Clear the cobwebs! What was your first album?

rainbowdemon

So long ago... not so clear....

It was either

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

James Taylor - Mud Slide Slim

Slade - Sladest

Queen and Slade I bought with pocket money.... James Taylor was given to me by a cousin who thought it was no longer cool for him to have in his collection...

• 2 months later...

i asked my dad to buy me a beatles album but he brought me the stones instead (can't remember either of the titles from so long ago, but both are the first ones released in the states). the radio was full of beatles at the time and the only thing i knew from the stones was 'not fade away' (loved it). anyway, after he got home i threw on the stones album and never looked back. :P

I think it was the beatles - rubber soul, which amazingly enough still plays well now, no scratches, when I think of the player I had, sheesh, I remember having to put a penny on the arm sometimes so it wouldn't skip on some albums.

My first albums that I actually personally chose to buy were Kiss...[snip]...I recall my parents being disapproving b/c the faces of Kiss on the album looked evil or satanic.

My first LP was Kiss Alive II...my mother tried to confiscate it after seeing the picture of Gene Simmons drooling blood on the front cover!

First 45? I know what the first 45 was I listened to, though I doubt I had bought this because I was probably only 5 or 6 when it came out, but Glen Campbell's cover of Otis Redding's "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay." First one I bought was Aerosmith's "Kings And Queens" since the track skipped really bad on my Draw The Line LP. I don't remember what was on the other side. I also had a 45 of Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water, but somehow I think I got that later. I was never that big on 45's.

I have no idea what the first cassette tape was. 8-tracks...again I don't think I actually bought any, though the Sears stereo I had as a kid had an 8-track recorder! So I used to make my own 8-tracks. No wait an minute! I know I had a copy of Ted Nugent's Wango Tango on 8-track...I either bought it or stole it, I can't remember. Same thing with Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door.

First CD? I won Medicine's Shot Forth Self Living off the local college radio station, and it sat around for at least a year until I accumulated several other CD's through gifts, then I finally gave in and bought a CD boom box. Then I kicked myself for not listening to the Medicine earlier, as it is still one of my favorites.

But that Kiss album still cracks me up...what mother wouldn't be offended by that back in 1978?

post-59-1084124587.jpg

My first 45 was a song called "Tracy", by The Cuff Links! Anybody remember THAT one? If you do........... :hug:

It wasn't my first one probably but I still have my copy. Decca release backed with Where Do You Go. Both Songs written by Paul Vance and Lee Pockriss. The lead singer is Ron Dante.....also lead singer for The Archies, The Pipkins, The Detergents. He is still performing and has a new cd coming out soon. You redneck bubblegum pervert.

• 4 years later...