Nugent Offers To Shoot Bears After Fatal Mauling

tednugent.jpgWinnipeg - Rocker and hunting enthusiast Ted Nugent has volunteered to shoot bears in Manitoba following a fatal mauling of a 68-year-old man in the province last week.

In an e-mail to a Winnipeg newspaper, the guitarist known as "The Motor City Madman" offered his condolences to the family of East Selkirk farmer Harvey Robinson, who was killed by a black bear while picking plums on his property on Friday.

Nugent also said in the e-mail he believes his hunting skills would help protect people from bears.

Read entire story here.

Ted, although able to well articulate the hunting debate at times, has more than proven himself to be an ass. We have more than enough hunters to be able to control the bears. Its not the bears that need to be controlled though, its the encroachment on their habitat that is causing the problem. If you want to keep building houses, and communities in the socalled wilderness in bear country, guess what, you are going to go face to face with some bears, and you are not going to win. I help out at a hunting store, and see more of my share of folks asking how to deal with deer. The answer is simple, and they dont like it. Most are socalled nature lovers, but they dont love it when nature takes a liking to their plants, and implants themselves in the front of their vehicles. These are not your pet cockerspanials, or persians. Hell I had to try and explain to one ass why a buck responded in a rather poor fashon to his snort wheeze on an electronic deer call. He was chased. Jesus H Christ he just challenged a fucking 10 pointer to a fight just in hopes of getting a picture. Get a grip, and learn about what you are dealing with before you move into the woods.

Gawd, I must be on a roll this last while. LOL

Actually, I have found I have been restraining my comments too much at times. So much so that I feel that some people thought I was scared to post my views. Not so, i just always wanted to be seen as remaining neutral to the point that it hurt. PS Joe if you hunt this season try a CASS CREEK deer call. I couldnt believe how well it works. The fawn bleat is great for calling coyotes. I did a field test on the call and it works. I dont use it normally, as I call using my voice.

I wish I could sympathize with bears, but I can't say I'd care if there were no bears at all in existence.

It's not because of this mauling, but just the general fact that I just don't give a flying fuck.

I feel this way about top-of-the-food-chain land predators; especially ones that are capable of killing humans. Though they may control other populations, as creatures themselves, I don't really care if they get shot.

I'm not calling for a deliberate wipe out; I'm just saying screw protection. I am human and king of the earth. All is my territory.

Shoot them if you want to.

Nugent is still an asshole.

Gawd, I must be on a roll this last while. LOL

Actually, I have found I have been restraining my comments too much at times. So much so that I feel that some people thought I was scared to post my views. Not so, i just always wanted to be seen as remaining neutral to the point that it hurt. PS Joe if you hunt this season try a CASS CREEK deer call. I couldnt believe how well it works. The fawn bleat is great for calling coyotes. I did a field test on the call and it works. I dont use it normally, as I call using my voice.

You are more fun when you are whuppin ass.

I understand the whole neutered... I mean neutral thing though. If you state a full opinion, and some whiny ass with an oposing opinion gets banned, he'd be like "It's cause hunter doesn't like me, he's a bear humper." Meh, whatever. I'd defend you.

Anyway, I hate bears. For some reason they always maul people when they are threatened, or their territory is disturbed. And the females always do this "protect the offspring" crap. I mean, come on. I just leave my front door open and invite people to take my shit and harm my children.

What's the big deal?

Actually in real life the bears dont act like that. They are the same as any wild animal, including humans, what they do cant be predicted. Most bears I have seen with cubs or not just run off. You cant protect people from every possible threat, I mean they voted for bush, and they fucking think bears are a threat. I wonder who/what is the cause of the deaths of more people?

did i mention " FUCK TED NUGENT ".....a talentless, mediocre, less than average, clapped out, washed up, middle aged, wingnut guitar player who doesn`t give a flying fuck about anyone but himself, his remington, the republican party, and george bush...that`s my story and i`m sticking to it...... :)

I mean they voted for bush, and they fucking think bears are a threat.

I didn't vote for Bush.

I just don't care if bears get shot is all, and I don't want to see people stopped from shooting them.

Bears ARE a threat given the right situation (I would think the old man is evidence). I'm not sure why you would think otherwise. "Not a frequent threat" would have been a more accurate statement.

I think they should simply introduce lions and other endangered African carnivores not just to the US as some asshole suggested but to Manitoba as well and let them take care of the bear problem.

And then, when the lions and other predators start eating the humans, we can introduce the dreaded half chicken half squirrel to steal all the predators’ teeth, thus greatly reducing their ability to maul people.

I wish I could sympathize with bears, but I can't say I'd care if there were no bears at all in existence.

Dont you think there should be a balance to things - if humans keep overpopulating the planet then life will be unliveable for everyone

I was talking about some of this with my cousin and his woman today.

She showed me a book she had called "Just another Indian" which records the story of the serial killer than murdered a number of Aboriginal women in my city in the 90's. It's ironic that one white guy gets mauled by a fucking bear and people [read --> Ted "I'm fucking nuts" Nugent] are ready to take to the streets. Most people, including myself until today never even heard of the serial killer.

Anyway,  I hate bears.  For some reason they always maul people when they are threatened, or their territory is disturbed.  And the females always do this "protect the offspring" crap.  I mean, come on.  I just leave my front door open and invite people to take my shit and harm my children.

What's the big deal?

:lol:

fuck ted nugent...hooray for the bears... :)

exactly what i was gonna say and i'm totally w/your next post as well :)

Actually in real life the bears dont act like that. They are the same as any wild animal, including humans, what they do cant be predicted. Most bears I have seen with cubs or not just run off. You cant protect people from every possible threat, I mean they voted for bush, and they fucking think bears are a threat. I wonder who/what is the cause of the deaths of more people?

Poor attempt at sarcasm I guess? You didn't get me.

It's kind of like people who handle big cats. A favorite nature show quote:

"These are not just big house cats"

Um, yeah they are. But when fluffy tries to maul your leg, his claws don't penetrate your Levi's.

Bears can actually be rather social, if you don't disturb them much. I watched a show about this guy trying to prove this by living in barren parts of Siberia amongst the bears. The bears could really care less about him, and he doesn't go stepping on thier toes.

did i mention " FUCK TED NUGENT ".....a talentless, mediocre, less than average, clapped out, washed up, middle aged, wingnut guitar player who doesn`t give a flying fuck about anyone but himself, his remington, the republican party, and george bush...that`s my story and i`m sticking to it...... :)

I didn't like Ted either until you said those nice things about him. Thanks for showing me the error of my dislike for old Ted.

who doesn`t give a flying fuck about anyone but himself, his remington, the republican party, and george bush...

That was the part that really convinced me he was a class act. :)

I had a bear in the yard last night, and it didnt bother with me at all. Although you can never be sure what they will do. I was a bit upset last night and may have been a bit touchy, sorry folks. I dont really care about bears one way or the other, I just cant stand a dipshit like Nugent sticking his nose in.