What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

fallen angel: diamond head: all will be revealed (2005)....one of my favourite NWOBHM bands..

All Will Be Revealed is a 2005 album by the British heavy metal band Diamond Head. This album was the band's first release since their 2002 acoustic First Cuts EP and the first studio album since 1993s Death and Progress.

The album was recorded in 2004 and first released as a Limited 2005 Tour Edition for the band's European tour supporting Megadeth...with the cover artwork depicting a solar eclipse. A second issue of the album was released in February 2005 by Diamond Head (Music) Ltd, which featured an interview with Megadeth's Dave Mustaine and a different cover of only the Diamond Head Logo designed by Mick Payton. It was then released again by Cargo Records in October 2005. Lead guitarist, Brian Tatler has stated that the aim of this record was just to try and release a solid rock album with "punchy" riffs and no fillers.

image: Fair Use for descriptive purposes: DIAMOND HEAD

post-193-1238993045_thumb.jpg

Digitalism - Taken Away (Lalory's Modern Romance Mix - 2008)

Digitalism is a German dance punk duo founded in 2004 in Hamburg and consisting of Jens "Jence" Moelle and İsmail "Isi" Tüfekçi. They have remixed tracks for The Presets, Tom Vek, The Futureheads, Daft Punk, Tiga, Klaxons, White Stripes, Monk, Depeche Mode, Cut Copy and many others, including The Cure - Wikipedia.

Lalory is a dj trio from London, Paris and Kyoto.

Moka at the excellent music blog, Motel de Moka, has put together a nice mix which includes this cut.

blue cheer: flight of the enola gay: highlights and lowlives (1991)

Blue Cheer Flight of the Enola Gay..

(Dickie Peterson & Andrew "Duck" MacDonald)..

I went down to the town tonight

The sky was fire to the Devil's delight

The soul was flashing like a burning sun

With a mighty blast you know the war was won.

We'll not forget that time of day

Called it Hell in an angry way

The world was changed and what a price to pay

The night they scrambled the Enola Gay.

I went down to the fire pool

I heard the screams, saw the dancing fool

No place to run and no place to hide

The victims lost and the winners died.

("Prepare to run. Prepare to run. Boooooommm!")

I went down to the town tonight

The sky is fire to the Devil's delight

The soul was flashing like a burning sun

With a mighty blast you know the war was won.

image: Fair Use/Supplied

post-193-1239015912_thumb.jpg

Bob Dylan - Feel A Change Comin' On (2009)

This is the new single from Bob Dylan's upcoming album, Together Through Life. Newsweek reviews the album and previews the new single right HERE

post-9-1239098967_thumb.jpg

race with the devil: girlschool: girlschool/the collection....i love this band..they`re a sort of female Motorhead..only better...they play good hard rock n roll...

Girlschool are a long-running British all-female heavy metal band originating out of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal scene...they maintain a worldwide cult following and were inspirational for many succeeding female bands.

In December 1978, Girlschool released their first single, "Take It All Away", on the independent label City Records. This led to interest from Motörhead's management and a support slot on the Overkill tour in the spring of 1979. After signing to Bronze Records later that year, the band released their first album, Demolition, in the spring of 1980, alongside the singles "Emergency" and "Race with the Devil". Tours around Europe and as support to both Uriah Heep and Black Sabbath followed.

In 1981, the band teamed up with labelmates Motörhead again, billed as Headgirl, on the classic single "Please Don’t Touch" which went silver and reached no.5 in the UK. The album Hit and Run was released in March, going gold in Canada, and a sellout tour of the UK followed. The band supported Rush, amongst others, and a headline slot at the Reading Festival maintained the band's profile.

After playing Japan in 1982...Girlschool recorded their third album Screaming Blue Murder, hitting the road in the U.S. to play stadiums alongside Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Scorpions and Blue Öyster Cult.

In 1983, the band went back into the studio with producers Noddy Holder and Jim Lea, of the band Slade, for their fourth album Play Dirty, charting in the U.S.

image: Fair Use/991.com:GIRLSCHOOL

post-193-1239181820_thumb.jpg

shattered: mick taylor: shadowman (2003)...wonderful guitar playing on this solo album from former john mayall band and rolling stones member mick taylor...a guitar prodigy and virtuoso at age 17...

In 1965, when Taylor was 16, he went to see a John Mayall's Bluesbreakers performance. It was after John Mayall had finished his first set without a guitarist that it became clear that for some reason Eric Clapton was not going to show up. A group of local musicians, which included Mick Taylor--were in the audience. Mick Taylor approached John Mayall during the intermission and ended up filling in as the guitarist for the second set, playing Clapton's guitar, which had already been set up on the stage.

Michael "Mick" Kevin Taylor born 17 January 1949 in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire is an English musician best known as a former guitarist and contributing member of The Rolling Stones. At the time, he was considered one of the best guitarists in the world.

In an essay about the Rolling Stones, printed after Taylor's resignation, music critic Robert Palmer of The New York Times wrote that "Taylor is the most accomplished technician who ever served as a Stone. A blues guitarist with a jazzman's flair for melodic invention, Taylor was never a rock and roller and never a showman."

Mick Jagger, in a 1995 interview with Jann Wenner of Rolling Stone magazine, said Taylor never explained why he had left, and surmised that "[Taylor] wanted to have a solo career. I think he found it difficult to get on with Keith." In the same interview Jagger said of Taylor's contribution to the band: "I think he had a big contribution. He made it very musical. He was a very fluent, melodic player, which we never had, and we don't have now. Some people think that's the best version of the band that existed."

image: Fair Use: MICK TAYLOR: SHADOWMAN

post-193-1239191902.jpg

Annie - Anthonio (Fred Falke Remix)

Annie, is a pop artist and DJ from Bergen, Norway. This is her latest single, which will be released on May 4, 2009 via Pleasure Matters.

Friendly Fires Feat. Au Revoir Simone - “Paris (Aeroplane Remix )

Friendly Fires are an English band from St Albans, Hertfordshire. They are currently signed to XL Recordings. Their self-titled debut album was released last September.

Aeroplane is an electronic/pop duo from Belgium.

E6E6E6
101010jGHKJNHMRV

Paris (Aeroplane Remix Feat. Au Revoir Simone) - Friendly Fires

The Thermals - Now We Can See [Kill Rock Stars]

The Thermals are an indie-punk rock band from Portland, Oregon. This is their latest single. Thanks to Pitchfork for the heads up.

Beanfield - Planetary Deadlock (2009)

Beanfield is an electronic trio from Germany. This cut is from their impressive self-titled debut.

post-9-1239264530_thumb.jpg

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (RAC remix)

The originial song appears on Kings of Leon's latest album, Only By The Night. The remix is by André Anjos, founder of the Remix Artist Collective and member of indie/electronica act The Pragmatic - it's also my favorite track so far this year.

Listen/download/read more @ RcrdLbl - check out Andre's work right HERE

post-9-1239294838_thumb.jpg

post-9-1239294848_thumb.jpg

Tinariwen - Matadjem Yinmixan (2007)

Tinariwen is a a Middle Eastern/African band from the Saharas. They formed in 1982 after being conscripted into Muammar al-Gaddafi's army. The cut appears on their third album, Aman Iman: Water Is Life.

The song also appears on Trent Reznor's listening list, which you can hear over at Blip

E6E6E6
101010BrdCMviBv7

Matadjem Yinmixan - Tinariwen

post-9-1239390205_thumb.jpg

Duran Duran Vs Kelis – Notorious Trick (2009)

The track was produced by Go Home Productions. Thanks to Zaibatsu @ Twitter for the find.

War On Drugs - Taking The Farm (2008)

The War on Drugs is an American indie rock band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.This cut appears on their album, Wagonwheel Blues. You can download the song for free over at Amazon

post-9-1239471028_thumb.jpg

Anathallo - Hanasakajijii (Four: A Great Wind, More Ash)

Anathallo are an indie ensemble from Chicago, Illinois. This cut is from their album, Floating World (2006)

E6E6E6
101010IXGvSANF6i

Hanasakajijii (four: a great wind, more ash) - Anathallo

post-9-1239474476.jpeg

Love`s got me doin` time: cinderella: heartbreak station...even though i get right into 80`s rock/metal bands i must confess i had never really heard of these guys..i always get them mixed up with bands like poison...i personally find them a little M.O.R but the production is very slick and there`s a couple of nice rock/blues type tracks on here...i reckon there`s a little bit of country influence in there too..

Heartbreak Station is Cinderella's third studio album, released in 1990 through Mercury Records. It hit #19 in the US and went platinum for selling a million albums there the same year. But while the band's two previous efforts, Night Songs and Long Cold Winter, had both gone double platinum and reaching triple during the 1990s, and had each landed in the US top ten while featuring a US top 20 hit, Heartbreak Station achieved none of these things. This is probably because the band abandoned their Def Leppard influence completely, and devoted itself to gritty, boozy rock'n'roll in the vein of Deep Purple, Humble Pie and Mott the Hoople, while Long Cold Winter had retained some of the pop-metal slickness of Night Songs while still diving into Rolling Stones-like territory. This seems to be the reason for its relative commercial disappointment, while at the same time is the reason for its many good reviews, which name it the best of Cinderella's classic albums (check the allmusic review for example). To this day, vocalist Tom Keifer has stated on several occasions that this is his favorite Cinderella record. The album featured three singles, which were "Shelter Me", hitting #36 in the US, the title track, which made #44, and "The More Things Change", which didn't chart.

image: Fair Use/www.mothermetal.com: CINDERELLA

post-193-1239511933_thumb.jpg

Ruffin & Kendrick - Ruffin & Kendrick (1986)

David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks were Temptations members back during the day.

Tracks

01 - I Couldn't Believe It. 3:24

02 - Ordinary Girl. 4:24

03 - One More For The Lonely Hearts Club. 3:47

04 - Whatever You Got. 3:56

05 - Don't Know Why You're Dreaming. 3:42

06 - Family Affair. 4:46

07 - One Last Kiss. 4:13

08 - You Only Get What You Put Out. 5:22

09 - Goodnight Pillow. 3:44

Burial - Ghost Hardware (2007)

Burial is a highly acclaimed English dubstep producer - he remains anonymous. This cut if from the album, Untrue. The video is unofficial.

post-9-1239853304.jpeg

Lisa Shaw - Tomorrow (2009)

Lisa Shaw is a Canadian soul singer, who currently resides in NY. This cut is from her latest album, Free. Miguel Migs, who I mentioned in the previous cut, is one of the producers.

The Appleseed Cast - “As The Little Things Go” (2009)

The Appleseed Cast are an indie band from Lawrence, Kansas. This cut is from their new album, Sagarmatha.

Listen HERE or download at RcrdLbl

post-9-1239960827_thumb.jpg