What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Shout Out Louds-It´s Possible (Impossible remix by Studio)

I've posted this before ... but any remix by Studio is worth posting again B)

Here is the original song

BitterSweet - Dirty Laundry (Skeewiff Remix)

Bitter:Sweet is an indie band from LA. This cut appears on The Remix Game which was released by Quango Records in 2007.

post-9-1238218941.jpeg

FYI, Beatfactory posted 11 exclusive hiphop tunes today on the boards and you can find the downloads right HERE B)

David Archuleta - A Little Too Not Over You

Lokixximo featuring DJ Mesta - Noche Europea

Chris Brown featuring T-Pain - Greatness

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow

Colby O'Donis - Let You Go

The Dream - Mr. Yeah

Slim Thug featuring Chamillionaire & Z-Ro - I Run (REMIX)

Slim Thug - Smile

Red Cafe - Ain't I (Freestyle)

Pitbull featuring Junior - Because I Love You

Dolla featuring Jim Jones - Dough Boy

Yuksek - Extraball (Breakbot Remix)

Yuksek is an electronic/club producer from France. This cut is from the album, Extraball, which is available on Beatport.

Check out the tune at Too Many Sebastians - I've been hanging out there all day B)

post-9-1238221392_thumb.jpg

Metric - Help Me, I'm Alive (2009)

This is a cut from Emily Haines latest album. It should be out any day. I posted it last week, but I think it's worth putting on repeat B)

The MFA - The Difference It Makes (Original Mix)

MFA is an electronic duo consisting of Alastair Douglas and Rhys Evans. The MFA stands for 'The Mother-Fucking Allstars'. Fuckinay! B) Have a nice weekend, everyone!

The Radio Department - Pulling Our Weight (2006)

The Radio Department are a Swedish indie band. This is the title track from the ep. You can check out some more of their samples over @ The Yellow Stereo

"Black widow of La Porte": ex-Marilyn Manson shredder JOHN 5..one of the hottest in the business...

John 5, born John William Lowery in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, on July 31, 1971, is an American guitarist. His stage name was bestowed upon him back in 1998 when he joined rock group Marilyn Manson as their guitarist taking over from Zim Zum (Timothy M. Linton). He is currently the guitarist for Rob Zombie.

He is also a solo artist having recorded four guitar albums: Vertigo (2004), Songs For Sanity (2005), The Devil Knows My Name (2007) and Requiem (2008), as well as a remix album, Remixploitation (2009). He also works as a staff writer for Chrysalis Records, working with artists such as Avril Lavigne, Garbage, Meat Loaf, FeFe Dobson and has been writing and recording with the legendary Southern Rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd for their upcoming release, which was originally scheduled for early 2009.

image: Fair Use/www.flashflashrevolution.com: JOHN 5.

post-193-1238283026_thumb.jpg

Marilyn Manson....Lunchbox....EXPLICIT lyrics...early manson...hard-edged rock mixed with social commentary...and doing it very well... :lol:

image: Fair Use/2.bp.blogspot.com: MARILYN MANSON: LUNCHBOX

post-193-1238285678_thumb.jpg

Zim Zum (The Beautiful People)...i love this guys rhythm guitar playing...it sounds like a rusty nail being dragged across corrugated iron...very cool...:lol:

Timothy Michael Linton (born on June 25, 1969, in Chicago) more commonly known as Zim Zum, is an American rock musician/songwriter and former guitarist for Life, Sex & Death and Marilyn Manson (1996-1998).

The high point of Linton's music career is his collaboration with Marilyn Manson. He travelled with the band for the 1996-1997 "Dead To The World" tour. Fans got their first glimpse of Linton during Nothing Records', now notorious showcase called "Nothing Night", that was held in 1996 at the Irving Center in New York.

His first video for the band was "The Beautiful People". By using the stage name "Zim Zum", Linton became the first member of Marilyn Manson to not use a stage name that combined a sex symbol's first and a serial killer's last names. According to Jeordie White (Twiggy Ramirez), he got his name from his Dungeons & Dragons character Linton contributed to all but two of the tracks on the band's 1998 release Mechanical Animals.

Patchy VID quality..but you`ll get the idea... :lol:

image: Fair Use/www.manson-valley.de: ZIM ZUM

post-193-1238287752_thumb.jpg

Groove Armada - I See You Baby (Fatboy Slim Remix)

"I See you baby, shakin' that ass ..." :dancer7:

Groove Armada are a big beat duo Andy Cato and Tom Findlay from England. Fatboy Slim is a British DJ, big beat musician and producer. A tip of the hat to GhostEnthusiast for the find.

Watch the video

"BURN"...TIM SKOLD: a very talented guitarist/propducer from Shotgun Messiah, the Marilyn Manson band and KMFDM....

Tim Skold is a multi-instrumentalist....whose involvement with Marilyn Manson began as producer for the single "Tainted Love" which is featured in the 2001 teen comedy/parody movie, Not Another Teen Movie, as well as the soundtrack. Manson and Skold went on to score the movie Resident Evil, released in 2002. Several tracks are featured on the Resident Evil Movie Soundtrack.

Skold officially joined Marilyn Manson in 2002 after the departure of bassist Twiggy Ramirez. At this time, not only was Tim the bassist for the band, but he was also producing, editing, doing artwork, electronics, drum programming and beats, also playing guitar, keyboards, accordion and synthesizer bass for the Marilyn Manson 2003 release, The Golden Age of Grotesque.

He is described by Manson as, "the power that attitude brings to an album". On the band's 2004 release, Lest We Forget: The Best Of, Skold produced, played lead guitar, and sang backup vocals on the cover version of "Personal Jesus", which was also released as a single. Coinciding with the release of The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D in October 2006, Manson and Skold contributed a cover of "This Is Halloween" to The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, with Skold taking care of the music while Manson provided the vocals.

This time also saw the start of work on Marilyn Manson’s sixth studio album entitled Eat Me, Drink Me. The album was released worldwide on June 5th, 2007.

Skold played guitar on the band's 2007 world tour, Rape Of The World

image: Fair Use/www.radiotangra.com: TIM SKOLD

post-193-1238298386_thumb.jpg

(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear: Z.Z. Top: XXX (1999)...a killer live version of this Elvis classic by the Tres Hombres from Texas...Billy Gibbons does a great lead vocal on this one.

XXX is the thirteenth studio album by American blues-rock band ZZ Top, released in 1999 . It is the second disc in the band's Drums-Bass-Fuzzy Guitar trilogy (preceded by 1996's Rhythmeen and followed by 2003's Mescalero). This album celebrates the 30th anniversary of the band.

post-193-1238307601_thumb.jpg

post-193-1238307610_thumb.jpg

"Sweet Papa John": Johnny Winter: Dervish Blues...an excellent bootleg soundboard recording of a live Johnny Winter radio studio concert in San Bernadino Calif around 1975..the audio quality is very good and Johnny Winter plays an inspired, fast as the speed of light set...ah..those were the days....What a mean guitar player that man is..and a rock survivor as well...

Musicians:

Johnny Winter - Guitar, Slide Guitar, Vocals, Harmonica

Randy Jo Hobbs - Bass, Background Vocals

Richard Hughes - Drums

Floyd Radford – Guitar

Tracks:

01. Rock and Roll People [5:58] (John Lennon)

02. Sweet Papa John [11:29] (Johnny Winter)

03. Roll with Me [4:29] (Rick Derringer)

04. Boney Moroney [6:17] (Larry Williams)

05. Highway 61 Revisited [12:31] (Bob Dylan)...a wicked version.. :thumbsup:

06. Jumping Jack Flash [5:03] (Johnny Winter)

image: Fair Use: JOHNNY WINTER: DERVISH BLUES

post-193-1238309277_thumb.jpg

Barry White - It's Ecstacy When You Lay Down Next to Me (1977)

Barry White was a prolfiic American soul record producer and singer-songwriter. You can find this on the album Barry White Sings for Someone You Love.

E6E6E6
1010101_mfbZMuZu

Ecstacy - Barry White

Metric - Gimme Sympathy (2009)

This is the official video for the single. The album Fantasies is due out April 14 - it's one of the better indie pop releases of the year. Thanks to El.bows for the heads up.

Here are Prince's other two performances on Jay Leno from earlier in the week:

Prince - "Dreamer" on Leno (3/26/09) (from his latest cd, Lotus Flower)

Prince - “Feel Good, Feel Better, Feel Wonderful” (3/27/09)

Ann Powers at the LA Times reviews Prince's LA shows over the weekend, which were to promote his three new albums - Read More

"Prince’s three-in-one concert experience Saturday at downtown’s L.A. Live nightlife complex often felt like a date with a special someone that wasn’t going quite as expected. You know how such evenings can be: Your beloved insists on making all the decisions; he (or she) directs the conversation toward unfamiliar topics; he makes you wait, but when he’s finally fully present, announces he can’t stay too long. Such a night can frustrate, but then it turns around completely on the strength of just one perfect, loving gesture. Despite many challenges, Prince still managed just that kind of metaphorical final kiss."

Chick Corea & John McLaughlin (Live in 2008)

Chick" Corea is a multiple Grammy Award winning American jazz pianist, keyboardist, drummer, and composer. John McLaughlin also known as Mahavishnu John McLaughlin, is an English jazz fusion guitarist and composer. Check out the guitar work!

WOW!!! the new Prince vid on Leno with DREAMER...great clip D.A.I.C...i`ve always admired Princes` guitar playing......it`s hot mate...always has been...looks like he`s bringing it (his guitar) to the fore for some of his new stuff....he`s a great artist...i`m going to have to get into this mate... :thumbsup:

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2006/05/epi...oud-guitar.html

http://www.photopix.ch/guitar/index.php

http://www.skinnydevil.com/Prince.html

http://www.the-top-tens.com/items/prince-3820.asp

image: Fair Use

post-193-1238367037_thumb.jpg