After some sympathy

Well my excuse for not coming here has always been that music isn't a big part of my life. I never thought it mattered. That was until my harddrive crashed and I lost my entire collection :-( Not a single song burnt to CD. Now it's all gone I know how much I took it for granted.

Since this site is for music lovers, I thought it wise to come here for some sympathy (and hopefully as few comments about backing up as possible!).

I feel your pain and welcome to Beatking.

Let us know if there are any files that you can't find/replace.

Maybe someone here has 'em and can help you get back what you had.

PS..ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES ....lol

buy a zip drive or at least backup on CD-RWs

1) Never trust a computer

2) Back up

3) Back up the back up

I have 100 disks of back ups that I never listen to though so maybe it's no big loss :)

Music Hater!

Its even worse. I knew the HD I had my music stored on was on its last legs. As my collection grew I slowly forgot about the problems I had had.

Thanks for the kind words MikeHunt, but most of my music was pop-trash and none of it particularly rare.

I'm going to look at this as a clean start.

Rule number 1: NEVER EVER download Missy Elliot songs. The radio may somehow make her sound good, but it is all crap.

I had a newsgroup reader. It was kind of a pointless thing. So I deleted it. A window opened asking me if I wanted to delete the downloads too. I had never downloaded any thing from the reader anyway, so I said yes. I sat in horror as every mp3 I had ever downloaded evaporated. Fortunately, I had about 85% of it backed up. But still quite a bit was lost.

had a newsgroup reader. It was kind of a pointless thing. So I deleted it. A window opened asking me if I wanted to delete the downloads too. I had never downloaded any thing from the reader anyway, so I said yes. I sat in horror as every mp3 I had ever downloaded evaporated. Fortunately, I had about 85% of it backed up. But still quite a bit was lost.

Like cotton candy in a rainstorm....melting away......

MI..usually the HD files can be somewhat recovered... if.... you take it to the right place.

One of my friends had a similar thing happen...he was able to recover about 70% of the files(from the dude at the computer repair place).

It cost him about 30 bucks after he purchased a new HD from them.

I had about 300 albums stolen from my house sometime during a college bash. I can remember every single one of them to this day. Hopefully, people here can help you restore your lost treasures :) And thanx again for the birthday wish the other day

malicious, i feel your pain. but if that hadn't happened, you maybe wouldn't be here, so welcome aboard. B)

and the magic word is.....?

Back up!

MikeHunt: I don't think I'm taking my computer home at Easter to see if my brother can do anything. It is in a bad way though!

You seem to have done it all Rainbow. Losing an original download of "milkshake" due to a harddrive crash isn't as bad as 200 orginal pressings in a house fire!

Now I've got to decide what I want. I loved my Britpop, but I never really listened to it. I also never listened to Eminem or 2pac anymore. It has't been the right weather. I was totally over playing The Thrills, Darkness, White Stripes Outkast "hey ya"... When I start to type I realise how much I had. I'm not sure if to re-aquire them and get back into my old loop, or if to start afresh. Lot's of it I could find on my LAN, but there are more fakes and less organisation than Kazaa!

Anyway, I'll be around the site and hanging on every word you all say!