Bush Vs Kerry

DudeAsInCool

yeah, Malicious, that's where my biggest outrage comes from, the fact that something's definitely wrong w/him but so many see that as strong leadership (or however the fuck he calls it...totally transparent to me that he's fulla shit, for starters).

He is a good leader. I followed him all the way up to the aftermath of Iraq war. The I started to ask questions, then I started listening to other peoples. Before I knew it, I realised what a big mistake being behind Bush was.

So great leader - it is the direction that I am concerned about.

Great link LOTD.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of dissapointed though cause I saw Kerry mention God too many times during his last speeches and that pisses me off although I think that's what most americans want to hear.

That's what Kerry is famous for. He says anything he thinks Americans or anybody else wants to hear at the moment. He earned the "flip flopper" moniker.

Kerry rips Bush for ‘incredible incompetence’

Challenger cites disappearance of explosives in Iraq

MSNBC News Services

Updated: 2:38 a.m. ET Oct. 26, 2004

This article discusses the recent campaign rally in Phillidelphia on Monday.

Read more Here

Edited by GabrielYoungFan

This race will definitely be close and I am interested in hearing about how many young people will show up at the polls November 2, 2004. I feel this is a very important election and this will be my first time voting since I turned 18. So who do you think America will decide on and do you think the Young people will start a new changing trend in the Politics movement?

That's what Kerry is famous for. He says anything he thinks Americans or anybody else wants to hear at the moment. He earned the "flip flopper" moniker.

Bush is no better (or any other politician). He talks about religion and terrorism cause that's what americans want to hear. He doesn't give shit about any of that and you know it.

That's what Kerry is famous for.   He says anything he thinks Americans or anybody else wants to hear at the moment.  He earned the "flip flopper" moniker.

Look at George Bush's latest flip-flop in today's New York Times....he's done twice as many flips and flops as Kerry, and his desperation is getting to the crisis point. Here's the Headline of the story:

Bush Says His Party Is Wrong to Oppose Gay Civil Unions

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/26/politics...ogin&oref=login

Kerry For War in Iraq

1995: Kerry Was Prepared To Go To War To Remove Saddam From Kuwait. ABC’S COKIE ROBERTS: "Senator Kerry, that was something you voted against ... was that Persian Gulf war." SEN. JOHN KERRY: "I voted against the timing of it, Cokie. I said very clearly in my statement on the Senate floor that I was committed to getting Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait ... and that I was prepared to go to war if it took that ..." (ABC’s "Nightline," 11/27/95)

1997: Kerry Warned Senate Of Saddam’s WMD Capabilities. "It is not possible to overstate the ominous implications for the Middle East if Saddam were to develop and successfully militarize and deploy potent biological weapons. We can all imagine the consequences. Extremely small quantities of several known biological weapons have the capability to exterminate the entire population of cities the size of Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. These could be delivered by ballistic missile, but they also could be delivered by much more pedestrian means; aerosol applicators on commercial trucks easily could suffice. If Saddam were to develop and then deploy usable atomic weapons, the same holds true." (Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 11/9/97, p. S12256)

1998: Kerry Willing To Commit Ground Troops In Iraq. KERRY: "I think there is a disconnect between the depth of the threat that Saddam Hussein presents to the world and what we are at the moment talking about doing. ... [T]hen we have to be prepared to go the full distance, which is to do everything possible to disrupt his regime and to encourage the forces of democracy." ABC’S COKIE ROBERTS: "And does that mean ground troops in Iraq?" KERRY: "I am personally prepared, if that’s what it meant." (ABC’s "This Week," 2/22/98)

1998: Kerry Said Saddam Had Chemical And Biological Weapons. KERRY: "[H]e can rebuild both chemical and biological. And every indication is, because of his deception and duplicity in the past, he will seek to do that. So we will not eliminate the problem for ourselves or for the rest of the world with a bombing attack." (ABC’s "This Week," 2/22/98)

2001: Kerry Said Saddam Has Used WMDs And Is Trying To Secure Additional Weapons. SEN. JOHN KERRY: "t is something that we know-for instance, Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction against his own people, and there is some evidence of their efforts to try to secure these kinds of weapons and even test them." (CBS’ "Face The Nation," 9/23/01)

2001: Kerry Says Saddam "Acted Like A Terrorist." KERRY: "He is and has acted like a terrorist, and he has engaged in activities that are unacceptable." (Fox News’ "The O’Reilly Factor," 12/11/01)

2001: Kerry Says Need To Increase Pressure On Saddam. KERRY: " think we ought to put the heat on Saddam Hussein. I’ve said that for a number of years, Bill. I criticized the Clinton administration for backing off of the inspections, when Ambassador Butler was giving us strong evidence that we needed to continue. I think we need to put the pressure on, no matter what the evidence is about September 11 ..." (Fox News’ "The O’Reilly Factor," 12/11/01)

2001: Kerry Says Iraq Part Of Global War On Terror. KERRY: "I think we clearly have to keep the pressure on terrorism globally. This doesn’t end with Afghanistan by any imagination. And I think the president has made that clear. I think we have made that clear. Terrorism is a global menace. It’s a scourge. And it is absolutely vital that we continue, for instance, Saddam Hussein." (CNN’s "Larry King Live," 12/14/01)

2002: Kerry Agrees With Goal Of Regime Change In Iraq. "I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq ..." (Sen. John Kerry, Speech To The 2002 DLC National Conversation, New York, NY, 7/29/02)

2002: Kerry Calls Saddam A "Renegade And Outlaw." "... Saddam Hussein is a renegade and outlaw who turned his back on the tough conditions of his surrender put in place by the United Nations in 1991." (Sen. John Kerry, Speech To The 2002 DLC National Conversation, New York, NY, 7/29/02)

2002: Kerry Wrote Saddam Inviting Enforcement If He Does Not Comply With International Community. "If Saddam Hussein is unwilling to bend to the international community's already existing order, then he will have invited enforcement ..." (Sen. John Kerry, Op-Ed, "We Still Have A Choice On Iraq," The New York Times, 9/6/02)

2002: Kerry Said Iraq’s WMDs May Be Given Or Sold To Terrorist Groups. "I would disagree with John McCain that it’s the actual weapons of mass destruction he may use against us, it’s what he may do in another invasion of Kuwait or in a miscalculation about the Kurds or a miscalculation about Iran or particularly Israel. Those are the things that - that I think present the greatest danger. He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat." (CBS’ "Face The Nation," 9/15/02)

2002: Kerry Said President Has Right To Act Unilaterally. "But the president, as I also wrote in that article, always reserves the right to act unilaterally protect [sic] the interests of our country." (MSNBC’s "Hardball," 9/17/02)

2002: Kerry Said US Has Right To Protect Our Security. "If the UN fails to cooperate, ‘we always reserve the right to do what we need to do to protect our security,’ Kerry said." (Susan Milligan, "Confronting Iraq," The Boston Globe, 10/4/02)

2002: Kerry Voted For Iraq War Resolution. (H.J. Res. 114, CQ Vote #237: Passed 77-23: R 48-1; D 29-21; I 0-1, 10/11/02, Kerry Voted Yea)

2003: Kerry Said Leaving Saddam Hussein "Unfettered With Nuclear Weapons Or Weapons Of Mass Destruction Is Unacceptable." (Jill Lawrence, "War Issue Challenges Democratic Candidates," USA Today, 2/12/03)

2003: Kerry Says Disarming Saddam Was "Right Decision." KERRY: "George, I said at the time I would have preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." (ABC News Democrat Presidential Candidates Debate, Columbia, SC, 5/3/03)

2003: Kerry Said "It Would Be Irresponsible" To Suggest President Misled On WMD. ABC’S GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: "I know you said you’re agnostic about whether or not he misled the public on weapons of mass destruction. But do you have a hunch on whether you think they hyped the intelligence?" SEN. JOHN KERRY: "George, again, I think it would be irresponsible of me at this point to draw conclusions prior to all the evidence being on the table." (ABC’s "This Week," 6/15/03)

The Bush administration did more flips and flops than that in the last 24 hours, trying to come up with any excuse they could think of as to why the explosives in Iraq disappeared on their watch. It's their style...throw as much on the wall as you can, hoping something will stick. My favorite excuse: "We've got to figure out what happened".

It's interesting to note that you have nothing listed since Kerry became a Presidential candidate....

He has been more consistant the last 6 months after a lifetime of being spineless. I don't think there is an issue he has not been on both sides of.

Consistency is hobgoblin of small minds :lol: For the record, go back and take a look at GW's campaign promises in 2000 on Foreign Affairs, the environment and education. He did triple flips backwards. The only promise he has kept is on cutting taxes - and you know who is the beneficiary of that...

He has been more consistant the last 6 months after a lifetime of being spineless.

If spineless is volunteering to go to Viet Nam, risking his life to save another while getting wounded in the process, then having the courage to come home and speak out AGAINST a war that was hopelessly bungled by Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon....then what the hell do you call NOT volunteering for Viet Nam service while dodging combat by using Daddy's pull to get into the National Guard....and then stiffing them. There is no comparison, redneck, and your remark was poorly chosen.

This is no battle or competition Dude. Redneck is my friend and I fight for his ability to express his opinion here. I just think calling Kerry spineless in regard to his past reversals regarding Iraq is not good judgement. He's proven his guts many times over. Most of the Iraq/Saddam reversals owe to the fact that Bush used deceptive reasons for invading the country....then the Republicans tarred and feathered anyone who objected to the invasion, accusing them of not being patriotic. But Kerry is fair game for some degree of misjudgement in supporting Bush at all. Not cowardice.

do you think the Young people will start a new changing trend in the Politics movement?

Yes and No. I know way more people that are going to vote than those who aren't. A lot of people I know are passionate about some huge issue, and that is their motivation for voting. My roommate however, has no interest in politics or anything involving anything of any value, so she is not voting.

this will be my first time voting since I turned 18

But you voted beforehand?

There seems to be a lot at stake this time. A lot of strong feelings must be good for voting numbers. So it makes sense to me that young people will turn out.

Perhaps the result of a country being at war, perhaps the success of fighting on fear rather than hopes. Perhaps my age means I dont correctly remember the last election. Something seems different though.

Malicious Intent: I didn't have much political interest than so No I didn't vote back then. I guess it took time for me to mature.