What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Animal Collective - My Girls (2009)

The cut appears on Merriweather Post Pavillion. This is an unofficial video. Thanks to I Guess I'm Floating for the find.

Animal Collective - My Girls from Rob Chesnutt on Vimeo.

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Forever Heavy/Tooth Decay

BMSR are an experimental band from Pittsburgh. This cut is from their 2007 album,

Dandelion Gum.

Forever Heavy

Dandelion Gum

Tooth Decay - from their new album, Eating Us (2009). Thanks to IGIF and the Hype Machine for reminding me about them.

Listen @ The Hype Machine

post-9-1239962621_thumb.jpg

Three 6 Mafia + UGK (Underground Kingz) + Project Pat - Sippin On Some Syrup

Watch the video HERE

The Pimp And The Bun Ft. Ron Isley by UGK from the album UGK4Life (2009)

Check it out @ The Passion of Weiss

post-9-1240040526_thumb.jpg

Rufus and Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody (1983)

Chaka Khan is an American Grammy-winning performer. Best known for her soul renditions, she started out with the funk band Rufus.

Coachella Music & Arts Festival

The ATT Blueroom is covering various acts during the music festival. You can watch it HERE. Make sure you get the Hi-Def plugin - best concert video player I've seen on the web! B)

Lineup Saturday, April 18th:

3:20 PM Liars

4:05 PM Dr. Dog

5:10 PM Michael Franti & Spearhead

6:05 PM Glasvegas

6:55 PM Drive-By Truckers

7:45 PM Calexico

8:35 PM Electric Touch

9:35 PM M.I.A

10:25 PM The Killers

Annie - Anthonio (Fred Falke Remix)

Annie is a pop artist and dj from Norway. Fred Falke is a French house producer.

Get it @ OhhCrapp B) Thanks to Alexxis@Twitter for the find.

post-9-1240290656_thumb.jpg

Passion Pit - The Reeling (2009)

Passion Pit are a synthpop/disco band from Boston. Their new album, Manners is due out 5/18 in the UK (Columbia) and on 5/19 in the US (Frenchkiss). Thanks to Stereogum for the intro.

TV On The Radio - Stork & Owl (Gang Gang Dance Remix - 2009)

Gang Gang Dance is an experimental band from New York City. This cut is from the album, Read Science (Touch and Go Records).

E6E6E6
101010YTeogKSz9M

Stork & Owl (Gang Gang Dance Remix) - TV On The Radio

post-9-1240293109.jpeg

Del - ”Get It Right Now” (2009)

Del tha Funkee Homosapien, is an alternative hip hop artist and cousin of Ice Cube. You can download the cut (and the entire album, Funk Man the Stimulus, at his website B)

Or you can check it out at The Passion of Weiss's "LA Times The Quarterly Report–The Best Rap Albums of the First Quarter of 2009." POW knows more about hip hop music than just about anyone I know - so his website is well worth visiting. Plus he has a few other samples for you to listen to from the best of the rest:

Download:

MP3: DOOM-”That’s That”

MP3: UGK-”Swishas and Erb”

ZIP: Boosie-Superbad: The Return of Mr. Wipe Down

MP3: Camp Lo-”Gotcha”

MP3: Exile-”The Sound is God”

MP3: Finale-”One Man Show” (prod. by Black Milk)

MP3: Blu-”Amnesia”

MP3: Del-”Get It Right Now”

ZIP: Tiron-Ketchup (Left-Click)

MP3: Harmonic 313 ft. Elzhi & Phat Kat-”Battlestar”

post-9-1240294331_thumb.jpg

Sunset Rubdown - Idiot Heart (2009)

Sunset Rubdown is a band from Canada which was created by Spencer Krug of Wolf Parade. This cut is from their latest album, Dragonslayer, which is out in June. Stream it below - download it from one of these websites

E6E6E6
101010_AOaAV62dk

Idiot Heart - Sunset Rubdown

post-9-1240295101.jpeg

Basement Jaxx - Raindrops (2009)

Basement Jaxx are a UK house music duo consisting of Felix Buxton and Simon Ratcliffe. This cut appears on their upcoming album, The Return of Basement Jaxx, which features contains guest vocals from Grace Jones, Cyndi Lauper, Santigold, Yoko Ono, Yo Majesty, and Sam Sparro. You can stream it below or check it out HERE B)

post-9-1240296869_thumb.jpg

WhiteTree - Kyril/Mercury Sands (2009)

Whitetree is Italian pianist Ludovico Einaudi and German electronic artists Robert and Ronald Lippok. They make beautiful instrumental music - which is a fine way to end the day. The following cuts appear on their album, Cloudland, which you can sample @ their record label, Ponderosa. A tip of the hat to PJ @ The Yellow Stereo for the discovery.

post-9-1240299793_thumb.jpg

post-9-1240299803_thumb.jpg

Mogwai - The Sun Smells too Loud (2008)

Mogwai are a Scottish rock band from Glasgow. This cut is from the album, the Hawk is Howling (via Matador Records)

Röyksopp with Robyn: "The Girl and the Robot" (Live at Senkveld - 2009)

The cut is from the band's latest album, Junior. Thanks to Pitchfork for the find.

The Bees - Medley from Sunshine Hit Me release (2002)

The Bees are an indie band from the Isle of Wright. Here's a rare video of the band playing live at a record release party. Tracks include: 1: angry man 2: a mina menina 3: whistle chop. What you are hearing here is mostly funk - their albums veer towards more towards post rock, jazz and psychedelic music - not sure about the middle track. The album, Sunshine Hit Me, was nominated for a Mercury Prize. Thanks to OpenSpace Radio for the recommendation.

The Warlocks - Zombie Like Lovers (2007)

The Warlocks are an indie band from LA - the music skews towards being psychedelic in tone. This cut is from their album, Heavy Deavy Skull Lover.

E6E6E6
101010-bFna8ufWV

Zombie Like Lovers - The Warlocks

Mark Farina/The Jazzual Suspects - This Beat (2008)

This cut appears on the album, Mushroom Jazz 6 - Unmixed Exclusives, which was remixed by DJ Mark Farina. I discovered it when i downloaded KCRWs Free Winter Mix B)

Or download it HERE

post-9-1240389568_thumb.jpg

Deadmau5 - I Remember (Original Mix)

Deadmau5 is a progressive house and electro house producer and DJ from Toronto. This cut was released in early 2008. KCRW has included a variation of this cut with the singer Kaskade in its Free Winter Mix - check it out

Matt & Kim - Lessons Learned (2009)

Matt and Kim are an indie punk duo from New York. This cut appears on their latest album, Grand via Fader

Lessons Learned

The duo recently did a full session on KCRWs Morning Becomes Eclectic. You can watch it below:

Nico the Beast - Don't Talk the Talk (2009)

Nico the Beast is a hiphip artist from Philadelphia, PA. The Passion of Weiss notes that he was in a serious car accident last week and lost a friend :sad: So here is a shout out to Nico - hope you heal up soon.

You can check out the cut above and Nico's latest mixtape - the Dinner is Served, Vol. 1 over at The Passion of Weiss

post-9-1240474258_thumb.jpg

Bloc Party: "Letter To My Son (Golden Panda Remix)"

This cut is from their upcoming album, Intimacy Remixed, which is due out on May 11 - the track list is below. You can check it out @ IGuessImFloating.

You can also check out their No Age Remix of Better Than Heaven @ Stereogum

01 "Ares (Villains remix)"

02 "Mercury Herve is in Disarray remix)"

03 "Halo"(We Have Band Dub)"

04 "Biko (Mogwai remix)"

05 "Trojan Horse (John B remix)"

06 "Signs" (Armand Van Helden remix)"

07 "One Month Off (Filthy Dukes remix)"

08 "Zephyrus" (Phase One remix)"

09 "Talons" (Phones RIP remix)"

10 "Better Than Heaven (No Age remix)"

11 "Ion Square (Banjo or Freakout remix)"

12 "Letter To My Son" (Gold Panda remix)"

13 "Your Visits are Getting Shorter (Double D remix)"

(JDT) Jason Domnarski Trio - G Unit

JDT are an experimental jazz band from New York City. Nate Chinen of the New York Times notes: "Jason Domnarski is a promising young keyboardist with a deep attunement to pop production and orchestration, as he demonstrates on his self-released new album "Notes from Underground." This cut was recorded live @ Rockwood Music Hall last year.

Here's his jazz interpretation of David Bowie's All The Young Dudes, which was originally recorded and released as a single by Mott the Hoople in 1972.