What Kind Of American Accent Do You Have?

DudeAsInCool

well of course there are bound to be connections... the Irish populated most of the planet y'all :rolleyes:
This is what it says... and of course it can't be wrong...

What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)

Midland

("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz

Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

Edited by Umma

Then again... If I'm not mistaken, I learned my English from kid TV shows when I was little, so who can blame me for not having a Southern accent lol.

My Results:

full_428371978.jpg

Midland

("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.

"Northern"

Whoever wrote this did not even try to figure out the differences in New England dialects--there's actually a big difference between Bahston, nothern Vo Dilun, southern Rodilan, and Swamp Yankee...

I voted "meh." A better designed questionnaire should have placed me about 25 miles south of Provdince...: lol:

A better designed questionnaire should have placed me about 25 miles south of Provdince...: lol:

They got the accent right, but in terms of geographical location, they were only 2000 miles off

My Results:

full_428371978.jpg

Midland

oh didn't know there was a quiz. i thought you were just asking, in which i'd say a combo of Valleygirl, Grunge, techie-boy (the last two thanks to Yahoo-boy), Brooklyn, and my best 'mature adult' American voice (when i need something from back there).

wait, brb.

whoa, big surprise: i have a Northern accent. dummies should've differentiated between 'northern' and brooklyn, new joisey, massachusetts, like that. i demand a refund! i want my two minutes back! :lol::skullbones:

My Results:

full_230021243.jpg

Northeastern

Most people don't know it but this is actually what dictionaries are based on. If you don't believe me, pick up any American dictionary and look up "source" and "sauce" and you'll see they are written with the same vowel pronunciation.