Pope: Rock Music a "vehicle of anti-religion"

pope.jpgTimes british Times wrote a brief yet complete article about the new Pope Benedict the 16th -or Joseph Ratzinger if you prefer- and among others, it says...

"In 1981 he became Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, formerly the Inquisition, where he earned the nickname "The Enforcer", and Dean of the College of Cardinals in 2002. He and the late Pope were referred to as "intellectual bedfellows". "

and more recently

"But it is in his enforcement of Church doctrine that he has made so many enemies around the world. He said it was "an enormous mistake" to allow Turkey to join the European Union, has described rock music as a "vehicle of anti-religion" and believes cloning is a more serious threat to humanity than weapons of mass destruction. He believes the ban on women priests is necessary to safeguard doctrine, is against multiculturalism and believes that the Church of England is not a proper church. Other religions he regards as deficient and homosexuality in his view is an "intrinsic moral evil".

Read the article...

So all you rockers out there should reconsider... and oh, those who are expecting the catholic church to make some steps forward, forget it for now.

\m/

the appointment of ratzinger as pope sends a signal that " the catholic church is preparing for battle "...according to a senior catholic spokesperson interviewed down here in new zealand......

post-92-1114184905.jpg

I think we should burn all rockers and their families. And pets.

don't forget punks, club kids, geeks...like that. :lol:

Pope Has Gained the Insight to Address Abuse, Aides Say

ATICAN CITY, April 22 - For the past four years, the man who is now Pope Benedict XVI had more responsibility than any other cardinal for deciding whether and how to discipline Roman Catholic priests accused of sexual abuse.

http://nytimes.com/2005/04/23/internationa...artner=homepage

When the scandal was snowballing in 2002, Cardinal Ratzinger was among several Vatican officials who appeared to minimize the problem.

"In the United States, there is constant news on this topic, but less than 1 percent of priests are guilty of acts of this type," he said in November 2002 during a visit to Spain. "Therefore, one comes to the conclusion that it is intentional, manipulated - that there is a desire to discredit the church."

post-92-1114227558.jpg

I wish I could speak to him in person, quoting my fathers words when he was very sick in hospital, and saw a Rabi in the room. I quote, " I never suckholed before, and I aint starting now" Dads kind of a blunt person.

:lol:

Turbulence on Campus in 60's Hardened Views of Future Pope

TÜBINGEN, Germany, April 23 - For all Pope Benedict XVI's decades as a Vatican insider, it may have been the crucible of a university town swept by student radicalism in the late 1960's that definitively shaped the man who now leads the Roman Catholic Church.

http://nytimes.com/2005/04/24/internationa...artner=homepage

Pope Has Gained the Insight to Address Abuse, Aides Say

ATICAN CITY, April 22 - For the past four years, the man who is now Pope Benedict XVI had more responsibility than any other cardinal for deciding whether and how to discipline Roman Catholic priests accused of sexual abuse.

http://nytimes.com/2005/04/23/internationa...artner=homepage

When the scandal was snowballing in 2002, Cardinal Ratzinger was among several Vatican officials who appeared to minimize the problem.

"In the United States, there is constant news on this topic, but less than 1 percent of priests are guilty of acts of this type," he said in November 2002 during a visit to Spain. "Therefore, one comes to the conclusion that it is intentional, manipulated - that there is a desire to discredit the church."

Meh. Sheep farmers have sheep, priests have little boys. You want to stop the problem, stop raising sheep.

Either that... or eliminate the sheppards....

against other religions method....

I know that kiwi and I hate it. In fact, I hate the new pope but I don't give a shit anyway...

It scares me though that some people believe in him and see him as God. Sad

I can't shake it. The guy creeps me out.

he reminds me of him:

post-92-1114521211.gif

or him, compare 'n' contrast :lol:

post-92-1114526380.jpg

the appointment of ratzinger as pope is merely another step in the conservative " rennaisance " or " revolution " that right wing pundits and commentators gleefully inform us all is taking place throughout the world at the moment......