Bush Vs Kerry

DudeAsInCool

I saw a rerun of the debates. Bush was a little better this time around, but seemed defensive and strident in comparison to Kerry. I would also give Kerry round 2, but by a slimmer margin...

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally caught it last night. Maybe missed the first 10 minutes. Can Bush not blink during any particular camera shot? Or was the rapid-fire retort of Kerry too much for him to handle?

Bush pissed me off. He got the question about who he would put in the Senate. After trying to be the entertainer with some jokes (what's with that damn head-bobbing?), he goes and says who he doesn't want in the Senate. Someone who wouldn't want to have the Pledge removed (or altered). Bush doesn't want that kind of opinion in the Senate. Isn't it an opinion either way? Do I really have to sit down with Mr. Bushtailed Monkeyface and explain he's defending a Pledge that hasn't always been what it currently is? :reallymad:

Fuck you George. I don't want your administration. I'm not 100% sure about Kerry, but I will take the lesser of two evils if need be.

Fuck you George. I don't want your administration. I'm not 100% sure about Kerry, but I will take the lesser of two evils if need be.

I agree....the whole thing sucks. That is why I am voting for the lesser of 2 evils also. That being the case......I guess we will both vote for Bush this year. ;)

It's pretty clear that there are enormous ideological, temperment and intelligence differences between these two candidates, and the battle lines are already drawn for supporters of each one. The only votes left are undecided voters, and at this point I'd have to say that to be undecided probably also means being uninformed on the issues our country has dealt with in the last four years...in other words, undecided voters have little interest in politics and current events...and that group will go to the Republicans at a pretty large rate. It's sad, but I'm afraid those blank-minded undecideds will decide who the next president is.

i fear for my/our country, for the direction in which it seems to be going, ALWAYS in a heightened state of emergency (whether warranted or not). what really gets to me is that people don't seem to understand that we were attacked ON BUSH'S WATCH! he already fucked up by ignoring prior info. why the fuck would we want him again? (he's not even sorry--he just wants to scare the shit out of everyone while picking our tax pockets, killing what's left of the middle class).

THE CANDIDATES

So Alike, Rivals Make It Personal

By JAMES BENNET

Published: October 10, 2004

ST. LOUIS, Oct. 9 - After two debates in which the presidential candidates have clashed over Iraq and North Korea, drug prices and jobs, a central question remains unasked: why do these two guys dislike each other so much?

It is not as if they have nothing in common. Since World War II, no two candidates have had such strikingly similar backgrounds of class and privilege, with so many points of overlap. These two not only attended Yale University two years apart, but were also members of the same secret society there, Skull and Bones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/10/national...artner=homepage

Election 2004: Even the Astrologers Can't Agree on the Outcome

Astrologers are foreseeing surprises--even mayhem-- this unpredictable political season.

By Shelley Ackerman

With the presidential race down to the wire, and the horoscopes and supplemental charts of George W. Bush, John F. Kerry, Richard Cheney, John Edwards, Laura Bush, Teresa Heinz Kerry, the USA, and election day itself studied and rehashed over the last several months, you'd think the astrologers of the world would have the 2004 presidential outcome nailed by now. But instead of forecasting the election results in a unified voice, we (the astrological community) seem to be just as divided as the nation itself. How is it that so many accomplished astrologers can earnestly and painstakingly study the exact same sets of data and yet come up with a different interpretation of what it all means?

The answer is:

This election will be closer than the one in 2000. That nearly all the astrologers agree upon, making it next to impossible to call.

Several specific sets of degrees in the charts ofboth sets of candidates are being activated at the same time, thereby confounding the best astro-analysts.

Interpretation of astrological data is a fine art, one that is subject to the individual astrologer’s life experiences, personal biases, and years of observation. By their very nature, interpretations do vary and legitimately so. Often the planets suggest a range of likely manifestations, and responsible astrologers are in the habit of providing several possible ways in which the given aspects and transits could play out. Astrologers all know of many instances where a specific transit has shown itself in a variety of similar but not identical way. Through constant observation, we continue to study, learn and to improve with experience. The question at hand is: Come November 2, 2004, will Saturn, Lord of Karma (now returning to George W. Bush’s natal Saturn) stand firm and teach the 43rd President a much-needed lesson, or reward him (as Saturn does) for lessons learned and responsibilities well executed?

Here is how several leading astrologers have called November 2, 2004:

"Jupiter in Libra will be transiting Kerry’s 11th house giving him a freer life, while Saturn turns retrograde in his 8th signifying rejection. Bush will be trapped in the White House and O’Reilly will be thrilled (but he’s about the only one). With the same old Mercury problem happening at the conventions (Mercury retro after the DNC and Mercury stationary direct at the end of the GOP’s), I can’t tell which disaster is worse: Florida or Kerry’s wife."

--Michael Lutin, Vanity Fair astrologer.

"Kerry's energy renews, slowly but constantly, as election time draws near. Kerry's element is fire; and his message burns clearer to voters. President Bush's campaign, however, takes on the element of water. Bush sees cloudier days since his convention bounce. Confusion and loss of vision characterize his campaign, and his lead in the polls eventually dissolves on election day."

--Robert Cohen Ph.D., mathematics professor and astrologer for 35 years.

John F. Kerry: Born Dec 11, 1943 @ 8:03 AM Denver, CO. Sun in Sagittarius, Moon in Gemini, Sagittarius Rising.

Positives: Venus and Jupiter on his midheaven could deliver the goods on election day. The October 28 lunar eclipse on his Venus can lend a last-minute helping hand; Jupiter stationing at the time of the Inauguration favorably aspects his Sun and Moon. This same Jupiter station is on the IC of the chart of the announcement of the Kerry/Edwards ticket (July 6, 2004 @ 7:30 AM Pittsburgh, PA) suggesting something about a "win" for the team.

Negatives: Kerry declared his candidacy on a void of course moon, accepted his party’s nomination (July 29, 2004 @ 10:22 PM EDT Boston) on not-so-thrilling aspects; Neptune on his natal midheaven provides glamour but can also point to martyrdom or victimization; Progressed Saturn (ruling responsibility) being challenged by Pluto now (more or less responsibility at hand?); transiting Saturn not playing a strong enough role.

Richard Cheney: Born January 30, 1941 @ 7:30 PM CST Lincoln, NE. Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Pisces, Virgo Rising.

Some are stunned that Cheney is still on the ticket. Neptune has been on his Sun which has contributed to his air of mystery but also to weakening his life force.

Positives: Jupiter in Libra making a favorable aspect to his Aquarian Sun; Progressed Moon about to conjoin his midheaven, making for a stronger connection to the public.

Negatives: Transiting Pluto about to square his Moon (prolonged emotional upheaval over the next year). Transiting Saturn opposing his Venus (rules his house of career, will there be a change or ending of present employment?). Progressed midheaven about to conjoin Pluto, signifying a complete transformation in career and overall destiny. Could he be the next president? And if so will his heart hold out? In October 2005, Mars stations on his Uranus, the ruler of his Sun (possibly indicating health problems or unexpected change in status). Uranus moves to his 7th house cusp (a change in partnership? And since a divorce from Lynne is unlikely, is it a divorce from his working partner, George W. Bush?).

John Edwards: Born June 10, 1953 @ 7:02 AM EST Seneca, SC. Sun in Gemini, Moon in Gemini, Cancer Rising.

Positives: Transiting Venus and Jupiter makes favorable aspects to his Moon Jupiter on Election Day pointing to popularity and exuberance; his progressed midheaven lines up with the ascendant for the chart on Inauguration Day (14 degrees Taurus); same day (January 20), transiting Jupiter favorably aspects progressed Jupiter; the October 28 lunar Eclipse on his Venus could give him an extra "shove" towards Washington.

Negatives: Transiting Pluto opposite his Sun could prove to be volcanic and unsettling; Saturn squaring his Saturn/Neptune combo may begin to wear him down. Ponder this: His natal ascendant on Bush’s Sun and his progressed Sun on George W’s ascendant could make for the most unlikely political bedfellows ever!

Laura Bush: Born November 4, 1946 @ 6 PM CST Midland, TX (birth time is approximate). Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Pisces, Taurus Rising.

Overall, The First Lady’s chart activity at this time points to more freedom. Her progressed Venus (as of November 1) has changed from conservative Capricorn to freedom-loving Aquarius. Her progressed Moon is at 29 Aries (another ending) forming a hard and "concluding" aspect to her midheaven. If Mrs. Bush remains in the White House, expect a different and less "confined" tone. Don’t be fooled by her super-pleasant demeanor: Laura’s a powerhouse. And in case you’re wondering, the last Scorpio first lady with the Moon in Pisces was Hillary Rodham Clinton!

Teresa Heinz Kerry: Born October 5, 1938 @ 6:18 PM EET Maputo, Mozambique. Sun in Libra, Moon in Aquarius (conjunct the USA chart’s Moon), Aries Rising.

Lucky Jupiter is hovering around her Mercury and Sun in November and stations in late January on her 7th house cusp, the part of the chart describing marriage, social popularity, and increased visibility before the public. This could mean she’s more in the public eye, or she gets her husband back and more time with him. Jupiter will also form a pleasant aspect to her progressed Sun (now conjoining her husband’s Sun). This, along with the new moon on her midheaven in January ’05 could strongly suggest a political team to be reckoned with. If Teresa becomes the next First Lady she will be the first Libra since Eleanor Roosevelt.

How about this for buying an election?

Corporate Tax Cut Bill

Sat Oct 23,12:30 AM ET

By PETE YOST, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) showered $136 billion in new tax breaks on businesses, farmers and other groups Friday, quietly signing the most sweeping rewrite of corporate tax law in nearly two decades.

...The legislation also includes about $10 billion in assistance for tobacco farmers.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...id=544&ncid=716

7 Bush Cousins Launch Pro-Kerry Web Site

BOSTON - There goes the invitation to the Texas ranch.

Seven distant relatives of President Bush have created a Web site urging visitors: "Please, don't vote for our cousin."

The Bush relatives, supporters of Democratic challenger John Kerry, say they've never met the president but disagree with his policies ranging from the war in Iraq to the environment.

Read entire story here.

Being a Blair supporter, I want Bush out. Hopefully put the stigma of their relationship in the past.

That and Bush comes across as an escaped mental patient.

I wont pretend to know much about kerry, but he HAS to be better. If Kerry really is just as bad, then I believe it is time for a regime change.

So anyone not voting - please put in an anti-bush vote for me :D

neither have i, redneck. it seems that the NYC board of elections hasn't sent my absentee ballot out yet so we're about to print out the .pdf of emergency ballot at fvap.gov but y'know, i don't hold much hope for the counting.

yeah, Malicious, that's where my biggest outrage comes from, the fact that something's definitely wrong w/him but so many see that as strong leadership (or however the fuck he calls it...totally transparent to me that he's fulla shit, for starters).

So what do people feel about the rumor that Kerry is expected to win handily thanks to the plethera of people who traditionally wouldn't vote [basically the 'I want to complain but not vote' youth vote], and nothing is being mentioned in the news because they feel that those people would then not bother?

Or the equally interesting rumor that Cheney demands that all people who want to talk to him, or interview him, must refer to him as Senator Palpatine?

So what do people feel about the rumor that Kerry is expected to win handily thanks to the plethera of people who traditionally wouldn't vote [basically the 'I want to complain but not vote' youth vote], and nothing is being mentioned in the news because they feel that those people would then not bother?

I think that is exactly what will happen.

I'm kind of dissapointed though cause I saw Kerry mention God too many times during his last speeches and that pisses me off although I think that's what most americans want to hear.

Many (too many) people in america think that if Kerry is elected then God will throw thunders from above and the Devil will come from the oceans to burn them all :lol::lol: