Bush Vs Kerry

DudeAsInCool

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just voted for every democrat I could find on my ballot...along with the rest of the fruits and nuts in my state. No one was there to intimidate my vote - if anyone had, I threatened to join the NRA :lol:

My prediction: Kerry will win based on the get out the vote drive.

Early exit polls in Ohio suggest the voters are more interested in JOBS then they are in the War on Terrorism & that spells bad news for the Elephants. Here's the lastest info - Kerry in the lead in almost all the key states by a sliver.

http://www.slate.com/id/2109053/

The first wave of exit-poll data reaching my desk comes from a variety of sources. In some states the sources disagree about the specific margin by which a candidate leads, but never about which candidate is out in front. Some of the confusion may stem from the mixing of morning exit-poll numbers with early afternoon numbers. With those provisos and the understanding that the early numbers are predictive of nothing without their accompanying computer model, here's what I've heard:

Florida

Kerry 50

Bush 49

Ohio

Kerry 50

Bush 49

Pennsylvania

Kerry 54

Bush 45

Wisconsin

Kerry 51

Bush 46

Michigan

Kerry 51

Bush 47

Minnesota

Kerry 58

Bush 40

Nevada

Kerry 48

Bush 50

New Mexico

Kerry 50

Bush 48

North Carolina

Kerry 49

Bush 51

Colorado

Kerry 46

Bush 53

Other exit-poll results have arrived in more vague form, with Kerry leading Bush in New Hampshire but trailing him in Arizona and Louisiana.

Exit polls are notoriously erratic, so I wouldn't take them as gospel yet. Indications are that Kerry is looking good in the early going, but there's still a lot of ballgame left.....plus the Ohio and Florida lawsuits that will come.

Zogby calls it

It's one pollster's prediction, and hours before the nets weigh in with their calls, but at 5 p.m. ET, pollster John Zogby calls the race for John Kerry, with landslide proportions: 311 to 213 electoral votes, and only two states too close to call: Nevada and Colorado. But, what's this? Zogby's final-final poll has Bush winning the popular vote, but just barely, 49.4 to 49.1 percent, and not really, when you consider the margin of error, +/- 3.2 percent.

Stay tuned for an exciting night.

-- Geraldine Sealey

[14:41 PST, Nov. 2, 2004]

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/

Zogby calls it

It's one pollster's prediction, and hours before the nets weigh in with their calls, but at 5 p.m. ET, pollster John Zogby calls the race for John Kerry, with landslide proportions: 311 to 213 electoral votes, and only two states too close to call: Nevada and Colorado. But, what's this? Zogby's final-final poll has Bush winning the popular vote, but just barely, 49.4 to 49.1 percent, and not really, when you consider the margin of error, +/- 3.2 percent.

Stay tuned for an exciting night.

-- Geraldine Sealey

[14:41 PST, Nov. 2, 2004]

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/

The news said that people are waiting over two hours to vote.

Don't know how people can wait that long? I can only tactical vote around here, so my motivation is low, but they said on the news that it is difficult to imaging anyone waiting that long. feelings must be really strong.

I'm crossing everything tonight in the hope that I don't wake up tomorrow to discover another 4yrs of Bush.

Please please please let him lose. And please please please can Kerry be better!

6 p.m. Exit polls

by kos

Tue Nov 2nd, 2004 at 22:36:35 GMT

Getting close to real results. But these are the last batch of exits.

Grain of salt and all that...

Kerry Bush

PA 53 46

FL 51 49

NC 48 52

OH 51 49

MO 46 54

AK 47 53

MI 51 47

NM 50 49

LA 43 56

CO 48 51

AZ 45 55

MN 54 44

WI 52 47

IA 49 49

Exit polls are notoriously erratic, so I wouldn't take them as gospel yet. Indications are that Kerry is looking good in the early going, but there's still a lot of ballgame left.....plus the Ohio and Florida lawsuits that will come.

I don't think anyone here is taking any poll as "gospel"... it just looks hopeful and hope is good :)

All my friends excluding one voted for Kerry however, my college is a strong Bush Supporter. Most of Middle GA is. However, people I talked to personally voted for Kerry, but this one is going to be close.

Updated numbers:

Updated Late Afternoon Numbers

Mucho flattering to Kerry; plus Nader makes an appearance.

By Jack Shafer

Updated Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2004, at 4:28 PM PT

Florida

Kerry 51

Bush 49

Ohio

Kerry 51

Bush 49

Michigan

Kerry 52

Bush 46

Nader 1