Clear the cobwebs! What was your first album?

rainbowdemon

• 5 weeks later...

I dont buy albums!!

Wait.. anyway the first one I got I think was some Primus but that was way back in the day and I didnt actually buy it, my dad did. I think my first ever bought album was Korn Untouchables.

I dont buy albums!!

Wait.. anyway the first one I got I think was some Primus but that was way back in the day and I didnt actually buy it, my dad did. I think my first ever bought album was Korn Untouchables.

Well.....I bought the albums......the 8 track tapes...the casettes.......the CDs.....the, the .....oops....now it's P2P!!

Well, the first 45 I ever received was far earlier than anything I ever bought. It was a touching rendition of all of the songs from the movie Lady and the Tramp.

We are Siamese was my favorite, but a certain satisfaction could be gained by playing the 2-3 minute "song" of the dogs howling. It made our own dog join in every time.

My first album was Meet The Beatles, back in 1964. My first 5 albums were all Beatle albums, a string finally broken by a Dave Clark 5 album.

My first 45 RPM single was by The Chiffons (He's So Fine). That's right.....I'm older than dirt.

Which single was "She's So Fine" the flip side of, old codger? And welcome aboard, Kooperman :)

Edited by DudeAsInCool

Which single was "She's So Fine" the flip side of, old codger? And welcome aboard, Kooperman :)

How about "Oh, My Lover"? Betcha didn't think I'd get that, eh? However, being an old codger, I reserve the right to forget anything at any time, although I'm relatively certain I remembered to put underwear on today.

How about "Oh, My Lover"? Betcha didn't think I'd get that, eh?  However, being an old codger, I reserve the right to forget anything at any time, although I'm relatively certain I remembered to put underwear on today.

Nope, it was the flip side of a Beatles single--was it Twist and Shout?--ol, ive forgotten msyelf which one. I will have to go to the Beatles site to remember...I do remember the cover of the 45--the beatles performing, with a bluish modern set in the b.g. :P

Edited by DudeAsInCool

Nope, it was the flip side of a Beatles single--was it Twist and Shout?--ol, ive forgotten msyelf which one. I will have to go to the Beatles site to remember...I do remember the cover of the 45--the beatles performing, with a bluish modern set in the b.g. :P

http://www.bobshannon.com/stories/hesofine.html

After some Yahooing, I'm vindicated! Check out the paragraph about the Laurie single, "He's So Fine".

It would help if i remember to quiz you on the right song title.. lol ...

It was: I Feel Fine. And the song on the flip side of the 45 was:

She's a Woman Capitol 5327 - November 23, 1964.

How was the Laurie single?

Edited by DudeAsInCool

• 2 months later...

My first albums that I actually personally chose to buy were Kiss - Dynasty and Foreigner - 4. I got them both from a swap meet shortly after moving into a new home. I recall my parents being disapproving b/c the faces of Kiss on the album looked evil or satanic. I recall that the first song, "I Was Made For Lovin' You" was scratched, but I loved it anyways. I would sing it with the scratch. It is the only album I've had in LP, cassette, & CD. As far as cassette goes, I think my parents gave me an Elton John album. Something with a song that had "paradise" in the title. I don't know what possessed them to buy EJ for me. I never asked for it. Guess they figured it was better than Knights In Satan's Service. lol

And finally, I think the first CD I received was Kiss - Music from The Elder. I don't know how I acquired it, but I know it was a couple years before I even got a CD player.

Aside from the EJ reference, Kiss and Foreigner were the bands I grew up with and basically started me on my path to Rock & Roll. I still enjoy both bands to this day.