Florida Students Arrested for Feeding Homeless

DudeAsInCool

hree arrests, including those of two of University of South Florida students, have been made on charges of trespassing in the last two weeks at the public park. The charges could have been worse, Guidara said, but the police were not trying to make things difficult for the students.

"We can stack the charges if that will make them happier," Guidara said. "Our intent was for them to leave the park so they would not be feeding people, and they refused by not leaving the park. They were in violation of park rules, and that's why they were trespassing. In addition to that, you have to have a permit in that park and any park to distribute for health concerns. There are facilities downtown that are in place to feed the homeless. I guess they disagreed with the ordinances and kept come back after receiving warnings for trespassing."

Since when are people tresspassing in a public park? :rofl:

This story is beyond crazy :wacko:

What's the world coming too when you cannot even lend a hand to help the homeless? This Guidara character really needs to come back down to reality :rotfl:

What's the world coming too when you cannot even lend a hand to help the homeless?  This Guidara character really needs to come back down to reality

It's absolutely disgusting. A cop with that type of attitude has no business even working within a municipality. I hope he rots in hell... :reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad:

April 09, 2004

The students, members of the nonviolent activist group Food Not Bombs, are in violation of a city ordinance banning the distribution of free food in public places without a permit, according to Captain Bob Guidara, spokesman for the Tampa Police Department.

Date could be better changed to: April 09, 1964

back 40 years ago, history repeats itself and so are the social standards.

Ps: they weren't distributing 'space-cake' I guess. :smokin:

"We can stack the charges if that will make them happier," Guidara said. "Our intent was for them to leave the park so they would not be feeding people, and they refused by not leaving the park.

What an ass. How on earth do these people ever get into positions of authority in the first place? I can only assume they've bought their way in, as it certainly isn't because of their intellect, suitablility or compassion towards their fellowman.

Ok, so you get arrested for feeding the homeless, 9 year old girls get handcuffed, and taken downtown for stealing a rabbit, you get fined by the F.C.C over $400,000 for the subjective idea of "indecency", Marilyn Manson gets engaged, Britney is hurting herself left and right, the Chinese government still hasn't learned anything, R-Kelly is sweating right about now, Kelly Osbourn........nope, not a suprise.

All the while, Eminem is busy flashing his ugly white ass at the people of Germany!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it's official. The world is indeed going to end.

Happy Easter!

:duck hunt: :shootin: :poop:

Edited by Ken

Welcome once again to Jeb Bush's Florida....he's just shaping his state up so he can prepare for his next gig in 2008......

If this country's voters are dumb enough to vote another Bush into office (or at least provide close enough of of tie so the supreme court can put one in) they derserve everything they get. As for me I'll be moving to Canada, lol.

Welcome once again to Jeb Bush's Florida....he's just shaping his state up so he can prepare for his next gig in 2008......

I hope they learn how to count ballots this time down there.Lol

As far as being arrested for feeding the homeless.......Why?yepFU

I don't see the city offering to feed them, why should they care. All the city wants is their money for their permit.I have friends that are peace officers and they wouldn't even think of enforcing a stupid law such as this. This guy is just another dumb ass cop with an ego and something to prove.............

omg, instead of worrying about the homeless problem they have in that community, they're worried about people feeding them, $10 a night @ the salvation army? if someone's homeless, where are they suppose to get this money? I never knew the salvation army charged for offering shelter, I just assumed when they were full that was it, so sad to have this problem in the first place, and to think washington d.c. is one of the worst for homeless, lawmakers see that everyday and do nothing about it.