animal-rights activists bark up the wrong tree today?

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is planning a "snarl-in' protest today at noon in front of House of Pets, 3836 N. Peck Road.

The action is designed to convince consumers not to purchase Iams pet food. Iams mistreats dogs and cats in its laboratories, PETA activists say.

But House of Pets does not carry Iams products, said store owner Myra Larkin.

"We never have and never will,' Larkin said. "For the same reasons as (PETA) believes.'

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/Stories/0...2102123,00.html

Either PETA's research staff is not what it used to be or they turn have adopted a reverse logic policy. :lol:

PETA cannot think rationally, or objectively.

Facts are unimportant.

They are one-track minds, just like George Bush.

Notice how they only care or mention the bigger, "cuter" animals?

You wont see them advocating for the survival of the Mosquito

My sister went into Law so she could protect animals. Not many jobs in that area, so she went into child welfare. She had me buy Iams exclusively--now I have to tell her we have to look into Iam's business practices. I heard that Iams was going out of business...so what do I know.

Anyway, why would any organization picket a store that doesnt carry the product they are picketing? Overzealous stupidity

They definitely missed the mark on this one...That being said, I support PETA's cause in most cases. Their tactics are not kosher by any means... but sometimes the shock and disrupt approach is the only way to attract attention... especially considering most are so desensitized to the subject--in a society oblivious to the reality of factory farming/animal testing. It's a shame that their approach has also caused an adverse reaction--making some hate the organization due to their tactics despite their noble cause... but we all have to live with opportunity costs...

in a society oblivious to the reality of factory farming/animal testing. It's a shame that their approach has also caused an adverse reaction--making some hate the organization due to their tactics despite their noble cause... but we all have to live with opportunity costs...

I completely and utterly disagree with utmost passion.

They care selectively.

They employ lies and deceptions.

They're made up of hypocrites, and scum sucking celebrities

They're down right annoying.

Yeah guys, that'll get the flawed cause going.

What you call the "shock" apporach DOESN'T get the job done.

Quite the reverse.

Yeah, save the animals. Meanwhile, human survival is looking grimmer every day.

Tactics reflect upon their cause. If they use the very underhandedness that those they oppose do, what's the point?

Well, they dont do a good job of projecting humans in a good light. BUT...their tactics pale in comparison to the horrors inflicted on the animal kingdom by mankind...

Animals are probably exploited most in the world of cosmetics and new drug manufacture... so just stop taking your medication and plastering gook on your face.... no need to cause a public song and dance. (especially when you're stupid enough to get it wrong) I dont know about PETA, being in another part of the world.

Animal rights activists in this country tend to go to extremes and think nothing of endagering human life for their cause... often protesting by causing malicious damage to property. Seems a bit loopy to me when people put animals before people and claim the animals 'rights' to justify the harm they cause to other people. That's a form of terrorism in my mind and totally irresponsible.... and I love animals, but not to the extent that I want to maim somebody for abusing them... that would make me no better, (worse really) than them. While the world is fueled by greed, vanity and the quick fix... animals are going to suffer. Seems to me that a lot of animal rights people are hypocrites dressed in leather! It's sad when people donate thousands to save the donkeys (or whatever) in some remote place when people are starving.

Wacko mentality.

in a society oblivious to the reality of factory farming/animal testing. It's a shame that their approach has also caused an adverse reaction--making some hate the organization due to their tactics despite their noble cause... but we all have to live with opportunity costs...

Ken-

I was by no means trying to condone these "shock" tactics.. I was merely trying to explain what I believe to be PETA's motivation for such radical behavior. I said that I support PETA's CAUSE-- which is to bring about awareness concerning animal rights (animal testing/factory farming)... I never said I believe they are taking the right path to that goal.

Animal rights activists in this country tend to go to extremes and think nothing of endangering human life for their cause... often protesting by causing malicious damage to property. Seems a bit loopy to me when people put animals before people and claim the animals 'rights' to justify the harm they cause to other people

Umma -

I completely agree... you don't teach compassion with a switch... this type of behavior is extremely irrational and I would never support such action.