Bush Vs Kerry

DudeAsInCool

I blame the press.

bah...motherfuckers, all. some of the more eloquent political bloggers (e.g., atrios) have been doing a much better job to make up for the slack.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The liberals had him outnumbered but never outgunned. He was always up for debate/argument/diatribe and never at a loss for words. :good job:

I hope he is havin' good luck with his goat pickin'. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't recall any sensible, coherent arguments he made...his lack of truthfulness undercut virtually everything he said.

I can't recall what I did yesterday either so it is not a reflection on him that I can't recall any sensible arguments right off hand. My general memory is that I agreed with him on lots of things although he could be a little extreme in his views and aggressive/hostile in his arguments. His temper was such that I wouldn't want to argue with him face to face if I knew he had a gun. He seemed capable of screamin' and shootin' simultaneously. I may yell at you for some reason or shoot you for damn good reason but I am very unlikely to do both. :)

That was interesting, Koop. That poll had it broken down plenty of ways and was very informative. It may be a very well done poll but several others have put the race much closer. Since popular vote is not the determining factor, it is also very important to know which states are leaning which way to get a better estimate of each candidate's chances. There are so many polls and so many variables, I guess the bottom line is we will just have to vote for the demagogue of our choice, see who wins and hope for the best. That's why we have elections. Scary ain't it?

Yeah, and all polls use different methods of tabulatiing their numbers. The Gallup poll, which has Bush leading by 13 points is weighted heavier with Republican respondents, and I suspect the CRS/NY Times is as well, even though both are thought of as liberal media outlets. Other polls, such as the Pew poll have a much tighter race because of the more controlled formula used. All that said, I'd suspect Bush leads by at least 5% if I had to guess.

My general feeling is that race is closer than 5% but I am not basing that on any poll, just an accumulation of things I have read. When it gets real close there is a very distinct possibility of having a majority of electoral votes without a majority of popular votes. I hope whoever wins gets the majority of both without the courts, recounts and so on. I'm gettin' too old for all the drama. It detracts from the issues of governing the country.

I hope whoever wins gets the majority of both without the courts, recounts and so on. I'm gettin' too old for all the drama. It detracts from the issues of governing the country.

Old warhorse Democratic Senator Robert Byrd was especially miffed that Bush always had the swagger of a president who had a clear mandate, and most disturbingly to him, virtually cut off the information chain to the House and Senate.

He is not the only one miffed. :lol:

On a lighter note, check out the pic. This kid's hair is in a W for Bush. She is not old enough to have this idea for herself I think. I'm a Bush supporter but really......what parent would do this to their little girl or at least not try to talk her out of it?

post-91-1095480447.jpg

He is not the only one miffed. :lol:

On a lighter note, check out the pic. This kid's hair is in a W for Bush. She is not old enough to have this idea for herself I think. I'm a Bush supporter but really......what parent would do this to their little girl or at least not try to talk her out of it?

Good grief, that's terrible. Reminds me of the old Our Gang/Little Rascals shorts...every time Alfalfa, with his cowlick, or Buckwheat with his pigtails got scared by a ghost or something, their hair would stand up like that......

I remember those flicks. They were great for the day. My stepdad was buddies with alfalfa before he got famous. That was soooo long ago. I never knew anybody famous. I guess knowing me is the kiss of death. :lol: Once you say hello to me your future is shot to hell. :)

I guess I ought to go introduce myself to Kerry.... :rotfl:

Once you say hello to me your future is shot to hell. :)

I guess I ought to go introduce myself to Kerry.... :rotfl:

I believe the Swiftboat Fabricators beat you to Kerry. He's smelling like toast unless Bush starts speaking in tongues and eating boogers on camera during the debates.

He's smelling like toast unless Bush starts speaking in tongues and eating boogers on camera during the debates.

It's possible. He frequently speaks in tongues now so it's not that much of a stretch. :(

Maybe I should introduce myself to Nader instead.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._on_el_pr/nader

When Nader tours Florida, he'll be able to feed the throngs of followers he draws with a pack of the lunchbox sized Fritos....he's on the ballot to get the votes of the folks who hate both genuine candidates and don't mind pissing away their vote.

The general consensus is that he helps Bush. I am pro Bush but I still think he detracts from the election. If you don't want to vote at all then it doesn't matter but if you hate both candidates you really should decide which lesser of two evils you want. If you hate one a little less than the other then I feel you should vote for that one. I am really "anybody but Kerry" so I will vote for Bush. Even if I thought Nader hung the moon I wouldn't vote for him because he has no chance. I would hate to vote for Nader then Kerry wins. I would always think that I should have voted for Bush because he may have won if enough Nader voters had voted for someone with a chance. The same thing is true for someone that feels, "anybody but Bush" even though they like Nader. They need to vote Kerry in my opinion. It is a free country and each person is free to vote as they please but my opinion is Nader detracts. I am sure the Nader voters have a different opinion and they are entitled to it and I respect that.

• 2 weeks later...

PARLEZ-VOUS POLITICAL FREE FALL?

By Ann Coulter

Recent polls show Bush ahead of Kerry by 9 points (CBS/NYT), 6 points (Gallup) or 3 points (Zogby). One Pew poll even put Bush ahead of Kerry by 16 points. The average of national polls has Bush 6 points ahead. Apparently, just like in Vietnam, it's taken Kerry only four months to piss off everyone around him.

The polls for Kerry are so bad that Al Hunt and Michael Moore are starting to yelp, "The polls mean nothing! Ignore the polls!" The only polls liberals ever considered "unimpeachable" were the ones that showed high approval ratings for Clinton during his impeachment -- who never got a 50 percent approval rating from Americans in an actual election.

Soon Democrats will be wheeling out the old chestnut about the only poll that counts being the one they take on Dec. 2 (or whenever they finish the recount demanded by Democrats after Kerry's loss).

Read entire story here.

Big performance by Kerry in the debate tonight...he helped his standing in the minds of the undecided with his calm demeanor and substantive answers. Bush, for the most part, looked like a deer in the headlights. Reminded me of his face on 9/11 after his plane finally landed in Louisiana and he had to face the cameras and try to look calm and in control.

No doubt, he made Bushie look monkey-like tonight.

Bush is pretty used to having a staff at his elbow prodding him with wording. Any time he's forced to develop his own wording he looks bad.

We sat and laughed our damn heads off at the expressions he pulled when he wasn't sure what he could say.

Ann Coulter is a certifiable moron

oh Dude, you're too nice (i call her a poisonous cunt). i've been talking to a guy w/a blog and we're thinking of digging down to research where exactly she came from cause we never heard of her until a few years back...w/so much venom and vitriol (even more than me!) we think she must have something fucked in her past and enquiring minds wanna know (well, i do).

Ann Coulter is also a cerifiable liar - her prose is all bullshit anti-anything democratic hyperbole.

Watched the debates. Neither candidate faced the audience/tv screen, which is a big mistake. I felt Kerry had the edge, but I felt the debate centered too much on the war instead of the economy and the environment. Bush maintained that Iraq was the cornerstone to containing terrorism, while Kerry said that Iraq was a mistake and worsened the problem. The main thing I noticed was that Bush could not contain the anger and frustration on his face, so his defensiveness cost him during the exchange..and that's why I gave Kerry, who was far more composed and eloquent, the edge in Round 1