Wassup For the Weekend - 1/27/06

DudeAsInCool

Was gonna go up to Seattle this weekend and visit the relatives, but the flu has knocked me back. Grrrrrrrr... I think it will be tea, vitamin c and sleep for me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take the kids to swimming lessons, watch some movies with them, introduce them to hard drugs.

I guess I only plan to do two of the above. ;) The other is for eager eyes.

Still unseasonably warm here. I balk at putting pants on.

(I'm clean and sober 27 days now. :hyper: Woo!

Right on!

It's tough but if you think it was necessary then it was. Good for you.

Congratulations Warflower. You're a strong woman! :yup:

I'm going to take my kids out to dinner this evening and buy myself some more work clothes. Why I can't take school pictures in a nice pair of jeans is beyond me :(

Tomorrow, I need to round up all my pictures and put them into photo albums(the invention of digital cameras has screwed me there...I am so lazy now)

Sunday, I may finish my kitchen! :bigsmile:

Right on!

It's tough but if you think it was necessary then it was. Good for you.

It was long overdue... <_>

I had to stop completely and shut out most of my friends for a while. Tough? uh...yeah...extremely.

Thanks Shawn.

Edited by Warflower

I'm clean and sober 27 days now. :hyper: Woo! Hoo!

Way to go & congratulations! Hit some meetings this weekend! :good job:

Totally forgot I have an anniversary coming up with all that myself in about a month... :D

This weekend though I have five sets of World Civ exams to correct, and the paper detailing the table of contents for my MA thesis that was sort of due like a couple weeks ago...which I was JUST WORKING ON ACTUALLY before I surfed over here for some reason...Tara has THE headcold from Hell, so I am going to try to make things easier for her with chores and kids, who have been like cats and dogs lately...Ian has swimmming class tomorrow morning, think I am supposed to be taking them all to the Y for Kids Gym...Its been rather cold the last couple days which sucks because winter sucks. But this week pretty much blew at work--exam week is always a PITA, people throwing papers at me all week from way back..."Can I still turn this in?" & the ever popular inevitable next question "So what do I have now?"

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!

We are discovering all these tiny snails now in the tadpole tank we started last weekend...like 4 of them...they must have been hiding in the plants we got. <_>

:wacko: whoa you have a full card there CTC. Good luck this weekend. You can always take the kids to see a movie in the afternoon...that'll kill a good 3 hrs. ;)

I did the cold turkey..no meetings. Just steering clear of the bars and people who drink. I've been knitting, doing glass, eating sunflower seeds and plenty of water. Just trying to keep busy. I feel realllly good...that's enough incentive...not as tired anymore. I do get urges though...BIG TIME. :nope:

I keep telling myself that I'm not missing anything and everything and everyone that's important to me is right here at home. :wub:

Edited by Warflower

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Tonight, party at a club so FREE DRINKS for me :) then maybe my friends' apartment afterwards and maybe I'll crash there. I was supposed to work on a computer today for some cash, but that fell through b/c they got busy or something... sucks.

Saturday... sober up, then gonna go pick up some money that's owed to me and maybe that guy will bring his computer over for me to work on. I might work on that hip hop mix that method was asking about if I have a spare hour or two. Not too sure about the rest of the day, so it's IN PROGRESS...

Sunday... going to try to head back to my house to get some stuff b/c I won't be able to go hardly at all when this whole frat process starts. Then I have a meeting late at night... dunno what to expect!

Wow, guess the pay was good for that movie you made, Dudeback Mountain..... :lol:

You mean Bareback Mountain :lol: Actually, I did pick up an assignment today :)

Congrats, WF! Green Tea!

:wacko: whoa you have a full card there CTC.  Good luck this weekend.  You can always take the kids to see a movie in the afternoon...that'll kill a good 3 hrs.  ;)

I did the cold turkey..no meetings.  Just steering clear of the bars and people who drink.  I've been knitting, doing glass, eating sunflower seeds and plenty of water.  Just trying to keep busy.  I feel realllly good...that's enough incentive...not as tired anymore.  I do get urges though...BIG TIME.  :nope:

I keep telling myself that I'm not missing anything and everything and everyone that's important to me is right here at home. :wub:

Warflower, my husband has been sober for 3 years and 24 days as of today 1-27-06 and he did it cold turkey. You obviously can too! That can't be easy and you deserve all the praise in the world for it, keep it up. :wub: :jammintwo:

And thankyou for the compliment :bigsmile: I want my hair dark again...so it's like looking at dark hair talking myself into it again :lol:

Edited by Amber