What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

excellent choice......i have some al kooper and mike bloomfield in mp3 format from their " live adventures " album released in 1969...in fact i was listening to the kooper/bloomfield version of booker t & the mg`s "green onions " last night...very cool hammond organ sound.......

post-59-1099783708.jpg

An incredible sounding instrument, the Hammond, almost forgotten by modern rock musicians ....still have jazz musicians using it though.

By the way, how many rock guys had Norman Rockwell paint an album cover for them? Rockwell was interested in the youth movement of the late 60's and somehow came in touch with Kooper, who is a very bright guy. He jokingly asked if Rockwell wanted to do an album cover, and to his great shock Rockwell accepted. The painting ended up being the property of the record company, with some low ranking putz somehow getting it....much to Al Kooper's chagrin.

An incredible sounding instrument, the Hammond, almost forgotten by modern rock musicians ....still have jazz musicians using it though.

By the way, how many rock guys had Norman Rockwell paint an album cover for them? Rockwell was interested in the youth movement of the late 60's and somehow came in touch with Kooper, who is a very bright guy. He jokingly asked if Rockwell wanted to do an album cover, and to his great shock Rockwell accepted. The painting ended up being the property of the record company, with some low ranking putz somehow getting it....much to Al Kooper's chagrin.

hence the contribution of the likes of norman rockwell and al kooper to american popular culture, not just as artists in their own right but as social commentators of their time.....

Bn: " Whatever happened to the Norman Rockwell portrait of you and Mike Bloomfield that appears on the cover of Live Adventures?

AK: That's an interesting question. Here's what happened. It was hanging at CBS in the art director's office, John Berg. And I tried to steal it three times. Because I felt it belonged to me. And I was unsuccessful all three times. Then a few years later I went to John Berg and I said, "You really should give that to me. It's ridiculous for you to have it." And he said, "You know, I would leave it to you in my will, but I'm afraid you'll kill me." And that was the end of that.

Finally, about two years ago I did an interview at WABC radio in New York and the disc jockey said, "My brother owns the painting." And he bought it from somebody that wasn't John Berg. So John Berg sold it. And then whoever he sold it to maybe is the one he bought it from. I talked to the guy that owned it and it really depressed me. That was as much as I wanted to know. "

." Also, in 1969 Kooper and his then-wife, in full hippie

regalia, get invited to a Norman Rockwell*** art opening. In the seventies

Kooper remarked that they "were as out of place as Richard Pryor at a KKK

convention"; the newer version likens the Koopers to "Beavis & Butthead at a

New Age convention."

"We did one sitting for Norm, which he personally photographed, and then he worked from the photos he took. The cost of the painting was deducted from our royalties "

"These boys [Mike Bloomfield & Al Kooper] were the most interesting looking

people I've ever painted"

post-59-1099787852.gif

i have some al kooper and mike bloomfield in mp3 format from their " live adventures " album released in 1969...in fact i was listening to the kooper/bloomfield version of booker t & the mg`s "green onions " last night...very cool hammond organ sound.......

I like their version but I prefer Booker T & the MG's version. I also like some of Booker T's other stuff such as Time Is Tight. Blood, Sweat & Tears when Kooper was with them is great too.

page 9 from my homepage

there is a small green RADIO button , try it out and i hope i get reply in my guestbook so i can see of it will work all over the world. please lisson and help me

http://dutchonline.hengelonet.nl/

page 9 the litle green radio button

it will be a great help for me THANKS ;) ;) ;)

so turn the radio on and lisson to [ ARROW ROCK ] thats my favorit

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

cream ....... " spoonful " from the album " live cream "...cream at their brilliant best.....improvising all the way.....

" we just used to look at each other and say bye,bye..see you at the other end "

eric clapton on the subject of the very long solo lead breaks that were creams hallmark in their live perfomances circa 1967 - 1969...........

post-59-1100238260.jpg